General State of Origin Discussion

Damn that sucks about Collins, poor bugger. Big loss for us he’s been on fire going back to Origin last year.

I’d go Fotuakia at this stage, but I’d love to see Carrigan or Horsburgh (if he keeps getting game time) push for Collins’ spot.

I think Wallace has to be banned from Origin, he's been abysmal.
Not that he should be in the frame but he actually started the year well and he earned his spot as a starter. He had a shocker the other week but otherwise he's been pretty solid overall.

Not that he should be in the frame but he actually started the year well and he earned his spot as a starter. He had a shocker the other week but otherwise he's been pretty solid overall.
I meant he's been abysmal for QLD. Like I don't think he's had even a single acceptable game.

He's a step backwards......

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Mann/Kris
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Welch
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12. Fifita
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Su'a/Capewell
17. Fotuakia/Horsburgh

Oates is the obvious change to a lot of people, but the 3 games he has had so far this year have been better than anything Coates has done, I think QLD will need the help out of their own end.

Mann has been good enough on the right edge for Knights, and he would do a better job than Capewell. Kris has also been impressive in his games for Canberra. This just shows how little QLD have to choose from.

No way Mahoney doesn't make the team, I think a rotation with grant will absolutely eclipse NSW at dummy half.

Brimson is too good to not be put somewhere and I think Capewell will displace Kaufusi on the starting team.

Qld is weak on ball playing forwards though so I suspect they will just put Tino in lock.

1. Ponga
2. Coates
3. Brimson
4. Gagai
5 Homes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Welsh
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Fifita
13. Tino

14. Mahoney
15. Su'a
16. Kaufusi
17. Arrow

No way Mahoney doesn't make the team, I think a rotation with grant will absolutely eclipse NSW at dummy half.

Brimson is too good to not be put somewhere and I think Capewell will displace Kaufusi on the starting team.

Qld is weak on ball playing forwards though so I suspect they will just put Tino in lock.

1. Ponga
2. Coates
3. Brimson
4. Gagai
5 Homes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Welsh
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Fifita
13. Tino

14. Mahoney
15. Su'a
16. Kaufusi
17. Arrow
I'm all for dropping Kaufusi, but it just won't happen.

You have 1 middle on the bench. That team would be absolutely destroyed up the middle, IMO. Are you expexting Su'a and Kaufusi to play prop?

I'm all for dropping Kaufusi, but it just won't happen.

You have 1 middle on the bench. That team would be absolutely destroyed up the middle, IMO. Are you expexting Su'a and Kaufusi to play prop?
Yeah I know there is an issue but I can't for the life of me pick that middle atm, Collins is injured and now even Carrigan not really sure what options we have atm.

Might have to go Mcguire/Napa etc.

Fotuaika is a bit down on form since last year, but I'd still be persisting with him over giving someone like Wallace another chance to suck it up. He's still only 21, he's Flegler's age so there is going to be inconsistency.

1. Ponga
2. Coates
3. Brimson
4. Gagai
5 Homes
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Welsh
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Capewell
12. Fifita
13. Tino

14. Mahoney
15. Su'a
16. Kaufusi
17. Arrow
If you're going to have both Mahoney & Grant in the same team I think Grant adds more value off the bench than Mahoney. Mahoney is exceptional defensively so could handle the early stuff, and that leaves Grant nice and fresh when he comes on.

Yeah I know there is an issue but I can't for the life of me pick that middle atm, Collins is injured and now even Carrigan not really sure what options we have atm.

Might have to go Mcguire/Napa etc.
Fotuaika
Horsburgh
Molo
McGuire
Ofahengue
Flegler
Bullemor

I'd consider all of them before going in with only Arrow on the bench and 2 edge forwards.
If you're going to have both Mahoney & Grant in the same team I think Grant adds more value off the bench than Mahoney. Mahoney is exceptional defensively so could handle the early stuff, and that leaves Grant nice and fresh when he comes on.
Hunt offers much more than Mahoney. At least Hunt covers the halves and Munster covers the outside backs/fullback. Mahoney should be in the squad, but not in the 17.

Fotuaika
Horsburgh
Molo
McGuire
Ofahengue
Flegler
Bullemor

I'd consider all of them before going in with only Arrow on the bench and 2 edge forwards.

Hunt offers much more than Mahoney. At least Hunt covers the halves and Munster covers the outside backs/fullback. Mahoney should be in the squad, but not in the 17.
That's why you have to put Brimson in the side because he can cover the halves, and move Capewell to centre.

That's why you have to put Brimson in the side because he can cover the halves, and move Capewell to centre.
Where does Brimson play without injuries? Without injuries Hunt comes into play 9 for 20mins, or even at lock. Picking a fullback on the bench is pointless when you can pick someone who can actually be beneficial without injuries.

Where does Brimson play without injuries? Without injuries Hunt comes into play 9 for 20mins, or even at lock. Picking a fullback on the bench is pointless when you can pick someone who can actually be beneficial without injuries.
I would pick Brimson at centre, not bench(he can move to the halves if one of them goes down and put Capewell in his place at centre)
Mahoney being in the side is more important then having Hunt cover for worst case in my view, could even move Grant to 13 and have Reed play 9 at worst case.

we all know what happened when hunt came in to cover the halves in game 2 last year...

**** me it's gonna suck on many levels when TPJ and Haas are both playing for the Cockroaches. We're gonna suffer in NRL and in Origin.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • jarro65
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.