OFFICIAL Glenn Retains Captaincy for 2021

Alex Glenn was the official captain.

When Langer, Tallis, Lockyer etc were injured they never lost the captaincy. there was just a fill in until they returned.

in this case a new coach has come in and decided to retain the official 2020 captain.
He was also our only successful coach post Covid.

I hope with whoever the club targets for 22, they bring in some experienced heads with leadership / training ethic. I don't even care if they are depth players, just need guys to fill the leadership void and help all these kids find direction.

I hope with whoever the club targets for 22, they bring in some experienced heads with leadership / training ethic. I don't even care if they are depth players, just need guys to fill the leadership void and help all these kids find direction.
Hopefully Cam will play on another year.

He's not even first grade standard anymore, let alone captain material. FMD we are up shit creek on so many levels.

I didnt watch all of the game but people are blaming Glenn for the landslide/momentum swing when he wasn't even on the field.
I don't think he's a great player and he's certainly not the player he was last year but his captaincy and form was being brought up post games he didn't even play last year lol...

I didnt watch all of the game but people are blaming Glenn for the landslide/momentum swing when he wasn't even on the field.
I don't think he's a great player and he's certainly not the player he was last year but his captaincy and form was being brought up post games he didn't even play last year lol...
Well there's the thing when you make your captain a guy who can only play in short bursts.

Well there's the thing when you make your captain a guy who can only play in short bursts.
Who do we make captain? Seriously?

Milf? Turpin? Asiata?

Last edited:

Milf? Turpin? Asiata?
Question is moot unless Glenn gets injured/retires/dropped (unlikely). But not Carrigan again. After last night's performance, it would have to be Turpin or Dearden. Probably Dearden given he's more likely to play 80 minutes. Jake was the bomb last night, but also a ticking time bomb for an injury.

Question is moot unless Glenn gets injured/retires/dropped (unlikely). But not Carrigan again. After last night's performance, it would have to be Turpin or Dearden. Probably Dearden given he's more likely to play 80 minutes. Jake was the bomb last night, but also a ticking time bomb for an injury.

Plus Turps has shown he can have games like this before and then backs it up with three weeks of average and then gets injured.

Milf? Turpin? Asiata?

Asiata for mine. Someone who at least has some idea of reading the play and directing troops accordingly, and, who has the respect of the players.

Glenn is our nominal captain. Shows his best at a press conference.

Asiata for mine. Someone who at least has some idea of reading the play and directing troops accordingly, and, who has the respect of the players.

Glenn is our nominal captain. Shows his best at a press conference.
Being good in press conferences and from a corporate perspective is, for better or worse, a pretty big part of what the Broncos as a business need out of their Captain.

Being good in press conferences and from a corporate perspective is, for better or worse, a pretty big part of what the Broncos as a business need out of their Captain.

True, no doubt that. At the same time, there has to be a lot more to captaincy, and I just don't see it in Glenn, on the field where it matters more than the press box. The spoon is bad for business.

True, no doubt that. At the same time, there has to be a lot more to captaincy, and I just don't see it in Glenn, on the field where it matters more than the press box. The spoon is bad for business.
I agree, but in truth the only other pretty strong candidate just packed his bags for the Dragons. Without any other strong candidates around, Glenn is likely the best of what we have left.

I know the argument for Lodge has been strong in the past, but honestly he doesn't have enough footy runs on the board to overcome his reputation and until that ledger looks a little more balanced I don't see him being a realistic option.

Glenn is a failure as a captain imo. We need someone who will light a cracker up everyone's ass for some line speed in O and D.

I agree, but in truth the only other pretty strong candidate just packed his bags for the Dragons. Without any other strong candidates around, Glenn is likely the best of what we have left.

I know the argument for Lodge has been strong in the past, but honestly he doesn't have enough footy runs on the board to overcome his reputation and until that ledger looks a little more balanced I don't see him being a realistic option.

I don't even think Lodge should be at the club and no not because of his past, purely because he is WAY over priced for what he offers. He is an average to above average prop with a penchant for errors and penalties while also on elite of the elite money.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.