CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

The out fielding again today has been outstanding - Ricky Ponting .

They have fielded brilliantly tonight under the lights - Nasser Hussian .

Fckin Ronnie and the setting of standards ... Players have too much power Blahdie , blah , blah .

TV Umpire to director .
We have a review for bowled .

Never heard that phrase before ?

TV Umpire to director .
We have a review for bowled .

Never heard that phrase before ?

Was the WBBL? That would've been the Devine wicket, keepers gloves were pretty close to the wicket so they must've had some concern it was glove knocking the bails not the ball.

No , it was India vs Sth Africa .
Mahaharaj to Shuman Gill . Clean bowled but umpires maybe thought he was stumped ?
Though the keepers gloves were well back from the stumps .

It is in the rule book , but that`s the 1st and only time I have heard of it in international cricket .

It is in the rule book but he actually shouldn’t have been out. He was out there at 1 minute 55 seconds and then the helmet broke, that becomes an equipment issue and given all the rules around head knocks, a safety issue. Very poor from Bangladesh to go through with it.

I didn’t like the Bairstow runout but this is far worse.

Apparently there’s a history between these teams. Not shaking hands at the end. Just poor form

Oli Davies gets his first FC ton!
Beau Webster continuing to impress as an all rounder
McSweeney starting to string some back to back decent innings together - he's reminding me a lot of Labushagne's career trajectory
Hunt with his first ton in a long time
Harris gets a ton after a poor start to the season

Some good runs this round from different players.

Hamish Mackenzie gets his first FC wicket - he's a left arm wrist spinner and you don't see many of those! Can't think of one since Hogg. Great catch by Rocchiocholi (sorry on spelling) who has been impressing in his own right as a bowler but that was a screamer.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the format of this world cup.

Oli Davies gets his first FC ton!
Beau Webster continuing to impress as an all rounder
McSweeney starting to string some back to back decent innings together - he's reminding me a lot of Labushagne's career trajectory
Hunt with his first ton in a long time
Harris gets a ton after a poor start to the season

Some good runs this round from different players.
First Davies innings of note but he has always been on the watch list along with his brother Joel. It will be the first of many I’m sure.

Beau has been playing excellently but he just gives off perennial shield player vibes, I think he would probably have to do this for another 12 months and come 30 with really only opener spots opening up in the near future in the test scene he may not ever get a run. Never say never but unlikely. Been very good though. Marsh, Green and Hardie have rubber stamped that spot for a while between themselves and Neser currently would get picked long before Beau, you never, ever know though.

That was much needed from Hunt. He’s fallen well behind in the race for Opener and needed something to get back in the race. At 26 he has time on his hands something others don’t have but he just simply doesn’t have the runs on the board recently to even threaten for the spots. Youth will help him but he needs runs now.

Harris just doing what he usually does but I think at 31 having failed in the test environment he quite possibly won’t get picked regardless of if he averages a **** ton of runs cause he was doing the same when he last got picked.

McSweeney. Gem. 24 has been a mass run-scorer at every level, technically so gifted, great fielder, good tactician and handy bowler if needed. If he doesn’t play for Australia he hasn’t reached his potential. For mine he jumps into the next man up at 3 or 4 now. He has done some incredible things at club level, 2nd XI level and now Shield level. I have always had an eye on him cause I have just been distantly associated with him through club land and stuff and you always knew he had it in him. Serial run-scorer once he gets comfortable at a level and he went to SA took a few matches where he showed the class. Started to get some runs, got the Aus A and heat opportunity last year where he played excellently and he hasn’t looked back. Been the best player for SA by a mile this season. I think he is a bit to fresh to get an opportunity for Australia this soon but he will undoubtedly be in the conversation and is second to none in that top-middle order role in shield at the moment. Currently the batting order would be re-jigged by the Aussies of something happened to Marnus and Smith but if he can snag another 1 or 2 before Christmas he could rocket into that backup place. Last thing you want to do is end up the squad member though. You want to time a good push to break into the side not sit in the squad.

So beat Afghanistan tonight and we're guaranteed a semis match!? It would be good to win to avoid India in the semis as well.

First Davies innings of note but he has always been on the watch list along with his brother Joel. It will be the first of many I’m sure.

Beau has been playing excellently but he just gives off perennial shield player vibes, I think he would probably have to do this for another 12 months and come 30 with really only opener spots opening up in the near future in the test scene he may not ever get a run. Never say never but unlikely. Been very good though. Marsh, Green and Hardie have rubber stamped that spot for a while between themselves and Neser currently would get picked long before Beau, you never, ever know though.

That was much needed from Hunt. He’s fallen well behind in the race for Opener and needed something to get back in the race. At 26 he has time on his hands something others don’t have but he just simply doesn’t have the runs on the board recently to even threaten for the spots. Youth will help him but he needs runs now.

Harris just doing what he usually does but I think at 31 having failed in the test environment he quite possibly won’t get picked regardless of if he averages a **** ton of runs cause he was doing the same when he last got picked.

McSweeney. Gem. 24 has been a mass run-scorer at every level, technically so gifted, great fielder, good tactician and handy bowler if needed. If he doesn’t play for Australia he hasn’t reached his potential. For mine he jumps into the next man up at 3 or 4 now. He has done some incredible things at club level, 2nd XI level and now Shield level. I have always had an eye on him cause I have just been distantly associated with him through club land and stuff and you always knew he had it in him. Serial run-scorer once he gets comfortable at a level and he went to SA took a few matches where he showed the class. Started to get some runs, got the Aus A and heat opportunity last year where he played excellently and he hasn’t looked back. Been the best player for SA by a mile this season. I think he is a bit to fresh to get an opportunity for Australia this soon but he will undoubtedly be in the conversation and is second to none in that top-middle order role in shield at the moment. Currently the batting order would be re-jigged by the Aussies of something happened to Marnus and Smith but if he can snag another 1 or 2 before Christmas he could rocket into that backup place. Last thing you want to do is end up the squad member though. You want to time a good push to break into the side not sit in the squad.

Agree but it is possible Webster gets a look in on the sub continent with his ability to bowl his innocent brand of offies. His problem is he isn’t fashionable and I think for that squad spin all rounder Maxwell used to do, they’ll go with Short because he is more aggressive.

Wow more controversy. That’s a pretty weird overturn. Looked like a catch live, Stoinis of course claimed it and the evidence is by no means conclusive but it’s given not out, they say it touched the grass. That may well call into question just about every catch ever.

Agree but it is possible Webster gets a look in on the sub continent with his ability to bowl his innocent brand of offies. His problem is he isn’t fashionable and I think for that squad spin all rounder Maxwell used to do, they’ll go with Short because he is more aggressive.
I more meant at test level and whilst Short isn’t necessarily a never, never in that regard I would not only be going Webster before him it is way more likely they run with a good pace all-rounder such as Green or Hardie and run out the two genuine spinners than spinning all-rounders. Not to mention Beau hasn’t bowled offies for a while now having taken up the medium pacers.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • BroncoFan94
  • TimWhatley
  • RolledOates
  • Morkel
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.