Greg Eden signs with the Broncos for 2015.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Re: RUMOR?: Greg Edan released by Hull to join Broncos in 2015

Maybe the salary cap problem means we are releasing Barba

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I think it might be a sign that Hoffman may be let go and Boyd won't come.

Doubt it considering Edan was rumoured to be coming to us months ago.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Maybe Milford isnt coming due to salary cap issues.

More likely its just a depth signing. Why would this necessarily be a Bennet signing if it does eventuate? He's still currently contracted to a different club.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Maybe we're just losing Stewart Mills to accommodate for him.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

By the sounds of it he wants to come to Australia to test himself in the NRL and try and better his game. I doubt it would be for much (if he is coming to us) and if he impresses he will get a call up, if he doesn't he won't.

Saying this has anything to do with Bennett or Milford is ridiculous as this rumour has been around for months

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I was hoping he was at least a goal kicker but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Behold

Behold

BRL Player
Jun 13, 2012

Next year we will actually only have one real fullback in Milford, maybe Hodges too. Boyd (If he comes) and Hoffman (If he stays) are wingers and Barba is obviously not a fullback. We aren't a team of fullbacks at all.

Yep two guys who have represented their countries at fullback are wingers....

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Josh Hoffman is not a fullbacks arsehole.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Haha next you'll be telling me Jarryd Hayne or Greg Inglis are centres. You know, because your logic is definitely not flawed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Depth on the wing, that's all he'll be.

(If we lose Hoffman & don't get Boyd, he may actually have a crack at the starting side, depending on how good he actually is)

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014

Fair play on Boyd. He's a proven class fullback. But let's be real regarding Hoffman, NZ does not half a wealth of riches on that position.

Their three most recent options have been Hoff, Hiku and Locke. Compare that against: Slater, Inglis, Hayne as our most viable, all more dynamic, with the ability to finish and create. Brett Stewart and Boyd also better options at FB than anything NZ has.

I like Hoffman and admire his tenacity/commitment, but he's played FB for the Kiwis simply because there are no better options. He is , however, incredibly well suited to the wing, and I would love us to retain him there.

Regarding Greg Eden, his signing may well be indicative that Hoffy intends to move on as rumoured (in which case, I wish him all the best). Not sure how Greg goes, but assuming he's not on a big deal, I'm ok with it as a depth signing.

Behold

Behold

BRL Player
Jun 13, 2012
Hoffman is an NRL standard fullback. I am not saying he is the best fullback in the NRL (he is currently the best fullback we have at the club) but he is a capable enough player in that position. If he is at the club next year and we don't sign Boyd I won't be surprised to see him with the 1 on his back again.

Boyd with structures built around him as good enough at fullback for any team in the NRL.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Wish there was some video on him, the next Billy Slater is a pretty big thing to be said about.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I've got no opinion on this because I've never seem him play. Anyone know much about him?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Wish there was some video on him, the next Billy Slater is a pretty big thing to be said about.

That was from Nathan Brown, from what I have read in superleague forums his got potential, agile and speed but his ball handling lets him down, tbh I see this little more as a depth signing.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Hoffman is an NRL standard fullback. I am not saying he is the best fullback in the NRL (he is currently the best fullback we have at the club) but he is a capable enough player in that position. If he is at the club next year and we don't sign Boyd I won't be surprised to see him with the 1 on his back again.

Boyd with structures built around him as good enough at fullback for any team in the NRL.
Anthony Milford, Justin Hodges, Jordan Kahu, Ben Barba are all far better fullbacks than Hoffman when it comes to playing to a structure or a minimal ball playing ability. He is probably the best from a defensive point of view, but not enough to warrant keeping him in that position.
I think his best spot is in the 3/4 line.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • Midean
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Richby
  • bert_lifts
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • RodF
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.