GRAND FINAL - Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also conceded a try from mistake after scoring. Everything bad about the side came home to bite us tonight, like it or not

Congrats to QLD :)

I'm proud of the Broncs and Bennett for congratulating the Cowboys and holding their heads high despite the last minute loss.

OK no **** it, that is not all.

Refs can suck a dick. For the most part they were ok, but we didn't get near the penalties we should have. Did we even get one in the whole second half??? I watched one set of six where we could have had a penalty on every fucking tackle. Cows were slowing it down so bad, and Milf and Boyd both get hit in the chops without a penalty in sight. Fucking bullshit performance, clearly the NRL wanted a Cows 'fairytale' - well, you fucking got it. We got no favours at all - did it swing the result, hard to say. We shouldn't have let them draw even, but we could have been in a better position if the refs were fair, so I believe that yes, they did effect the result. I wouldn't go so far as to claim we were robbed - but we were definitely hard done by, and it did effect the result.

Hunt needs to be watched by someone for a while, he will be real hard on himself after that. Maybe deservedly to some extent, but it wasn't totally his fault. Our left edge let in that try after the buzzer - that was the problem, not Hunt. He went a bit AWOL, as did Milf. But he didn't lose us the game, and will be better for it next year. After the 2 years he's had, I can cut him some slack there.

We were never comfortable. I called it 20 min in and again at half time. The Cows had more energy, **** knows how. They wanted it more, and a game as evenly matched as this was always going to come down to who wanted it more. They snatched up EVERY loose ball. They wanted it more, we were a bit flat. We played our grand final last week, much as it pains me to say it - if we had've played like that tonight we would have steamrolled them.

Running out of things to write. Absolutely gutted. We're better than that, we should have won. I don't agree that we choked - we just let it slip. For probably the first time this year, we let one slip. The younger guys were overawed and we were just that 1% off. Fucking devastated, but it is what it is. Everyone got their 'fairytale'.

I'll remember the fucking hate from here on in though. The undercurrent of hate for the Broncos has legitimately taken me by surprise this week. Normally ambivalent people have been ragging on me pretty hard (next week will be unbearable). I've been deadset stunned at the Broncos hate. And I will not forget. I've actually lost friends tonight - which doesn't help. **** the fucking Cowgirls and **** the fucking NRL.

Pass me more rum.

Hunt clearly felt gutted at what happened in golden point knowing what it meant for the side, And to suffere that in a grand final I think that's punishment enough, lay off him.

No, I'm not going to lay off him. He WAS terrific during the year except for his kicking game which also sucked tonight. But the rest of the season isn't the point. Tonight was the game where we needed him to really stand up and lead and keep a cool head and FOCUS. It's the pressure games which count, and for mine, Hunt has failed that test big time with his errors tonight and crap kicking game.

Future captain material? I think not until he leads to lead and be composed under real pressure.

End of angry disappointed rant.

Hunt didn't get to the kick and handed over cheap territory which eventually lead to feldt try. He could have closed it out but choked. The knock on was the the icing. I was all for a cowboys win but to lose that way is terrible.

The Broncos players should push the trophy to the ground.

Last edited:
We choked, let one slip that we had won.

That'll hurt forever.

that's a gutting feeling. i hope when the smoke settles we can appreciate the incredible effort for the year

That's the worst part to be dubbed chokers after such a great year.

Criticism for his performance is fine, making it personal(and I'm not suggesting in what you just said was) isn't that was the point I was trying to make rnabokov.

Tbh, if you drop a kickoff in extra time in a GF you deserve some sh*t

Fingers crossed it doesn't destroy him

Yeah I fear hunt may never recover from this. Winning it could have taken him to another level. Such a bad loss. Could have major side effects

Nearly half the Cows team are ex Broncos.

Can Ash Taylor back flip or something, S.O.S Ash Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Redux
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • Rowdy124
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.