Gold Coast Titans Discussion

Holy doooodle

Imagine how good Broncos would be if when Bennett left, we hired Mal Maninga as head of football and Holbrook as coach..

Mal has definitely done wonders for them.

Jamal Fogarty has been awesome and I wanted him to be signed here before we made the Croft signing. I was so disappointed with the Croft signing...
Of course you're right but many on here simply struggle to see things as they are. I wasn't perturbed in any sense by the Croft signing simply because it was a cheap outlay. It's not as if it cost us three average players. It was a punt that hasn't paid off...yet. I still think that a solid season of Intrust for Brody will maximize our return on investment.

I can't say I have seen much of Opacic this year, mostly stuck to watching Broncos/Titans with the occasional other game mixed in. Thought he was solid in his stint at the Bronx a couple years ago and was surprised he was let go tbh. Of the current off contract list he does seem to be the main option though. I'm going to leave it to Holbrook on the 9 front as I admit to having no idea. Most would be an upgrade though. On current form Rein seems like he is capable of getting us through 2021 if need be but has been hot and cold.

Given his one year contract I am hoping Proctor is mostly for depth and experience at this point. In that case I feel you're both forgetting Joliffe who has been getting close to Mo as our most consistent prop this season. Would prefer him replacing Proctor on your bench Sproj and it improves it 10 fold imo. 2 FR, a 2R and a utility seems to be the go these days I think. Fair amount of wriggle room with the forward pack and who goes where. Originally I was thinking Peachey 13 with Ese'ese on the bench but having Ese'ese start and then having Peach on for some spark (which I haven't seen terrible amounts of) might have something to it.

Also sorry @Huge got lazy throughout the week and forgot to make a 1-17 for you so here's an analysis of theirs.

Tom will either end up at Melbourne or he will give it away i think even though he has had some decent offers from 3 Sydney clubs. Bellamy i dont think trusts the likes of Brenko Lee or Seve in the centers, and he has been chasing Tom since he was a junior at Redcliffe. He is extremely disillusioned with how he has been treated up north and can honestly see him just giving it away. In the last half of last year and in his games this year apart from one i think he has been playing well. He has 2 tries and 2 try assists in 5 games for a pretty poor side, and it wouldnt be easy for him, or any player for that matter to just drop into a side with no ISC behind them. I'd have him back here in a hearbeat though. He is tough, plays solid enough and never gives up. We need a bit of that for the next year or two.

Tom will either end up at Melbourne or he will give it away i think even though he has had some decent offers from 3 Sydney clubs. Bellamy i dont think trusts the likes of Brenko Lee or Seve in the centers, and he has been chasing Tom since he was a junior at Redcliffe. He is extremely disillusioned with how he has been treated up north and can honestly see him just giving it away. In the last half of last year and in his games this year apart from one i think he has been playing well. He has 2 tries and 2 try assists in 5 games for a pretty poor side, and it wouldnt be easy for him, or any player for that matter to just drop into a side with no ISC behind them. I'd have him back here in a hearbeat though. He is tough, plays solid enough and never gives up. We need a bit of that for the next year or two.
He's precisely the sort of no frills, low cost/maintenance guy that you need in a well balanced squad to allow you to have elite players in other positions.

If Tom were to come back to the Broncos how does that tie in with his qcup team??

You'd imagine he'd prefer to play with Redcliffe, but haven't the Broncos cut ties with them or is it not really a problem given we have guys like Coates affiliated with Tweed, etc. and they still go back to those teams (although that may be a transitioning thing as he's young and that was his junior team)??

I think Tom is a signing we should make as a replacement for Kahu... would come in on near base wage, but has every chance to lock down our troublesome left centre spot... also allows him to come back to SEQld and play in Qcup if needed.

Melbourne being the alternative isn't too bad either considering he'd either be in the fulltime squad or playing qcup for sunny coast.

Last edited:
If Tom were to come back to the Broncos how does that tie in with his qcup team??

You'd imagine he'd prefer to play with Redcliffe, but haven't the Broncos cut ties with them or is it not really a problem given we have guys like Coates affiliated with Tweed, etc. and they still go back to those teams (although that may be a transitioning thing as he's young and that was his junior team)??

I think Tom is a signing we should make as a replacement for Kahu... would come in on near base wage, but has every chance to lock down our troublesome left centre spot... also allows him to come back to SEQld and play in Qcup if needed.

Melbourne being the alternative isn't too bad either considering he'd either be in the fulltime squad or playing qcup for sunny coast.

I really think its a possibility he might not even play QCup as it stands. Thing will probably change for him after he and his partner have their baby in November. You are right though, Redcliffe will always be his first choice for a team in ISC.

I really think its a possibility he might not even play QCup as it stands. Thing will probably change for him after he and his partner have their baby in November. You are right though, Redcliffe will always be his first choice for a team in ISC.

Sorry @Wolfie, on Redcliffe, what is your thoughts on their NRL bid? I don't know much about them being down here and all. Sounded promising in the article but they always do I guess.

If you haven't seen it yet:

Sorry @Wolfie, on Redcliffe, what is your thoughts on their NRL bid? I don't know much about them being down here and all. Sounded promising in the article but they always do I guess.

If you haven't seen it yet:

They are more than ready. I watch them regularly and would probably jump ship to them as my NRL team if they got accepted. Financially, they can compete, and as the article says, they have an excellent junior setup. They would need to move on from Mogg imo as coach, but i think they could easily become a success.

They are more than ready. I watch them regularly and would probably jump ship to them as my NRL team if they got accepted. Financially, they can compete, and as the article says, they have an excellent junior setup. They would need to move on from Mogg imo as coach, but i think they could easily become a success.

Cheers, would be interesting to see another QLD team in the comp. Feel like it sounded more viable than these random clubs that are being built from the ground up. IIRC I remember seeing a fair number of Broncos coming from there previously so would be interesting to see how they go. Adds more NRL I would be likely to watch most weeks.

Last edited:
Cheers, would be interesting to see another QLD team in the comp. Feel like it sounded more viable than these random clubs that are being built from the ground up. IIRC I remember seeing a fair number of Broncos coming from there previously so would be interesting to see how they go. Adds more NRL I would be likely to watch most weeks.

Broncos have had quite a few players come through from the Phins. Civoniceva, Staggs, Tate, Turpin, Opacic and Perry spring to mind. There are probably a lot more as well. They also had a big input into Matt Lodge's rehabilitation. They are a great club.

Last edited:
Redcliffe is a team the NRL should go for. They aren't in Brissy, have an established fan base and are already established. It is a no brainer, so the NRL won't do it.

Redcliffe is a team the NRL should go for. They aren't in Brissy, have an established fan base and are already established. It is a no brainer, so the NRL won't do it.
Close enough to the Sunny Coast to keep the dirty Storm out of there too. They need to be pushed out of Queensland

Close enough to the Sunny Coast to keep the dirty Storm out of there too. They need to be pushed out of Queensland
To make it viable I do think they'd have to get pretty serious about working on locking up that Sunshine Coast area as you suggested.

Last edited:
A proper footy club with an actual Rugby League history and a committed and passionate fan base attached to it that has come up the hard way and been preparing itself for an opportunity like this for years.

There is simply NO way the NRL will go this way when they have the option to set up another plastic and artificial club with a brightly coloured and market tested name and colour scheme that some marketing guru thought up to sell jerseys. The NRL LOVES shit like this.

Last edited:
A proper footy club with an actual Rugby League history and a committed and passionate fan base attached to it that has come up the hard way and been preparing itself for an opportunity like this for years.

There is simply NO way the NRL will go this way when they have the option to set up another plastic and artificial club with a brightly coloured and market tested name and colour scheme that some marketing guru thought up to sell jerseys. The NRL LOVES shit like this.

And it will be cheap to set up and run compared to starting from scratch.

And it will be cheap to set up and run compared to starting from scratch.
Now you're suggesting they do something that makes financial sense too, which is another thing the NRL absolutely despises doing.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • kiwi2
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.