Greg Eden signs with the Broncos for 2015.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Comparing him to Slater is just setting him up to fail. I remember a certain other british fullback who didn't live up to the hype.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
He's a lot bigger looking in that picture than I thought he was. Could be a good buy.
Solid, but at 176cm he might be a little short for the wing unless he's got an exceptional leap and we have better options at fullback and centre.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Comparing him to Slater is just setting him up to fail. I remember a certain other british fullback who didn't live up to the hype.

You talking about Tomkins? Because he did pretty well for his first NRL season, I'm expecting big things from him next year.

(2014 Stats)

13 Tries
12 Try Assists
13 Line-Break Assists
11 Line-Breaks
106 Tackle Busts

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You talking about Tomkins? Because he did pretty well for his first NRL season, I'm expecting big things from him next year.

(2014 Stats)

13 Tries
12 Try Assists
13 Line-Break Assists
11 Line-Breaks
106 Tackle Busts

But are those stats really worth the 750k a season salary he gets, plus the 750k release fee the Warriors paid to get him

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
But are those stats really worth the 750k a season salary he gets, plus the 750k release fee the Warriors paid to get him

The release fee doesn't come from the salary cap, and the Warriors as a club have quite a bit of money, so that's irrelevant.

But based on this seasons performance.. probably not worth $750k, closer to $500k, if we were basing salaries on performances.. but he's still young, and it was his first season out of the U.K, I'm certain he'll be better next year.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I hate comparing players against their paychecks, Thaiday was awfully average this year but was on about 400k, you're not paying for pure performance, it's an all round package which includes their potential and also how well others play because of them.

Even putting that all aside, if the Warriors has spare money and weren't going to sign anyone else, than he may as well be free, because there's no bonus points for not spending your salary cap amount.

Tony Williams is on ridiculous money, so are a host of others. All in all, I think Tomkins is well worth it and I'm glad he came to the NRL, we need more stars and I hope as a competition we can keep poaching from other leagues.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
10671352_10152774194264631_28660606901631757_n.jpg

Eden Aims To Make His Mark - Broncos

The interviewer says that he is "winging" his way down under.... guess he really "is" a winger then...see...see..!!!!!!

UKBronco1989

UKBronco1989

Sep 7, 2014
The comparison to Billy Slater came from his old coach Nathan Brown when he was at Huddersfield 2 years ago. Eden put on a handful of good performances early on in the season and was looking like a good prospect. However, since that comparison his form steadily declined and he was sold to Hull KR, who then loaned him to Salford because he wasn't playing well. Since he returned to Hull KR he's been average at best.

Hopefully he can improve his game in Australia, but I really doubt we'll see him playing for the first team.

Unread

Active Now

• Canga
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.