Cricket General Cricket Discussion

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Banton re-signs with the Heat for two more seasons. Hopefully he continues to improve and can play entire seasons going forward.

(No thread for general Heat/BBL stuff, only the yearly season ones)
Yay.

It's confirmed he'll be playing the whole BBL season for the next 2 years (as I've been begging for), probably means we won't be seeing AB again, but meh, I'd rather a fulltime international bowler to pair with our fulltime international batsman anyway... Not sure Mujeeb or Zahir are the answers though..

Allo

NRL Captain
Yay.

It's confirmed he'll be playing the whole BBL season for the next 2 years (as I've been begging for), probably means we won't be seeing AB again, but meh, I'd rather a fulltime international bowler to pair with our fulltime international batsman anyway... Not sure Mujeeb or Zahir are the answers though..
None of our internationals played the full season, which was just one of the issues this year (even though Zahir I think was still available after Mujeeb came down). I’m more sold on Zahir than Mujeeb, but that’s from only a handful of games for each.

no chance to properly balance out the bad games hurt them all

I think they need to up it to up to 3 internationals per XI going forward.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I think they need to up it to up to 3 internationals per XI going forward.
Yeah, agree. The BBL has grown enough now that we can do 3x Internationals per team. It's not like we have an overwhelming amount of talent that would be missing out.. Have a look at some of the plodders playing in the penultimate game tomorrow night.. Jay Lenton, Brendan Doggett, Nathan McAndrew, Nick Larkin, Clint Hinchliffe, Seb Gotch..

There's probably an argument for 4 internationals per side like the IPL.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I reckon Lara could still be playing test matches, what a weapon.

Keen to see how old boy Akram is gonna bowl

kooly87

NRL Player
I reckon Lara could still be playing test matches, what a weapon.

Keen to see how old boy Akram is gonna bowl
No doubt about it after seeing that. He'd still be easily one of the best Batsmen eligible for the West Indies.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

Common sense prevails, Maxwell back in to the T20 & ODI squad for the South Africa tour later this month.

Australia T20 squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

Australia ODI squad: Aaron Finch (c), Ashton Agar, Alex Carey (vc), Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Mitch Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Darcy Short? The guy who has barely hit anything for about 12 months? I don't like Stoinis (he's too beautiful) but come on, either him or Wells should be in for sure.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Will Parker - young leggie bowling for Vic now, he gives it a rip. Spraying them a bit but some nice potential there if he can learn to control it.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
95 & 105* for Maddinson, 60 & 49 for Weatherald. decent opening options if Burns keeps failing at test level.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Maddinson has been churning the runs out the last two seasons but for him, it is all mental. The ability is and has always been there.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I tell you what, there is a pretty decent group of under 25s coming through at the moment in shield cricket and given all of Cummins, Labushagne and Head are all young enough to go on for another 10-ish years as well, the future doesn't look too bad. The only real concern is a second opener but one or two guys in the under 19s look alright.

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
10. Parker (seriously, he is only 17 and rips it, very promising) / Sangha / Pope
11. W.Agar

Allo

NRL Captain
I tell you what, there is a pretty decent group of under 25s coming through at the moment in shield cricket and given all of Cummins, Labushagne and Head are all young enough to go on for another 10-ish years as well, the future doesn't look too bad. The only real concern is a second opener but one or two guys in the under 19s look alright.

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
10. Parker (seriously, he is only 17 and rips it, very promising) / Sangha / Pope
11. W.Agar
If Renshaw can get back into red-ball form and achieve his potential, that’s your other opener. He’s still only 24 this year

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Australia A play a 4 day match against the England Lions next week, here's the squad, should be a good indicator of what the pecking order is..

Australia A squad: Moises Henriques (c), Jackson Bird, Marcus Harris, Josh Inglis (wk), Usman Khawaja (vc), Nic Maddinson, Michael Neser, Kurtis Patterson, James Pattinson, Mark Steketee, Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Swepson

Hoof Hearted

NYC Player

1. Street
2. Fraser-McGurk
3. Labushagne
4. Solway
5. Head
6. Green
7. Phillippe / Inglis
8. Sutherland
9. J.Richardson
11. W.Agar
Looks good. How’s Austin Waugh going?

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
We belted South Africa in the 1st T20i by 107 runs. Agar got a hat-trick and 5 wickets. The side looks really good, hope they play Jhye instead of Kane next game though.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
When can Cameron Green start bowling again? I mean, right now, he is arguably already in the top 6-8 best bats in Aus. This kid is a phenomenal talent, he is likely the most exciting all rounder prospect since Keith Miller (and certainly since Shane Watson)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.