Cricket General Cricket Discussion

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
Wtf Smith. How are batsmen still getting bounced out by Wagner, he doesn't even have a good short ball he just bowls a lot of them.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I was just looking up stats on fastest players to 100 test tuns - check out George Headley's record from early WI, phenomenal!

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Wtf Smith. How are batsmen still getting bounced out by Wagner, he doesn't even have a good short ball he just bowls a lot of them.
Wagner is Cummins on drugs, 5 out of every 6 balls a generally bouncers. He is a highly underrated bowler.

kooly87

NRL Player
Wagner is Cummins on drugs, 5 out of every 6 balls a generally bouncers. He is a highly underrated bowler.
This New Zealand side really are great to watch. Top to bottom they have a really good balance and I hope they can keep it up all Summer and make a go of it.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
This New Zealand side really are great to watch. Top to bottom they have a really good balance and I hope they can keep it up all Summer and make a go of it.
There is a reason why they are the clear world number 2.

Excellent opener in Latham
One of the world's best at 3 in Williamson
An experienced and quality 4 in Taylor
An up and coming and impressive 5 in Nicholls
A big moment all-rounder in de Grandholme
The best keeper-bat in the world by FAR in Watling
Three world class quicks to choose from in Southee, Boult (when fit) and Wagner

Their only real weaknesses are the second opener and the spinner but Santner is a decent though limited good enough option.

kooly87

NRL Player
There is a reason why they are the clear world number 2.

Excellent opener in Latham
One of the world's best at 3 in Williamson
An experienced and quality 4 in Taylor
An up and coming and impressive 5 in Nicholls
A big moment all-rounder in de Grandholme
The best keeper-bat in the world by FAR in Watling
Three world class quicks to choose from in Southee, Boult (when fit) and Wagner

Their only real weaknesses are the second opener and the spinner but Santner is a decent though limited good enough option.
It's rare for a side to get that far up the rankings without a pretty high quality spinner. South Africa from around decade ago are really the last I can recall.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
It's rare for a side to get that far up the rankings without a pretty high quality spinner. South Africa from around decade ago are really the last I can recall.
I think it is a different era really. How many sides have great bats now and particularly the whole top 6/7? It is really only India.

How many sides have good spinners overall? India have about 4. SA has one in Maharaj but he is also limited. Leach is ok. There is really only the Indian spinners and Lyon that you would consider absolutely world class (Al Hasan is suspended after all).

kooly87

NRL Player
I think it is a different era really. How many sides have great bats now and particularly the whole top 6/7? It is really only India.

How many sides have good spinners overall? India have about 4. SA has one in Maharaj but he is also limited. Leach is ok. There is really only the Indian spinners and Lyon that you would consider absolutely world class (Al Hasan is suspended after all).
Yep, probably the worst depth in world class spinners in all my living memory.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Just saw an article saying that Moises Henriques is being considered for the Test squad as an all-rounder for the tour of Bangladesh.

I must admit, he's grown on me in the last few years. I used to hate him, but I think his batting has improved a lot in the last few years, and he seems like a good bloke. If he can get back to bowling decently in the 2nd half of the Shield season I wouldn't have an issue with him being selected ahead of guys like Mitch Marsh, Marcus Stoinis & Michael Neser for the all-rounder role, he's comfortably the best batsman of that group, imo.

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
The under 19's made the World Cup finals after beating England in what was essentially a group match knockout.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Connor Sully is also a total gun.
- Merged

Sully
Sangha
Fraser-McGurk

These guys will play a lot for Australia in coming years.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

Common sense prevails, Maxwell back in to the T20 & ODI squad for the South Africa tour later this month.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (vc), Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Best T20 team from that squad -

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Wade / Marsh
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Carey
7. Abbott / Agar
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. J.Richardson
11. Zampa

Best ODI team from that squad -

1. Finch (c)
2. Warner
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Marsh
7. Carey
8. Cummins
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood / K.Richardson
11. Zampa

kooly87

NRL Player

Common sense prevails, Maxwell back in to the T20 & ODI squad for the South Africa tour later this month.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (vc), Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
100% agree. We're a far, far more dangerous outfit when Maxwell is in the lineup. Great to see him back and hopefully he kills it.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Best side I reckon would be:

T20
1. Warner
2. Finch (c)
3. Smith
4. Marsh
5. Maxwell
6. Wade
7. Carey (wk)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. J.Richardson/Abbott
11. Zampa/Agar

ODI
1. Warner
2. Finch (c)
3. Wade
4. Smith
5. Maxwell
6. Marsh
7. Carey (wk)
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. J.Richardson
11. Agar/Zampa

Allo

NRL Captain
Banton re-signs with the Heat for two more seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve and can play entire seasons going forward.

(No thread for general Heat/BBL stuff, only the yearly season ones)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.