Greatest Sportsman in the world?

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We have spent the last 2 weeks glued to our screens, seeing the peak of Sports. Whether it was favourites doing what was expected, or athletes winning against the odds, we have seen the best of the best compete and its been awesome.

So after all this, the question must be asked, who do you think is the greatest sportsman in the world?

Is Michael Phelps the greatest? What about Usain Bolt? How about athletes who werent at the olympics like Tiger Woods? who is todays best?

Rafa Nadal would be up there at the moment along with the 3 you have named Penny!

Other names that could be put there are:

LeBron James
Lionel Messi
The Roger Express
Dan Carter

Tiger Woods would be up there. Also Michael Schumacher, Lance Armstrong from not that long ago...

Alec said:
Tiger Woods would be up there. Also Michael Schumacher, Lance Armstrong from not that long ago...

I would have named the last 2 but seeing as they arent athletes anymore I didnt [icon_lol1.

I also would have named Warnie, Steve Waugh and McGrath....plus a whole bunch of other cricketers

Tiger Woods.

I know naming the greatest sportsman in the world shouldn't be that simple but the man is phenomenal.

yep, gotta be tiger. i woulda said federer about a year ago, but nadal keeps beating him now.

IMO trying to name a single sportsman, considering the vast differences on the different sports played across the globe, is pointless and futile.

Absolutely.

Plus soccer and golf aren't sports. They're hobbies.

Trust the Thread Snob Brigade to turn their noses up at this thread.

I can't go past Nick D'Arcy, Greg Bird or that dude that kicked the ref in taekwondo at the Limpics.

Coxy said:
Absolutely.

Plus soccer and golf aren't sports. They're hobbies.

You may as well say the same thing about every sport then.

OK so this thread has the potential to initiate an entertaining discussion on a worthy topic, particularly post-Olympics when we have fresh evidence. So why do some people have to ruin it??

Active Now

• Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.