CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Finally realises the field is up and you can just go over.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Jonassen bats way too low in this team... the batting innings is near over every time she comes

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Why try to lap sweep a leggie... there's no pace to work with

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
**** that was in the slot for Hinkley too

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
A 'stacked' batting line up and they can't chase 125... game was there to win

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The state government need to fund the best sports psychologists in world to work with all our sporting teams. They simply cannot handle pressure.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
In fact, this year so far:

Broncos lost the men's NRL GF
Lions lost the men's AFL GF
Heat lost both the men's and women's BBL GF
Qld side lost the RL state championship
Qld side lost the women's NRL GF

This is a ridiculous record to have this year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Onya Uzzie... finally someone speaking some truth about moving Marnus to open.

I didn't mind him as an opener, he was solid, and I think getting out there helped his nerves and to be honest helped the Bulls room too.

I know that's a long time ago and he now averages 60 in Tests so reluctant to move him but I see him as similar to Langer and Langer made the move.

Averaged 22 opening for Queensland in Shield from five games. Not that those scores are impressive but nothing he did for the Bulls was impressive.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I didn't mind him as an opener, he was solid, and I think getting out there helped his nerves and to be honest helped the Bulls room too.

I know that's a long time ago and he now averages 60 in Tests so reluctant to move him but I see him as similar to Langer and Langer made the move.

Averaged 22 opening for Queensland in Shield from five games. Not that those scores are impressive but nothing he did for the Bulls was impressive.
For me it's more about who fills in for Marnus at 3 if he's moved up to open.... 3 is just as hard, if not harder, to find a suitable player.

They'll say "move Smudge up to 3", but number 4 is traditionally meant to be your best batter... so who then fills in at 4? and is Smudge better suited at 3 than Marnus? He's also getting older so how long would he be filling in at 3 before we're looking for a new one.

It's like they're proposing to impact 2 key positions to address 1 opening position and just to possibly bring Green and Marsh into the top 6.

Suddenly the middle order looks very susceptible with Head, Marsh and Green... and the batting order looks very top heavy with Uzzie, Marnus and Smudge... I'd have doubts about us being able to recover from a 2/20 situation knowing 2 of Uzzie, Marnus and Smudge are already out. Even 2/100 could be precarious when it could be considered a reasonable start to an innings.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • DrGee
  • Brocko
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • Nerd
  • thenry
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncs30
  • Totally Unr3al
  • BroncosMan
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.