CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

Cummins wins it! Goodness me, what a shot.

That was one of the most tense games I've ever seen. Australia made hard work of it but SA just imploded at the wrong moments.

Jeez how many catches did Sth Africa drop... could've won it pretty easily even with the modest total

Jeez how many catches did Sth Africa drop... could've won it pretty easily even with the modest total

It was sooooooooooo many. The crazy thing is, the standard was set early, Van Der Dussen’s catch to remove Marsh was one of the best you’ll ever see. It was just so bad after that.

On a side note, while everyone else struggled against spin, I think Inglis showed he should be the keeper for the India series. He looked so assured, beautiful footwork, like he was playing on a different pitch to the other Aussie batsmen.

It was sooooooooooo many. The crazy thing is, the standard was set early, Van Der Dussen’s catch to remove Marsh was one of the best you’ll ever see. It was just so bad after that.

On a side note, while everyone else struggled against spin, I think Inglis showed he should be the keeper for the India series. He looked so assured, beautiful footwork, like he was playing on a different pitch to the other Aussie batsmen.
Yeah I watched until about 12.30, so I saw at least 3 drops?? there were a lot of half chances in there as well.

Seemed like none of the Aussie batters could find the middle, but kept swinging and every now and then Head or Warner would find the middle and smoke it.

Smudge looked all at sea against the spin, which is odd considering how good a player he normally is.

Sth Africa basically gave us a 60 run start with their opening pacers

Yeah I watched until about 12.30, so I saw at least 3 drops?? there were a lot of half chances in there as well.

Seemed like none of the Aussie batters could find the middle, but kept swinging and every now and then Head or Warner would find the middle and smoke it.

Smudge looked all at see against the spin, which is odd considering how good a player he normally is.

Sth Africa basically gave us a 60 run start with their opening pacers

Yeah good summary. Smith actually then settled down and with Labs looked like they were just going to settle the ship and bat test style. Labs then played a dumb sweep and Smith just lost his head and went for the worst shot I’ve ever seen him play and it was unnecessary, Inglis was looking great at the other end.

Yeah good summary. Smith actually then settled down and with Labs looked like they were just going to settle the ship and bat test style. Labs then played a dumb sweep and Smith just lost his head and went for the worst shot I’ve ever seen him play and it was unnecessary, Inglis was looking great at the other end.
It's like Smudge gets bored at times and decides to go for shots like he's trying to get himself out

Damn I am tired this morning.

Went to bed at 11 with the TV on, woke up at 12 to see we were at about 130/140 and thought I might as well watch to the end as we will knock the runs off pretty quickly.

Absolute drag at the end, but couldn't look away.

I don't give us much hope against India.

It's like Smudge gets bored at times and decides to go for shots like he's trying to get himself out

Yeah probably true but he was so composed until that very moment and it really could have been a turning point in the game because unlike Inglis, Smith's wicket was preventable. He got undone by short pitched bowling again, it really has turned into a weakness for him in the back end of his career.

In amongst all of that, Maxwell also played extremely poorly, he had like five balls and missed / mishit four of them before getting bowled. That said, had his cameo come off, it could have finished it much earlier and tat is his way...which for the most part has worked fairly well this tournament.

Damn I am tired this morning.

Went to bed at 11 with the TV on, woke up at 12 to see we were at about 130/140 and thought I might as well watch to the end as we will knock the runs off pretty quickly.

Absolute drag at the end, but couldn't look away.

I don't give us much hope against India.

India have been levels above everyone else this tournament and it is at home. Australia goes in with not much fear as no one expects them to win and they've done really well just to make it this far, that might free them up somewhat but yeah, the form guide suggests this could be very one-sided...of course India tends to choke in finals and Australia tends to always find another gear.

India have been levels above everyone else this tournament and it is at home. Australia goes in with not much fear as no one expects them to win and they've done really well just to make it this far, that might free them up somewhat but yeah, the form guide suggests this could be very one-sided...of course India tends to choke in finals and Australia tends to always find another gear.
If we put it all together we can beat them for sure. It’s just that we seem so far away from putting it altogether at the moment.

How about now lads?

The criticism is absolutely valid.

We needed about 3 runs an over and he comes out switch hitting and wildly swinging across the line?
How about a straight bat, Glenn?

He has played 2 really good knocks against average teams at best. It's hard to cop this "that's just the way he plays" when he doesn't even need to play that way.

If there's one team India will be worried about, it will be us. It's a good minute now since they flogged us at the beginning of the World Cup.

You could have them 3 down and then you've got someone like KL Rahul striding out to the middle, who is all class. Pandya getting injured has actually worked into their hands as they don't need another batter with that stacked line up they have, they just bring in Shami who is as good a quick as anyone else going around in world cricket.

We pretty much have to bat first and bat them out of the game, I can't see us chasing any sort of total down against their attack in their conditions on a pitch which will most likely be perfectly modified.

Can't really picture anything except for Rohit getting their innings off to a flyer, Kohli controlling the middle overs and Jadeja taking a bag of wickets.

Undefeated, playing at home with 6 batsmen averaging 50+ and 6 bowlers averaging under 25 in front of 100k+ fans...it'd be some upset if it happens!

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.