Grand Final

The fix is in. Just heard from my customer that does the NRL merchandise. He has 4 times the pre-orders for the Sharks Premiership gear than for the Storm. In fact he's actually started printing some Sharks stuff early because he's worried he might not keep up if they do win.

The fix is in. Just heard from my customer that does the NRL merchandise. He has 4 times the pre-orders for the Sharks Premiership gear than for the Storm. In fact he's actually started printing some Sharks stuff early because he's worried he might not keep up if they do win.
What's he going to do with all that Sharks premiership gear when they lose on Sunday :takdir:

What's he going to do with all that Sharks premiership gear when they lose on Sunday :takdir:

He's printed them as a half & half - one side has a big premiership logo and the other side has smaller standard Sharks logos. He'll be getting the scissors out if the NRL's "Make A Wish" foundation doesn't come good on their latest fairytale.

This grand final looks like it will be Rabs's final game.

I feel the Sharks will win, but I hope they don't as I don't think Gallen deserves it seeing as his best football came in the period when he admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs, and they have a few grubs in their side ( Maloney, Ennis, Fifita ).

I feel the Sharks will win, but I hope they don't as I don't think Gallen deserves it seeing as his best football came in the period when he admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs, and they have a few grubs in their side ( Maloney, Ennis, Fifita ).
So, now that Gallens drug free and playing at a lower standard than when he took recovery drugs ,along with around 40 other athletes mind you, you think he doesn't deserve any success. ****, what a mindset.

So, now that Gallens drug free and playing at a lower standard than when he took recovery drugs ,along with around 40 other athletes mind you, you think he doesn't deserve any success. ****, what a mindset.

Nope, I don't think he deserves any success at all. i don't think a whining, drug cheating, stitches ripping, racist grub deserves any success whatsoever. Quite happy with my mindset about him. I don't believe players who throughout their careers have been nothing but sly, cheating thugs deserve anything good from the game.

Nope, I don't think he deserves any success at all. i don't think a whining, drug cheating, stitches ripping, racist grub deserves any success whatsoever. Quite happy with my mindset about him. I don't believe players who throughout their careers have been nothing but sly, cheating thugs deserve anything good from the game.
But you're good with all the other players from Cronulla who have done nothing wrong having success, right ? That would of course be only fair and Aussie like.

he doesn't deserve to win shit until he actually gets punished for his doping offences

he doesn't deserve to win shit until he actually gets punished for his doping offences

But that was five years ago, blame the system not the player, everyone should feel sorry for the other unpunished Sharks because to not to do so is against the use of the 'to be an Aussie card'.

Have I covered pretty much all of the usual retorts?

But you're good with all the other players from Cronulla who have done nothing wrong having success, right ? That would of course be only fair and Aussie like.

I dont have a problem with a lot of Cronulla's players. I dont like some of them. Fifita is almost up there with Gallen. Maloney and Ennis are cowardly. Do i want them to win a grand final though? Nope. I think a stronger club would have dealt a lot more harshly with the crap Gallen and Fifita have done, so while i do think they have some players who maybe deserve a grand final win, on the whole i hope they dont.

I dont have a problem with a lot of Cronulla's players. I dont like some of them. Fifita is almost up there with Gallen. Maloney and Ennis are cowardly. Do i want them to win a grand final though? Nope. I think a stronger club would have dealt a lot more harshly with the crap Gallen and Fifita have done, so while i do think they have some players who maybe deserve a grand final win, on the whole i hope they dont.

But it's un-Australian to not support the Sharks don't you know!

It's a beautiful day here today. Possibly might have perfect conditions.

What better way to promote the NRL than have two cheats face off in a grand final? At least Melbourne served their punishment though. I'm not sure about anyone else, but the ASADA scandal does not sit well with me, especially with the lack of punishment handed out. Forget about the players for a second, but the Sharks, as a club do not deserve success for blatantly cheating for a number of years through the deliberate use of performance enhancing drugs. For me the stench is too much. Besides Gallen and Fifita, there are players in the Sharks team that I'm a fan of, but Its hard to really embrace and support the Sharks to go on and get their first premiership in 50 years when as a club, they've pretty much gotten away with cheating. I think its left a bit of a foul taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

What better way to promote the NRL than have two cheats face off in a grand final? At least Melbourne served their punishment though. I'm not sure about anyone else, but the ASADA scandal does not sit well with me, especially with the lack of punishment handed out. Forget about the players for a second, but the Sharks, as a club do not deserve success for blatantly cheating for a number of years through the deliberate use of performance enhancing drugs. For me the stench is too much. Besides Gallen and Fifita, there are players in the Sharks team that I'm a fan of, but Its hard to really embrace and support the Sharks to go on and get their first premiership in 50 years when as a club, they've pretty much gotten away with cheating. I think its left a bit of a foul taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Yep to all of this. If it comes down to a choice between wanting the Storm or Sharks to win a GF, the AFL is already the winner this weekend.

Last edited:
And in the NRL's mind the only way they can one-up the AFL is by having what they consider a bigger miracle happen. It doesn't bode well for the Storm.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • broncs30
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • bazza
  • Sproj
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.