Geoff Carr should build a bridge..

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And here's 20 (now 21) reasons why Carr is a douche. We're talking more about the ARL telling Folau he can't run the water for Tonga because he's going to AFL, than if the AFL said "Our new recruit is going to be running the water for Tonga this weekend"...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty pathetic IMO, it makes no difference to anyone if Izzy is the waterboy for Tonga. Just shows how pathetic the ARL and NRL are really.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Carr is just being petty.

Let Folau be the ticket collector & dispute Geoff Carr's ticket.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The Rock said:
Because he's a fagboy AFL player now.

Actually he is still an NRL contracted player until 31 October. And his AFL contract doesn't start until 1 December.

If Carr had not raised this as an issue, the AFL would not be associated with this match at all. I am started to wonder if Geoff Carr is actually a secret agent for the AFL considering he is the one that keeps mentioning them in relation to RL matches.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Yep Geoff Carr is the one promoting AFL here not Folau, I think it is good he wants to help out one of the smaller players in the international game and stopping him doing that makes no sense.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Yup Carr is an idiot. If he kept his mouth shut I don't think many people would have even known!!!

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
For once I'm on the bandwagon too. Carr is promoting the AFL. The AFL probably would never have noticed.

The general consensus at my work is that Carr was acting like a child. Hurts NRL more than he protects it.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
His not the only one that does, some of the idiotic comments I have seen made all over particularly on the leagueunlimited website and forum towards Folau over this really points to them acting like a spoilt brat who has had a toy taken away from them after missbehaving. I even saw one comment in an article on the website suggesting Folau and Hunt should both been banned from being able to continue to play for the Broncos after their announcements, yeah lets hurt the NRL clubs that pays them to play thats just great thinking right there, that will really help the game by hurting the clubs chances of success that season and pissing off the fans of that club. Funny though isn't it how much ranting about Folau and Hunt has been made, but all is forgiven once you return to the game like Sailor, Rogers, Tuqiri.

Whenever Geoff Carr opens his mouth to issues like this concerning other codes, it ends up doing more damage then good and giving the rival code what they want, they should have just let Folau do it, instead now you got media reports that really wouldn't have existed and given AFL free publicity in the process.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
Or what about my Physio, he works on that Aussie Gymnast Thomas Pichler but also is the Physio for the Aussie softball team...

Man, I'd work on Thomas Pichler any day. [icon_ee

As for the whole waterboy dilemma, let Folau do it. It's not like he'll score the tries for Tonga or anything.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Playing for, or working with your state or country is a privilege, not a right. The NRL are well within their rights to exclude somebody whose behaviour has been to the detriment of the code. Even players who go to Super League aren't considered for rep games. Why should it be any different for Folau? He's already been given an exemption from that rule to play in Origin. And yes, he isn't going to be playing for Tonga, but he obviously felt very strongly about running water for them. Why reward him for leading the charge AGAINST rugby league?
I can't help but wonder if everybody here would be singing the same tune if it was Jarryd Hayne who'd signed for the AFL and was copping all this treatment.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He's running water out for Tonga...I hardly think it's a privilege for him...in fact it's probably a bonus for that nation.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
The ARL are completely outside their rights to dictate to another country who they can and can't have as part of their support staff.

This is a vendetta pure and simple. Folau is NOT "leading the charge against Rugby League". Many other players have changed codes before him. And instead of being so petty and sooky about it, maybe Carr and his cronies should be addresssing the real issues as to why players are leaving our game.

Why is Carr not jumping up and down about Tuqiri's selection to the Kangaroos for the 4 Nations? Today I have heard RU mentioned more often in relation to this than I have heard AFL mentioned in relation to Folau. And if Carr hadn't raised it no-one would have even put the AFL and the Tongan match in the same thought. Geoff Carr is a blight on the game.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
But he IS leading the charge against RL, in Western Sydney and the Polynesian community. He's the ONLY marketing tool that GWS have. The AFL paraded him around in front of the cameras in the middle of Origin time in order to get the maximum amount of publicity they could at the NRL's expense. And, more importantly, Folau let them do it. If he really did give a shit about rugby league - without which he would never have this opportunity in the first place - he would've waited until after the season, or at least after Origin, to go out and start spruiking his new code. But he allowed himself to be used against rugby league whilst still under contract. I can't imagine that I'd want to reward one of my employees in a similar position.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
dukey said:
I can't help but wonder if everybody here would be singing the same tune if it was Jarryd Hayne who'd signed for the AFL and was copping all this treatment.

I hate Hayne with a passion and I wish he was the one signed to AFL but if he wanted to run the water for Fiji and Carr was acting like a knobhead then I would take hayne's side.

Carr is out of order, carrying on like a spoilt child.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
dukey said:
But he IS leading the charge against RL, in Western Sydney and the Polynesian community. He's the ONLY marketing tool that GWS have. The AFL paraded him around in front of the cameras in the middle of Origin time in order to get the maximum amount of publicity they could at the NRL's expense. And, more importantly, Folau let them do it. If he really did give a shit about rugby league - without which he would never have this opportunity in the first place - he would've waited until after the season, or at least after Origin, to go out and start spruiking his new code. But he allowed himself to be used against rugby league whilst still under contract. I can't imagine that I'd want to reward one of my employees in a similar position.

it is just a game FFS. It really makes no difference to League or AFL if Izzy helps out Tonga. Izzy is just following the $ signs .

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
dukey said:
I can't imagine that I'd want to reward one of my employees in a similar position.

Explain to me how letting him run the water for a match that very few people will be watching (in fact most people I have spoken to didn't even know the game was happening until Carr opened up his big fat mouth to talk about AFL - again) is a reward? [icon_shru

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Flutterby said:
dukey said:
I can't imagine that I'd want to reward one of my employees in a similar position.

Explain to me how letting him run the water for a match that very few people will be watching (in fact most people I have spoken to didn't even know the game was happening until Carr opened up his big fat mouth to talk about AFL - again) is a reward? [icon_shru

The fact that his fans are so upset about his exclusion, and that he himself is reportedly "disappointed and frustrated", seems to indicate that it indeed is a reward.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
dukey said:
Flutterby said:
dukey said:

The fact that his fans are so upset about his exclusion, and that he himself is reportedly "disappointed and frustrated", seems to indicate that it indeed is a reward.

Lol.

Carr's an idiot. First he tried to stop Folau from playing Origin which generated a heap of publicity for the AFL, and now this. He's quite the simpleton.

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • maddo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.