CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

He is a very good cricketer and IMO the best candidate to be the next Test Captain we have. He just needs to get in the team. Spewing he left QLD.
Yeah disappointing but it’s the right decision for him to have made. He isn’t where he is now if he didn’t make that leap.

I’m spewing we couldn’t get him back. Yet again though he is skipper at SA which he probably wouldn’t have had the luxury of in QLD.

Yeah disappointing but it’s the right decision for him to have made. He isn’t where he is now if he didn’t make that leap.

I’m spewing we couldn’t get him back. Yet again though he is skipper at SA which he probably wouldn’t have had the luxury of in QLD.
I'd rather him be skipper at the Bulls instead of having Marnus get the job

McSweeney with a 100 (*) in the second innings to start his shield season. Backing up a 56 in the first where he was dismissed by a run out. He is looking good this year, backing up a breakout year last year.

He is by far the best top-middle order batsman in the country for mine at the minute. Sadly for him not to much wiggle room in that department with Labs, Smith, Green and Head taking up those spots. 3-5 a spot opens up I’m playing him over anyone else though and if he can prove to be the best bat in shield I think if 6 was to open up as well you’d have to give it to him.

Clayton is second (top-middle) and I have McSweeney light years ahead at the minute.

Konstas, Whiteman, Harris, Handscomb, Silk, McSweeney, Clayton, Labuschagne, Marsh, Webster, Hope, McDermott, Connolly, Inglis and Carey have all started the season sublimely.

Davies with decent and aggressive starts in both innings to kick his season off in promising fashion without putting his name up in lights.

25 and under
1. Teague Wyllie
2. Sam Konstas
3. Nathan McSweeney
4. Jack Clayton
5. Aaron Hardie
6. Oliver Davies
7. Jake Fraser-McGurk (WK)
8. Cooper Connolly
9. Mitch Perry
10. Jordan Buckingham
11. Tanveer Sangha

Obviously few bowlers but I thought the batters are the flavour of the week today so may as well give it to them while you can.

Fraser-McGurk at keeper? I know it is a spot Australia doesn't have an out and out gun young keeper in FC at the moment, though there are two highly rated in the Vic academy. Ryan Hicks looked promising in the under 19 win. Inglis though is still young enough to get 5 years out of.

So given that, I would be a bit speculative and go with something like this:

1. Konstas
2. Dixon
3. McSweeney
4. Davies
5. Hardie
6. Connolly
7. Hicks
8. O'Neill
9. Murphy
10. Vidler
11. Sangha

And there are some decent ones outside of this: Sutherland, Buckingham, J.Edwards, Kellaway (who I really rate even though his record is underwhelming), Wylie (the same as Kellaway), Weibgen, Beardman, Straker, Peake and Nisbet and Salzmann

Carey is in some good form with the bat:

South Aust vs NSW 90 & 111
Australia vs England 13
Australia vs England 77*
Australia vs England 74
Australia vs New Zealand 14 & 98*

Fraser-McGurk at keeper? I know it is a spot Australia doesn't have an out and out gun young keeper in FC at the moment, though there are two highly rated in the Vic academy. Ryan Hicks looked promising in the under 19 win. Inglis though is still young enough to get 5 years out of.

So given that, I would be a bit speculative and go with something like this:

1. Konstas
2. Dixon
3. McSweeney
4. Davies
5. Hardie
6. Connolly
7. Hicks
8. O'Neill
9. Murphy
10. Vidler
11. Sangha

And there are some decent ones outside of this: Sutherland, Buckingham, J.Edwards, Kellaway (who I really rate even though his record is underwhelming), Wylie (the same as Kellaway), Weibgen, Beardman, Straker, Peake and Nisbet and Salzmann
McGurk has the skillset enough to not have a keeper who has never played professional cricket in his life be on the list. 2 people to never play professional cricket let alone shield plus another with one game is just not gonna cut it to dish out criticism of my team. My only mistake is Todd Murphy I did forget about him and I did mean to write O’Neills name albeit I was thinking of Perry’s batting ability at the time and wrote the wrong name in the process (someone I’d have a bit down the list after Sutherland, Edwards and Bartlett). I didn’t like putting Connolly at 8 but I did it cause I think he deserved it and with Webster himself and Hardie you could argue running 3 genuine bowlers.

McGurk has the skillset enough to not have a keeper who has never played professional cricket in his life be on the list. 2 people to never play professional cricket let alone shield plus another with one game is just not gonna cut it to dish out criticism of my team. My only mistake is Todd Murphy I did forget about him and I did mean to write O’Neills name albeit I was thinking of Perry’s batting ability at the time and wrote the wrong name in the process (someone I’d have a bit down the list after Sutherland, Edwards and Bartlett). I didn’t like putting Connolly at 8 but I did it cause I think he deserved it and with Webster himself and Hardie you could argue running 3 genuine bowlers.

I'm not having a go at you, I'm adding to the discussion. O'Neill can also bat, he's the perfect number 8. I love the wobble he gets on the ball.

Green officially ruled out all summer. I guess either Konstas or Hardie will debut, maybe Webster or if they want to go a bit more left field - Inglis..

Green officially ruled out all summer. I guess either Konstas or Hardie will debut, maybe Webster or if they want to go a bit more left field - Inglis..
Konstas is Pucovski v2.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • jarro65
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • phoenix
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.