CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I more meant at test level and whilst Short isn’t necessarily a never, never in that regard I would not only be going Webster before him it is way more likely they run with a good pace all-rounder such as Green or Hardie and run out the two genuine spinners than spinning all-rounders. Not to mention Beau hasn’t bowled offies for a while now having taken up the medium pacers.

I agree. I don’t think Webster is getting a look in anywhere if we’re being real, more just a hypothetical. My comment in reference to Short was a bit of a dig at the selectors and some other random selections over the years.

Inglis has been absolute dogshit at international level

It’s so disappointing. You can see the talent he has but he just can’t put it together. I was excited when he finally got his shot over Carey and he has totally botched it.

Holy ****!!! what just happened.

Maxwell saved us from a humiliating defeat ... And he did it while having trouble walking.

The commentator was bang on when he said that Maxwell "shouldn't have to walk off the field, he should be carried off"

That is just insanity from Maxwell.

At 7/91, he puts on 201 from 128 balls ... even at the end 22 runs off 4 balls... what the ****

That would have to be the best ODI innings by an Australian ever

It’s so disappointing. You can see the talent he has but he just can’t put it together. I was excited when he finally got his shot over Carey and he has totally botched it.
Similar to what I said about McSweeney earlier you never want to end up that squad player cause you have limited opportunity once you get your crack and it might not be off the back of confidence or form. Had he gotten a crack at any format 2-3 years ago when he was killing it he would be going great guns right now. I think he needs a shit ton of domestic cricket again to pump some confidence into him, same goes with Green who just needs to fix some technical and mindset aspects.

I put the replay on this morning. Blew my kids minds when I told them we win from 7/71.

Hobble and deliver stuff from the big show.

How about now lads?

I've been critical of him and I still will be.

He needs to do that against a top side, Netherlands and Afghanistan aren't exactly the pinnacle of world cricket. He was dropped early on, the DRS review was quite lucky too, he wasn't reviewing on height. I also reckon his injury helped him as he was forced to stand still and hit the ball.

That said, it was a phenomenal innings and he deserves credit for that.

How bad was that dropped catch by Afghanistan?

If that was a Pakistani, match fixing allegations would be running wild. One of the easiest catches dropped that you will ever see.

England 6/200 against the Netherlands with 11 overs to go

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Robboi_321
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Big Del
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.