CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Nah that ground is hard to defend. Aside from Maxwell’s inexplicable drop, Aussies did really well. NZ aren’t a bunch of numpties.

There was some awful deliveries at the death still that nearly lost it for us.

I don’t know how after all the close Test losses bowling short and wide that the same players think it’ll still work

There was some awful deliveries at the death still that nearly lost it for us.

I don’t know how after all the close Test losses bowling short and wide that the same players think it’ll still work

Well , the alternative is bowl full and straight .
And we have seen what happens then . It`s a batters game now days . Any ball can be hit for 6 .
Patty had the most success with slow ball bouncers wide of the stumps.They went for dot balls . Full on the stumps went the distance .

@Sproj do you still want to dock their pay and sack the coach ?
Another question ? Would you drop Marnus for standing on the boundary rope and giving away a 6 ? LOL .

And we have seen what happens then . It`s a batters game now days . Any ball can be hit for 6 .
Patty had the most success with slow ball bouncers wide of the stumps.They went for dot balls . Full on the stumps went the distance .

Another question ? Would you drop Marnus for standing on the boundary rope and giving away a 6 ? LOL .

Maxwell should absolutely be docked pay for dropping that sitter, he’s very lucky that didn’t cost them the game. The Labushagne one is you just being dumb as usual and do I want the coach sacked? Yes, this team is underperforming, winning a game where you score almost 400 and win by just 5 does not change anything.

an exactly inverse outcome is not the only possible option/alternative

Maxwell should absolutely be docked pay for dropping that sitter, he’s very lucky that didn’t cost them the game. The Labushagne one is you just being dumb as usual and do I want the coach sacked? Yes, this team is underperforming, winning a game where you score almost 400 and win by just 5 does not change anything.

OK I asked this question before .
Who do you think is the person to do the docking of pay , drilling of fielding and dropping players who drop catches?
How long do you reckon they will last as coach ?

OK I asked this question before .
Who do you think is the person to do the docking of pay , drilling of fielding and dropping players who drop catches?
How long do you reckon they will last as coach ?

I've basically answered these but to spell it out for you:

1. This is the job of the coaches
2. This is the problem when you have a weak administration who favours players over the team, the coach gets punted before the players - this is the same problem so many NRL teams have

I've basically answered these but to spell it out for you:

1. This is the job of the coaches
2. This is the problem when you have a weak administration who favours players over the team, the coach gets punted before the players - this is the same problem so many NRL teams have

Blah blah blah .
Who is the person to carry out this punishment regime ? Pretty obvious you think the coach should be a tyrant . But who is the tyrant for the job is what I`m asking?

Blah blah blah .
Who is the person to carry out this punishment regime ? Pretty obvious you think the coach should be a tyrant . But who is the tyrant for the job is what I`m asking?

Stop with this conversation man. You don't agree with me and I rarely ever agree with you. So I am exiting this pointless discussion. Whatever I say you just twist into something stupid and I've wasted enough time on it.

Netherlands beat Bangladesh easily, before too long they could be lightyears ahead of where Bangladesh have gotten their game to in a fraction of the time

Netherlands beat Bangladesh easily, before too long they could be lightyears ahead of where Bangladesh have gotten their game to in a fraction of the time

Bangladesh was like them once though, 2 or 3 class guys surrounded by average blokes. Zimbabwe was also like that in the Andy Flower era. Their issue will be able to keep the momentum going with the next generation of players.

The thing I love about them though is that they set a ridiculously high standard in the field and that reflects attitude as much as skill. I love Scott Edwards, he's a gun.

Both Maxwell and Marsh out of next game.

- Marsh has flown home for personal reasons
- Maxwell knocked himself out falling off a gold cart - yep you read that right

I guess they'll go:
1. Warner
2. Head
3. Smith
4. Labushagne
5. Green
6. Stoinis
7. Carey
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

Stoinis drops Root, that was easy for a player at this level. That’s like his sixth drop of very few games in the tournament. Root on 7 at the time. Let’s see how much it costs.

Starc gets Root! That’s a great review by Marnus, no idea how he knew that was edged from where he stood but he was right.

England's stuttering title defence at the 50-over Cricket World Cup has officially crumbled with Australia delivering the mortal blow on Jos Buttler and his disjointed team.

Adam Zampa bowled Australia to a 33-run victory to all but secure a berth in the semifinals.

FCKIN Ronnie ! .

The opening bowling and middle order batting have been our weaknesses. They opened the bowling much better last night. Really just need Smith to fire now.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.