General State of Origin Discussion

So yeah, we will have no Qld reps this year.

I would pick Brimson at centre, not bench(he can move to the halves if one of them goes down and put Capewell in his place at centre)
Mahoney being in the side is more important then having Hunt cover for worst case in my view, could even move Grant to 13 and have Reed play 9 at worst case.
Has Brimson ever played centre?

I believe Hunt will offer more impact than Mahoney will, as Hunt has shown successfully at origin in the past. I can understand where you're coming from with Mahoney, he has been going well. But unless he is starting 9, I don't think he is suited to the bench.

Has Brimson ever played centre?

I believe Hunt will offer more impact than Mahoney will, as Hunt has shown successfully at origin in the past. I can understand where you're coming from with Mahoney, he has been going well. But unless he is starting 9, I don't think he is suited to the bench.
I doubt Brimson has played centre but given how he is playing I doubt it would be a problem, you definitely want him in the side and he is quite nuggety.

I do think Mahoney is more suited to starter but I think bench for a game 1 debut would probably be best just as a starter, Mahoney is a 80 min player but he does alot of dummy runs so it's not like being on the bench hurts that, having both of those hookers in the team would be absolutely savage on the NSW markers.

Also by having Brimson you give yourself the option of moving him to fullback and Ponga to half which also would work.

I doubt Brimson has played centre but given how he is playing I doubt it would be a problem, you definitely want him in the side and he is quite nuggety.

I do think Mahoney is more suited to starter but I think bench for a game 1 debut would probably be best just as a starter, Mahoney is a 80 min player but he does alot of dummy runs so it's not like being on the bench hurts that, having both of those hookers in the team would be absolutely savage on the NSW markers.

Also by having Brimson you give yourself the option of moving him to fullback and Ponga to half which also would work.
I don't think it's smart picking a bloke at centre who has never played there, especially when he has to mark either Trbo or Mitchell. If we have to pick a makeshift centre, it needs to be a big body like Capewell.

I don't think it's smart picking a bloke at centre who has never played there, especially when he has to mark either Trbo or Mitchell. If we have to pick a makeshift centre, it needs to be a big body like Capewell.

So a guy who has never played there would struggle against two guys who these days also never play there? So instead pick Capewell who...wait for it...also doesn't play there?

So a guy who has never played there would struggle against two guys who these days also never play there? So instead pick Capewell who...wait for it...also doesn't play there?
Mitchell has played most of his career, and all his rep footy. Trbo has successfully played there in origin, also both big bodies.
Capewell has played centre before, he has also done it at origin level, also a big body, and is used to defending on an edge, he just needs to move 1 wider. And also notice I said "if we have to", but we don't have to, so I wouldn't do it.

Not your best comparison, chief.

Mitchell has played most of his career, and all his rep footy. Trbo has successfully played there in origin, also both big bodies.
Capewell has played centre before, he has also done it at origin level, also a big body, and is used to defending on an edge, he just needs to move 1 wider. And also notice I said "if we have to", but we don't have to, so I wouldn't do it.

Not your best comparison, chief.

And so when TTurbo started there, he hadn't really ever played there either. Before last year, I'm not sure Capewell had played there either. I'm also in the camp of playing Capewell there but not because Brimson has never played there, simply because I prefer Capewell. But hey, you do you.

Rather pick good players then average ones that play there, we have seen countless times players step up in origin and who better then players that we know are good.

Brimson is a damaging ball runner just what you want next to Munster.

I'd back Capewell to go better against Mitchell than Turbo, but he'd be up against Turbo on that left side. Capewell's lateral movement seems a bit ordinary from what I've seen of him.

And so when TTurbo started there, he hadn't really ever played there either. Before last year, I'm not sure Capewell had played there either. I'm also in the camp of playing Capewell there but not because Brimson has never played there, simply because I prefer Capewell. But hey, you do you.
If you look at the team I picked, I actually didn't pick either of them.

But if AJ starts doing the stuff Trbo does, I'm all for picking him.

That a what NSW did last year and it hurt them

They will pick Mitchell and Trbo in the centres this year. And those 2 will most likely be the Australian centres.
Mitchell like Inglis played enough centre to be picked there. Turbo played well there in the past I guess but Gutho and Wighton was a fail.

Mitchell like Inglis played enough centre to be picked there. Turbo played well there in the past I guess but Gutho and Wighton was a fail.
Turbo, Tedesco and Pappy are all good enough to be the number 1 fullback but only 1 spot

NSW definitely have us covered in outside backs, but I think we should be going for attacking types rather then pick the bitch move of getting players purely on how they can defend a dangerous player on the NSW side.

The new rules favour Fitness and Attack best to meet them on that front atleast.

I seriously can't believe all the mock NSW teams don't have TPJ in them. I mean, I'm glad, but damn, he's been one of the form 2nd rowers this year.

I seriously can't believe all the mock NSW teams don't have TPJ in them. I mean, I'm glad, but damn, he's been one of the form 2nd rowers this year.
Shhh

We have to play during origin 1 and the way things are going dragons will probably be missing no one... we don't need to be losing more on top of Haas and Coates.

**** that origin list is depressing

NSW backline will be one of thes best ever, on paper anyway.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • john1420
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.