CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

[automerge]1569446376[/automerge]

Last edited:
Another 100 for Pucovski.

If he can string some good scores together, he has to be in consideration for the Summer tests.

I tell you what, Maddison has not been bad late last season and obviously this game, he might just be getting it together.

Tim Paine just brought up his first First Class 100 in 13 years, the last time he scored one, John Howard was Prime Minister, the iPhone hadn't been invented and Justin Langer was opening for W.A.

Looks like a nice bit of batting practice down in St Kilda, 1,278 runs scored and South Australia still haven't finished their first innings. Tom Cooper 268*

Mitch Marsh out for 4-6 weeks with a broken hand after punching a wall when he got out last week. Probably unavailable for the opening Test of the Summer.

There is a God!!

Mitch Marsh out for 4-6 weeks with a broken hand after punching a wall when he got out last week. Probably unavailable for the opening Test of the Summer.

There is a God!!
Typical isn't it. The one time he could have done with a swing and a miss.

Looks like a nice bit of batting practice down in St Kilda, 1,278 runs scored and South Australia still haven't finished their first innings. Tom Cooper 268*

pathetic strip prepared.

where do you stand on the ‘set a target/result’ debate?

pathetic strip prepared.

where do you stand on the ‘set a target/result’ debate?

I'm with South Australia in that debate, there's no way you can bat for 2 days, score 600 plus and then expect the other team to give a "sporting declaration" at a deficit to make a game of it.

Good on them I say, Victoria made it so that there was no scenario that SA could win the match, so SA made them sweat it out in the field for 2 days, tough cookies.

I mean, it's really a non-issue, the main issue is that they played on a trash pitch that should be removed from the domestic cricket rotation until it's got some more juice in it.

Shaun Marsh first class double century, you all know what that means for the first test of the Summer...

I'm watching the RC game between Vic and Tas right now, since when did George Bailey start facing the bowler behind his own backside? I mean, he is literally standing with his back to the bowler. What the?

I'm watching the RC game between Vic and Tas right now, since when did George Bailey start facing the bowler behind his own backside? I mean, he is literally standing with his back to the bowler. What the?
He started it a few summers ago, there is a video on YouTube about it

Last edited:
Interestingly, these commentators are boring BUT they are talking about the 26 players who have made 8000 Sheffield Shield runs and the first to do it...Don Bradman...averaged 110! in Shield cricket. Far out!

He slightly changes it for OD games, he isn't so far around. Still perfectly in position when he hits the ball.
[automerge]1572556054[/automerge]
Interestingly, these commentators are boring BUT they are talking about the 26 players who have made 8000 Sheffield Shield runs and the first to do it...Don Bradman...averaged 110! in Shield cricket. Far out!

Bailey needs 10 more to go past Boon.

Bailey 8019
Boon 8029

If he really got amongst the runs this year he could get to Bradman on 8926. Bradman did that in 96 innings- Bailey just completed his 226.

Last edited:
Solway 129 on debut for Blues, batted whole day bar 17 balls in a day where Sayers was rocking a swing bowling school- 6-55 from 23 overs

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.