Gold Coast Titans Discussion

Not sure why The Don is copping the hostility. It's a legit thread, don't participate if you don't like it.

Agree.

It'd be different if he was the usual troll from another club that comes on here and just wants to stir shit, this lad seemingly just wants a good conversation. (Which is understandable considering how dead the Titans forum is).

We may have a worse team but at least we have the best forum. Welcome aboard dude, as long as you don't flat out troll stick around, bit of friendly banter is good fun. It may be the only year you'll get to call us the shittier team.

If you let me know the 'lesser lights' I would be more than happy to give my thoughts on them.
Erin Clark
Jonas Pearson
Toby Sexton
Trey Spry
Darius( 😲 ) Farmer
Juwan Compain , mystery man.

I just thought you'd be more tolerant. Clearly that's a mistake. Of all the things said over the years to you, that hurt your feelings? Really? Okay, I'm sorry.

If I didn't want the thread, I would have shut it down.

If I didn't want the thread, I would have shut it down.
I chatted privately with The Don and told him you're extremely reasonable and would absolutely have no problem with him posting a dedicated thread in the appropriate place away from the Broncos threads. I told him that's why we have a section so that different rugby league stories could be told. I gave you a solid wrap about your flexible unCoxy like approach to differing opinions. I was pretty amazed that thickheads had felt the need to slide over and then put shit on the Dons club and his action.

Thanks for not being Coxylike.

Last edited:
Erin Clark
Jonas Pearson
Toby Sexton
Trey Spry
Darius( 😲 ) Farmer
Juwan Compain , mystery man.
Erin Clark is in my opinion serviceable at dummy half, however hasn't shown anything that has said the hooker spot is mine. Depth at best from what I have seen.

Jonus Pearson I thought went relatively well on the wing early in the season. Been injured for most of it though and will probably not return so jury is still out there.

I will admit I am probably not your man in terms of junior development for the rest of them however we do have a few who are passionately into it on the Titan's forum so I will reflect what they have said.

Sexton has probably had the biggest wraps on him out of our juniors and will probably be progressively moved into the halves in a year or two. From what I can tell similar to Dearden in that he is our best young half option (no ISC etc. might slow him down slightly). Pretty sure everyone sees him as our long term no.6 with him impressing so much in the preseason some were hoping for a debut this year.

Trey Spry had a couple of games for us recently on the wing and carried the ball strongly which has been one of the big issues with our back three. Didn't get to see large amounts of him but seems to have potential.

I don't know much about Compain other than he has been extremely well rated coming through the ranks. There is a massive wall on him in Titans forum that is very comprehensive but I'll try give you the general gist of it. Essentially they compare him very strongly to Fifita as an "intense aggressive well-rounded backrower with the ability to break the line by himself or as a result of running a good line, Juwan Compain then has enough speed to break into space prior to looking for his support players." Had very good seasons in a number of lower grade competitions and should be looking for his debut in 2021 supposedly.

Darius Farmer is from my knowledge a second rower that has been strongly compared to Inglis. Obviously take that with a grain of salt. Apparently he brings "size, skill and speed" with many predicting him to debut at the start of this year. Think from memory he overcame cancer last year which had been effecting his performances and has been training the house down ever since. Very promising with our junior development guy on the forum reckoning he will surprise many on his debut so looking forward to it. Expected to play this year so not sure how we are going there.

If you want more in depth analysis of the juniors especially I am happy to delve deeper into finding out more. Clark and Pearson have had some NRL appearances though so will mainly go off those as going off performances in weaker comps can be misleading as we all know. From all early reports though sounds like we are starting to keep some of our best juniors.

Erin Clark is in my opinion serviceable at dummy half, however hasn't shown anything that has said the hooker spot is mine. Depth at best from what I have seen.

Jonus Pearson I thought went relatively well on the wing early in the season. Been injured for most of it though and will probably not return so jury is still out there.

I will admit I am probably not your man in terms of junior development for the rest of them however we do have a few who are passionately into it on the Titan's forum so I will reflect what they have said.

Sexton has probably had the biggest wraps on him out of our juniors and will probably be progressively moved into the halves in a year or two. From what I can tell similar to Dearden in that he is our best young half option (no ISC etc. might slow him down slightly). Pretty sure everyone sees him as our long term no.6 with him impressing so much in the preseason some were hoping for a debut this year.

Trey Spry had a couple of games for us recently on the wing and carried the ball strongly which has been one of the big issues with our back three. Didn't get to see large amounts of him but seems to have potential.

I don't know much about Compain other than he has been extremely well rated coming through the ranks. There is a massive wall on him in Titans forum that is very comprehensive but I'll try give you the general gist of it. Essentially they compare him very strongly to Fifita as an "intense aggressive well-rounded backrower with the ability to break the line by himself or as a result of running a good line, Juwan Compain then has enough speed to break into space prior to looking for his support players." Had very good seasons in a number of lower grade competitions and should be looking for his debut in 2021 supposedly.

Darius Farmer is from my knowledge a second rower that has been strongly compared to Inglis. Obviously take that with a grain of salt. Apparently he brings "size, skill and speed" with many predicting him to debut at the start of this year. Think from memory he overcame cancer last year which had been effecting his performances and has been training the house down ever since. Very promising with our junior development guy on the forum reckoning he will surprise many on his debut so looking forward to it. Expected to play this year so not sure how we are going there.

If you want more in depth analysis of the juniors especially I am happy to delve deeper into finding out more. Clark and Pearson have had some NRL appearances though so will mainly go off those as going off performances in weaker comps can be misleading as we all know. From all early reports though sounds like we are starting to keep some of our best juniors.
Cheers. I probably can read some more without joining in much the same way as anyone can here. Have you looked deeply into Holbrook? Who got him to your club? Was he 'bought' by a benefactor or was it after a long search, stringent analysis and a board consensus?

Cheers. I probably can read some more without joining in much the same way as anyone can here. Have you looked deeply into Holbrook? Who got him to your club? Was he 'bought' by a benefactor or was it after a long search, stringent analysis and a board consensus?
I wouldn't say I have looked deeply into Holbrook as per say. He came up on the forum as an option months before his signing and I must say he was always my favourite. I looked into St Helens fortunes before he was the coach and they seemed similar to the Titans in their previous circumstances. He turned them around very quickly and managed to get the best out of the players through tailoring game plans etc to individual strengths and giving specific players their roles surrounding this (This was said by a few ex NRL players in the team). In terms of his coaching career, I believe he had success in the NSW cup and NRL u20s before getting gigs as the Junior Kangaroos coach and assistant to Robinson at the Roosters. With his reputation as an extraordinary player manager, you could only see good things coming from his relationships with Junior Kangaroos. I believe it was a board consensus in the end. I don't know if i would necessarily say 'long search' as Garth was sacked pretty quickly, however I don't believe the Walker brothers were the right fit for a struggling club and Toovey seemed like a hope for the best sort of option. I couldn't tell you how the club got him/ analysed him though but I could see why he was the best option even back then.

I wouldn't say I have looked deeply into Holbrook as per say. He came up on the forum as an option months before his signing and I must say he was always my favourite. I looked into St Helens fortunes before he was the coach and they seemed similar to the Titans in their previous circumstances. He turned them around very quickly and managed to get the best out of the players through tailoring game plans etc to individual strengths and giving specific players their roles surrounding this (This was said by a few ex NRL players in the team). In terms of his coaching career, I believe he had success in the NSW cup and NRL u20s before getting gigs as the Junior Kangaroos coach and assistant to Robinson at the Roosters. With his reputation as an extraordinary player manager, you could only see good things coming from his relationships with Junior Kangaroos. I believe it was a board consensus in the end. I don't know if i would necessarily say 'long search' as Garth was sacked pretty quickly, however I don't believe the Walker brothers were the right fit for a struggling club and Toovey seemed like a hope for the best sort of option. I couldn't tell you how the club got him/ analysed him though but I could see why he was the best option even back then.
Thanks. I did a bit of reading about him earlier on in the season. I think I might have even wrote that I thought I could see improvement in the way in which the Titans were structured. Never know, he might be OUR coach in a couple of years! If he does get the Titans to be competitive he'll be seen as a miracle worker and doubtless have suitors.

Thanks. I did a bit of reading about him earlier on in the season. I think I might have even wrote that I thought I could see improvement in the way in which the Titans were structured. Never know, he might be OUR coach in a couple of years! If he does get the Titans to be competitive he'll be seen as a miracle worker and doubtless have suitors.

I want him to be the Titans Craig Bellamy so stick to Siebold! I am nervous about that in the future though. In response to @Big Pete, lord that man knows his stuff doesn't he. Be tough to find anyone more knowledgeable on junior rugby league and the commitment he puts in to writing about them is second to none.

They’ll be better than us from next season. Just my opinion.

If this thread attracts @mdrew and we can get him to open up about Broncos contracted juniors, it maybe the best thread in BHQ.

Easily one of my favourite Rugby League writers bar none.
Nothing will ever beat the "Assorted Creams" thread. Maybe IBMs Ladies thread but that is it.

I chatted privately with The Don and told him you're extremely reasonable and would absolutely have no problem with him posting a dedicated thread in the appropriate place away from the Broncos threads. I told him that's why we have a section so that different rugby league stories could be told. I gave you a solid wrap about your flexible unCoxy like approach to differing opinions. I was pretty amazed that thickheads had felt the need to slide over and then put shit on the Dons club and his action.

Thanks for not being Coxylike.

I have no issue with the thread. I just find it an odd one to have on BroncosHQ a few days after they spend overs to take a player we all really wanted.

Add that to the fact that the Titans are pretty disliked around here, I'm surprised you are surprised.

I have no issue with the thread. I just find it an odd one to have on BroncosHQ a few days after they spend overs to take a player we all really wanted.

Add that to the fact that the Titans are pretty disliked around here, I'm surprised you are surprised.
I understand your position. I thought if we went where people wouldn't care nobody would be upset. Like, nobody is obliged to scoot over to the other rugby league, non Broncos discussion section and then blow up. It is a non Broncos issue and I thought I was doing the right thing by everyone. I didn't want it in the Broncos section and thought it safe enough. I'm interested in rugby league and in particular having strong qld teams, except the Cowpats! Okay, them too but I'm still dirty on them, my bad. I'd love to have a second team now that Cronulla has won a premiership.

They’ll be better than us from next season. Just my opinion.
I hope not but you may be right. I'd want us to be the premier qld side but I also want the Titans and Cowpats to be forces, bashing Sydney teams and Melbourne/Canberra too. If all three clubs are strong, qld rugby league is strong and that brings benifits to Qld as a whole. Strength in numbers and strong numbers at that.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • KnToad
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Alec
  • mrslong
  • bert_lifts
  • Midean
  • broncs30
  • simplythebest
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Gray
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.