Griffin confirmed as Henjak's right hand man

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
ANTHONY Griffin is excited about helping Broncos head coach Ivan Henjak transform a host of under-20s graduates into NRL regulars in the next couple of seasons.

Griffin has been confirmed as Henjak's right hand man for 2010 after two seasons at the helm of the Toyota Cup under-20s.

A former assistant coach at Melbourne Storm, Griffin confessed yesterday he had his reservations when asked by then Broncos coach Wayne Bennett to take on the under-20s job in 2008.

After three seasons coaching Queensland Cup club Redcliffe it almost felt like a demotion dealing with 18-year-olds.

But Griffin has emerged from the Toyota Cup a more rounded person, ready to tackle the demands of the NRL again and to one day step into a head coaching role.
Related Links

"I was way ahead of schedule when I got the Melbourne job in 2001. At the time I thought I was close. When I look back I realise I was not ready to contribute at that level."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/spor ... 09,00.html

I think the decision was expected, but good decision none-the-less. Griffin was good working with the u20's and we will have quite a few young guys in our side next year. plus he has the added bonus of previous NRL assistant coach experience icon_thumbs_u

FTR, the article says that former Canberra centre Matt Wood will be taking over the u20's for next season.

Well deserved for Griffin. He's done remarkably well with the youth team.

too right, our toyota cup team has been tremendous, however, both of them will have to work hard to get the D right this year (which t-cup is notorious for lacking)

Is that sarcasm ddd on their attitude? Wasn't Shaun notorious for being an air-head?

Big Pete said:
Is that sarcasm ddd on their attitude? Wasn't Shaun notorious for being an air-head?

No, I liked the Berrigans, I guess this is the joy of rose coloured glasses

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Battler
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.