Grand Final - Sea Eagles vs Warriors (Post-Match starts pg 4)

not very sportsman like? how? he wasnt injured, he wasnt signalling to the ref or anything.....he caught a kick and was running it back and crocker smashed him fair and square. nothing like hodges dropping the shoulder on an obviously injured player.

even though i love the Broncos i disliked how we won the 2006 premiership, because it was so tainted by blatant refereeing errors, every single one of which went in our favour.

Yeah Agree with AP on all counts here.

Although upon rewatching the 2006 GF I didn't find the calls AS bad as when I was watching it the first time, I remember feeling the game was tainted. But that we were the better team, not unlike Manly this year. They were the better team, but the win is tainted.

For the record, I did not cheer for Manly in 2007 or 2008. My husband did though, as Manly was his second team....until the prelim final this year and now he dislikes them. Yayayyyy my marriage is safe!

Not according to the Silvertails wrap up. Rose was only bracing himself from hitting the ground and DCE didn't obstruct anyone in the lead up to his try. FFS. Even on this forum we admit when we get the calls go our way. ( except Beads )

I think the only really bad call I can remember we got from the 2006 GF was when Shaun Berrigan ran behind one of our players (blatant obstruction) then got hit high and we got a penalty for it, which gave us 2 points.

Didn't Berro score off an obstruction?

there was also the one near halftime where hodges clearly knocked the ball into touch and the referees said that it came off a melbourne player.

nothing like hodges dropping the shoulder on an obviously injured player.

Oh please.

Morris was trying to get up, do people expect players to take notice of another player 'waving' their arms about.

Morris has stated, he was trying to get up & he would have done the same thing.

If Morris was bad, they would have taken him off. He really hurt himself jumping for a bomb, later on in the game.

Melbourne were cheating (salary cap), so who cares if some things went our way.

I would be mighty p!ssed off, if we lost that GF & it was later known the Storm were cheating the cap.

so if a guy with 2 broken legs with bones sticking out TRIES to get up, its alright to smash them?

doesnt matter what Morris was TRYING to do - you only had to look at him (or the player next to him signalling the ref) to see that he wasnt actually going to get up.

anyway, off topic.

Melbourne were cheating (salary cap), so who cares if some things went our way.

I would be mighty p!ssed off, if we lost that GF & it was later known the Storm were cheating the cap.

in 2006, iirc, they were only something like 100k over the salary cap? remember, we ALSO got done for salary cap breaches in 2006, along with pretty much every other year over the decade before that.

in 2006, iirc, they were only something like 100k over the salary cap? remember, we ALSO got done for salary cap breaches in 2006, along with pretty much every other year over the decade before that.

As you did when the story broke you're erroneously looking at the breach amounts instead of the breach reason/method.

Storm = cheating.
Broncos = cost of unexpected rep upgrades and mistakes (eg, incorrectly classified 3rd party payment).

As you did when the story broke you're erroneously looking at the breach amounts instead of the breach reason/method.

Storm = cheating.
Broncos = cost of unexpected rep upgrades and mistakes (eg, incorrectly classified 3rd party payment).

no im not. yes it was cheating, but its not like they were spending $1mil more than they shouldve. like i said, iirc in all the details that came out they were only something like $100k or less over that year. after 2006 is when they really started ramping up the cheating because everyones asking prices went up after they won a minor premiership and made the grand final, then won the premiership the next year.

Here we go again.. :rash:

In the 2006 GF we may have had a call or 2 go our way but I wouldn't have thought our good run with refs in 2006 would be comparable to that of the Sea Eagles this year.

Here we go again.. :rash:

In the 2006 GF we may have had a call or 2 go our way but I wouldn't have thought our good run with refs in 2006 would be comparable to that of the Sea Eagles this year.
i agree - the sea eagles got game after game handed to them on a platter. we just got the 1 game.

no im not. yes it was cheating, but its not like they were spending $1mil more than they shouldve. like i said, iirc in all the details that came out they were only something like $100k or less over that year. after 2006 is when they really started ramping up the cheating because everyones asking prices went up after they won a minor premiership and made the grand final, then won the premiership the next year.

Whatever.

Whatever.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...lary-cap-scandal/story-e6frg7mf-1225857053370

"- salary cap breaches amounting to at least $1.7 million over five years

- a salary cap breach of around $400,000 in 2009

- the salary cap breach projected to be $700,000 in 2010"

so in 2010 and 2009, $1.1 of the $1.7 million they were over was used up. 2007 they won the premiership, so wouldve had to significantly upgrade a large number of contracts for 2008. 2007 they wouldve had to upgrade contracts after winning the minor premiership in 2006 and making the GF.

so $600k in breaches for the year after a premiership win (2008), the year after a minor premiership and grand final appearance (2007), and then the year after......well after 2005 (2006) when not much happened at all. its safe to say that they wouldnt have been much over the salary cap in 2006.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Dash
  • Jason Simmons
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bronco bob
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Rah88
  • Manofoneway
  • Reds2011
  • whykickamoocow
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.