Gold Coast Titans Discussion

Yeah basically just personal. To be honest, I'd probably end up trying to develop Treymain Spry who is already signed.
Point taken, as I said, haven't seen much of Opacic recently except for the wraps on here of late and I would assume it wouldn't be a big contract. Still unsold on half of your highlighted players too though. Not a great off contract list in general so hard to be picky.

Point taken, as I said, haven't seen much of Opacic recently except for the wraps on here of late and I would assume it wouldn't be a big contract. Still unsold on half of your highlighted players too though. Not a great off contract list in general so hard to be picky.

Spry having a good game anyway.

OMG 😯 Titans just leap frogged Sea Eagles, Warriors, Tigers into 9th.

What placing are the Broncos again?!

giphy.gif

The Gold Coast are riding a high right now and it's the most promising they've looked since 2016. Having Brimson back for the run home has re-invigorated them and he's well and truly put his hand up for that utility spot for Queensland.

I don't think any Gold Coast fan would be getting too ahead of themselves. It's still a long road ahead, but what these last weeks have shown is now that they've moved on the Latus, Watkins, Boyds, Cartwrights they've got a solid foundation for Fifita and Fa'asuamaleaui to come into.

I've looked back over the games they've played this season and I'm certain @Big Pete has called it correctly, there wouldn't be too many knowledgeable Titans fans getting ahead of themselves about next year.

However, most would feel a lot better about the direction the club and it's future prospects. Like the Broncos the first half of this covid season wasn't great and again, like the Broncos they showed promise in patches. What's different though is the Titans don't have as many quality players but those that do are playing for each other.

That's down to the coach and a credit to the players. I'll be cheering them on next year in every single game bar the game(s) against us. Definitely will be my second favourite. The Cowboys can get fucked though🤮

I've looked back over the games they've played this season and I'm certain @Big Pete has called it correctly, there wouldn't be too many knowledgeable Titans fans getting ahead of themselves about next year.

However, most would feel a lot better about the direction the club and it's future prospects. Like the Broncos the first half of this covid season wasn't great and again, like the Broncos they showed promise in patches. What's different though is the Titans don't have as many quality players but those that do are playing for each other.

That's down to the coach and a credit to the players. I'll be cheering them on next year in every single game bar the game(s) against us. Definitely will be my second favourite. The Cowboys can get fucked though🤮

You would be correct, most are tipping 7-10th which given we are currently 9th is particularly cautious if you ask me. Can't see it going worse. In terms of cheering on other teams, the only reason I wouldn't cheer the Broncos is if they get Green. Won against us due to absolutely abysmal refereeing one week and says "look at the scoreboard" and then couple weeks later has a massive whinge about less consequential refereeing. Most hypocritical thing I have ever witnessed. Most coaches at least admit "yeah we probably got lucky there a bit." Liked him before that too. Sore loser.

You would be correct, most are tipping 7-10th which given we are currently 9th is particularly cautious if you ask me. Can't see it going worse. In terms of cheering on other teams, the only reason I wouldn't cheer the Broncos is if they get Green. Won against us due to absolutely abysmal refereeing one week and says "look at the scoreboard" and then couple weeks later has a massive whinge about less consequential refereeing. Most hypocritical thing I have ever witnessed. Most coaches at least admit "yeah we probably got lucky there a bit." Liked him before that too. Sore loser.
The way I see next season going for the Titans is top eight bound. I've got a few reasons for thinking this way.
One, the coach.
I can see the players buying into his plan as they clearly are doing now.
Two, the improved roster. Fifita and Tino Alphabet won't be the only additions. I expect his re-signings will give the coach their best.
Three, the confidence gained from the late season form surge.
Four, the prize. By this I mean the desire to gain the competitions heavyweights respect. Further the respect of the competition as a whole and from the fans in general. The prize isn't solely a gf win, it's multilayered because to most of these guys simply playing finals will be a massive achievement and for most, a first. That in itself is a goal that most of the team would have believed wasn't going to happen especially after 2019.
Lastly, a fit Fifita will want to prove his many detractors wrong and I believe he will want to lead the forwards.

Sure, the wheels could fall off, many dreadful scenarios could become reality. Serious off field issues, drugs and scandals, a horror run of injuries or salary cap disasters, any number of things could wreck the season. Even so, given reasonable luck and a good leadership group (combined with a strong and fair coach) will see them mount a serious challenge. I will wait for the markets in the betting and I'd say I'll have around 2k in preseason bets. Top eight, top four, make a gf and win the gf. At the right odds there's money to be made when the top 8 is decided in 2021.

Holy doooodle

Imagine how good Broncos would be if when Bennett left, we hired Mal Maninga as head of football and Holbrook as coach..

Mal has definitely done wonders for them.

Jamal Fogarty has been awesome and I wanted him to be signed here before we made the Croft signing. I was so disappointed with the Croft signing...

The way I see next season going for the Titans is top eight bound. I've got a few reasons for thinking this way.
One, the coach.
I can see the players buying into his plan as they clearly are doing now.
Two, the improved roster. Fifita and Tino Alphabet won't be the only additions. I expect his re-signings will give the coach their best.
Three, the confidence gained from the late season form surge.
Four, the prize. By this I mean the desire to gain the competitions heavyweights respect. Further the respect of the competition as a whole and from the fans in general. The prize isn't solely a gf win, it's multilayered because to most of these guys simply playing finals will be a massive achievement and for most, a first. That in itself is a goal that most of the team would have believed wasn't going to happen especially after 2019.
Lastly, a fit Fifita will want to prove his many detractors wrong and I believe he will want to lead the forwards.

Sure, the wheels could fall off, many dreadful scenarios could become reality. Serious off field issues, drugs and scandals, a horror run of injuries or salary cap disasters, any number of things could wreck the season. Even so, given reasonable luck and a good leadership group (combined with a strong and fair coach) will see them mount a serious challenge. I will wait for the markets in the betting and I'd say I'll have around 2k in preseason bets. Top eight, top four, make a gf and win the gf. At the right odds there's money to be made when the top 8 is decided in 2021.

They’ve signed our old mate Herman Ese’ese too! He’s highly underrated!

After seeing the points made in the Dearden thread both originally and subsequently, I think I've been too harsh on Tanah Boyd. Not unhappy about it as he should provide quality cover for injuries, but feel bad for the bloke being stuck behind our halves either as depth or interchange hooker. Almost disappointed he didn't stay with the Broncos where given the circumstances, he may've had more of a shot at the halves by now. IIRC his kicking game was one of his best attributes in juniors and he actually played well at 5/8th in the one game Ash was out (1TA, 1LBA) in a game where we didn't get much opportunity. Was always told he was behind Dearden in the pecking order though so maybe not. Haven't had enough time to tell if his kicking game translated through to NRL level yet though admittedly, but, if so he sounds like possibly what you need currently? FYI not saying he is better than Dearden and a 19/20yo half pairing wouldn't have been ideal, but hypothetically, it would've been interesting to see how he went. No QCUP seems to be a real problem for all the QLD teams at the moment.

The Gold Coast are riding a high right now and it's the most promising they've looked since 2016. Having Brimson back for the run home has re-invigorated them and he's well and truly put his hand up for that utility spot for Queensland.

I don't think any Gold Coast fan would be getting too ahead of themselves. It's still a long road ahead, but what these last weeks have shown is now that they've moved on the Latus, Watkins, Boyds, Cartwrights they've got a solid foundation for Fifita and Fa'asuamaleaui to come into.
I think you’ll find the correct pluralisation is ‘Lati’

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • ell.d33
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Splinter
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky field goal
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.