CRICKET General Cricket Discussion - 2023/24

I saw the video on croci do if Siddle to Marsh...looked like a great balm to be honest.

I saw the video on croci do if Siddle to Marsh...looked like a great balm to be honest.

Did you have a stroke?

lol

the others bad ones were rearing up way above a normal ball off a good length. Inconsistent bounce to that degree is just too dangerous

What a weird over in the WBBL. 4 sixes then an easy c&b. It was as though she hit the catch on purpose.

I really like watching Marnus bat. He’s quickly become close to my favourite player. Tough, smart and hits it hard.

Labooboo 12th or 13th fastest of ALL TIME to 1000 runs. What a gun he has turned out to be. I was highly critical of his original selection and extremely happy to have a lot of eggs on my face.

Wtf Smith. How are batsmen still getting bounced out by Wagner, he doesn't even have a good short ball he just bowls a lot of them.

I was just looking up stats on fastest players to 100 test tuns - check out George Headley's record from early WI, phenomenal!

Smith in England was just Marnus all along it seems

Wtf Smith. How are batsmen still getting bounced out by Wagner, he doesn't even have a good short ball he just bowls a lot of them.

Wagner is Cummins on drugs, 5 out of every 6 balls a generally bouncers. He is a highly underrated bowler.

Wagner is Cummins on drugs, 5 out of every 6 balls a generally bouncers. He is a highly underrated bowler.
This New Zealand side really are great to watch. Top to bottom they have a really good balance and I hope they can keep it up all Summer and make a go of it.

This New Zealand side really are great to watch. Top to bottom they have a really good balance and I hope they can keep it up all Summer and make a go of it.

There is a reason why they are the clear world number 2.

Excellent opener in Latham
One of the world's best at 3 in Williamson
An experienced and quality 4 in Taylor
An up and coming and impressive 5 in Nicholls
A big moment all-rounder in de Grandholme
The best keeper-bat in the world by FAR in Watling
Three world class quicks to choose from in Southee, Boult (when fit) and Wagner

Their only real weaknesses are the second opener and the spinner but Santner is a decent though limited good enough option.

There is a reason why they are the clear world number 2.

Excellent opener in Latham
One of the world's best at 3 in Williamson
An experienced and quality 4 in Taylor
An up and coming and impressive 5 in Nicholls
A big moment all-rounder in de Grandholme
The best keeper-bat in the world by FAR in Watling
Three world class quicks to choose from in Southee, Boult (when fit) and Wagner

Their only real weaknesses are the second opener and the spinner but Santner is a decent though limited good enough option.
It's rare for a side to get that far up the rankings without a pretty high quality spinner. South Africa from around decade ago are really the last I can recall.

It's rare for a side to get that far up the rankings without a pretty high quality spinner. South Africa from around decade ago are really the last I can recall.

I think it is a different era really. How many sides have great bats now and particularly the whole top 6/7? It is really only India.

How many sides have good spinners overall? India have about 4. SA has one in Maharaj but he is also limited. Leach is ok. There is really only the Indian spinners and Lyon that you would consider absolutely world class (Al Hasan is suspended after all).

I think it is a different era really. How many sides have great bats now and particularly the whole top 6/7? It is really only India.

How many sides have good spinners overall? India have about 4. SA has one in Maharaj but he is also limited. Leach is ok. There is really only the Indian spinners and Lyon that you would consider absolutely world class (Al Hasan is suspended after all).
Yep, probably the worst depth in world class spinners in all my living memory.

Just saw an article saying that Moises Henriques is being considered for the Test squad as an all-rounder for the tour of Bangladesh.

I must admit, he's grown on me in the last few years. I used to hate him, but I think his batting has improved a lot in the last few years, and he seems like a good bloke. If he can get back to bowling decently in the 2nd half of the Shield season I wouldn't have an issue with him being selected ahead of guys like Mitch Marsh, Marcus Stoinis & Michael Neser for the all-rounder role, he's comfortably the best batsman of that group, imo.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Strop
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.