Harrigon AXED as video ref for game 3

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Controversial video referee Bill Harrigan has been sacked for State of Origin III in Brisbane next Wednesday.

The decision comes after Harrigan made a series of contentious decisions in the opening two games of the lopsided series.

The Australian Rugby League on Tuesday appointed Paul Simpkins and Sean Hampstead as video referees for the Suncorp Stadium clash with Shayne Hayne and Tony Archer retained as on-field officials.

Harrigan's most disputed call came in Origin I after NSW's Jarryd Hayne put a foot on the sideline, denying him what many felt was a try.

But the Queensland Rugby League also have felt aggrieved by a number of calls and the Maroons will not be unhappy to see Harrigan go.

lets hope that Simpkins and Hamostead don't do the same disgraceful jobs as was done in game 2

Lol i posted about this in the nsw team side. figured that it was a change for nsw more so than the game. haha.

mrslong said:
Lol i posted about this in the nsw team side. figured that it was a change for nsw more so than the game. haha.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. i just read that but i don't know why NSW want to drop those guys they were their best players in game 2 [icon_razz1

Hmmmm, wasn't Simpkins in the video box for Game 3 2006, the one with shit decision after shit decision that nearly cost Queensland the series?

Coxy said:
Hmmmm, wasn't Simpkins in the video box for Game 3 2006, the one with shit decision after shit decision that nearly cost Queensland the series?
Nope. That was Graeme West [icon_non worst video ref ever.

1244108305.jpg

now at least a try will be allowed when the ball is PASSED back, and disallowed when the man playing the ball OBSTRUCTS the marker

Foordy said:
now at least a try will be allowed when the ball is PASSED back, and disallowed when the man playing the ball OBSTRUCTS the marker

Don't count on it. While they probably can't be any worse, there's no guareentee that they will be any better either

Personally, I think they should show the replays on the big screen and let the on field referee make a decision based on the video evidence. Always though it made more sense and left less room for ambiguity.

Dunno, big screen from a distance isn't always clear enough.

I think it should be more like the NFL used to (still?) have and they have a monitor on the sideline that the on field ref can go and have a look at.

thank god. He was a great ref but is a dead ordinary video ref.

Billy makes some really confusing video ref decisions!

I reckon he makes dud decisions on purpose so he makes sure he will get talked about in the media. Any publicity is good publicity

He apparently said after being dropped "Finchy must be wanting to give some of the other guys a go in a dead rubber". LOL

Careful folks, you'll male Rock really angry talking about the refs like that. Let's not blame them for any outcome, even the scores being closer than they might have been. I mean, it's not like they've ever had an influence on the outcome of a game or anything...

I think rock and others' problem with you is to do with the way you "cheer" for your team at the games...pretty much just abusing the ref from kick off to full time.

Better be careful about saying things on the internet about people you've never met.

Lol, look out Coxy! Yo' bad arse fo real dawg.

Active Now

• achievedrap
  • Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Cavalo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lozza
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Fatboy
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.