MELTDOWN Heads must roll

I don’t want to pick on one player, but why can we not ever lift for a game?

Any fucking game?

Just about every team in the comp lifts against us and we can NEVER do the same. You see us doing at times during games. Some call obviously goes out, yet we cannot do it for big games.

Why? What is wrong with this team?

I'm sure most of the teams we beat this year probably thought the same about us. I thought we had quite a few games where we really stood up this year, unfortunately we have just been far too inconsistent.

Has he not? My bad I thought he went back to back.

So I’ll amend to - don’t you mean centre of the year award winning origin player
*former origin player/absolute grub/sook who couldn’t cop being dropped due to poor form.

Last edited:
So why not complain about the guy who's meant to kick in his traditional role from the halves, but isn't. Shouldn't he be the one working to get it right, so the guy who's not usually kicking, doesn't have to try and kick too?

Why blame him when the guy who is technically meant to be kicking, isn't?

Exactly.

What's Boyd's role in the team, as 5/8th and a critical component of the spine? Does anyone have a clue? He doesn't kick, he doesn't run often, he doesn't set up tries with quality passing, he still barely touches the ball... Seriously, what is his role? To call the attacking plays and let our FB and hooker-who's-not-a-half execute them?

So why not complain about the guy who's meant to kick in his traditional role from the halves, but isn't. Shouldn't he be the one working to get it right, so the guy who's not usually kicking, doesn't have to try and kick too?

Why blame him when the guy who is technically meant to be kicking, isn't?
🤦‍♂️ man are you serious? Fullbacks are alternate kickers if it’s in their game lol! Turpin put up a pin point accurate kick which saw Staggs pluck it out of the air and score a try. More so it’s about the pressure and kicking to allow your attackers come defenders to put pressure on their opponents. Milford is useless he has had numerous seasons to perfect this part of his game but does the same dumb stuff! He needs the boot and replaced with somebody with brains!

think I mentioned in the "Rumours" thread a month back or so...id happily take on 50% of Forans money if the Dogs are serious about getting him off their payroll....he might only be fit for 70% of regular season games given recent history but we'd win 80% of those....

For now though, have to accept we got beat by a team that all things considered may well end up finishing above us next year given their cap situation..

As for Isaako; well, gotta look at it in these terms.

There are team specific skills and there are position specific skills.

Team specific skill; Goalkicking - Isaako meets this very well.

Position specific skill; Wing - Umm....sort off.....the physical tool are there no doubt, but defensively its not happening...

So, its a case of (as it mostly is with this lot) is the glass half empty or half full?

Maybe if he puts this year behind him and works hard during the offseason we can see a third season break out for him? If not and this form continues apace....he is definitely expendable, and Perese, Coates & Herbie can fight it out for the right wing position.

🤦‍♂️ man are you serious? Fullbacks are alternate kickers if it’s in their game lol! Turpin put up a pin point accurate kick which saw Staggs pluck it out of the air and score a try. More so it’s about the pressure and kicking to allow your attackers come defenders to put pressure on their opponents. Milford is useless he has had numerous seasons to perfect this part of his game but does the same dumb stuff! He needs the boot and replaced with somebody with brains!

But it's not in his game given how he kicks then. But he's being forced to kick anyway, because the blokes we need doing at it, suck more at it. He wasn't employed to kick either, he was employed to run.

But it's not in his game given how he kicks then. But he's being forced to kick anyway, because the blokes we need doing at it, suck more at it. He wasn't employed to kick either, he was employed to run.
You are being Strangely weird now!

Milf.

Last year he was kicking to corners, kicking 40/20s almost at will, conjuring repeat sets off grubbers AND torpoedoing the shit out of the opposition.
This year he is only doing 1 of these things.

Why? Is it the coach? Has he forgotten? Is it because he is the ONLY viable option in the team that kicks, so defence is all over him? Has the coach told him to bomb if we are on the 40-50m line and that's where we finish all our sets?

What has happenned?

Milf.

Last year he was kicking to corners, kicking 40/20s almost at will, conjuring repeat sets off grubbers AND torpoedoing the shit out of the opposition.

Why? Is it the coach? Has he forgotten? Is it because he is the ONLY viable option in the team that kicks, so defence is all over him? Has the coach told him to bomb if we are on the 40-50m line and that's where we finish all our sets?

What has happenned?
You make a good point. It reminds me of when it got to the stage Lockyer was shifted to 5/8th. That wasn't done because he was struggling at fullback(that said down the road it probably would happened anyway), that was done because the side was struggling with direction in the spine and thus being so heavily reliant on Lockyer. Our premeirship in 2006 wasn't a coincidence, contributions from Karmichael Hunt and Shane Perry helped massively and took pressure off Lockyer who then became harder to target and more freedom to play his natural game. Milford is no Lockyer, but we seriously need to get our spine in order to be any serious threat in the competition.

It's why we need at halfback someone who can take pressure off Milford, knows how to properly direct his players around and can provide a suitable kicking game. No offence to Turpin but he doesn't have a future at halfback(Seibold might have other ideas). Much more suitable for hooker or bench.

Last edited:
Milf.

What has happenned?

Yeah kicking game has gone to poo, so predictable now, we used to have a pretty decent kick chase and pin them on their goal line.

You make a good point. It reminds me of when it got to the stage Lockyer was shifted to 5/8th. That wasn't done because he was struggling at fullback(that said down the road it probably would happened anyway), that was done because the side was struggling with direction in the spine and thus being so heavily reliant on Lockyer. Our premeirship in 2006 wasn't a coincidence, contributions from Karmichael Hunt and Shane Perry helped massively and took pressure off Lockyer who then became harder to target and more freedom to play his natural game. Milford is no Lockyer, but we seriously need to get our spine in order to be any serious threat in the competition.

It's why we need at halfback someone who can take pressure off Milford, knows how to properly direct his players around and can provide a suitable kicking game. No offence to Turpin but he doesn't have a future at halfback(Seibold might have other ideas). Much more suitable for hooker or bench.
Far, far, far too premature to be making that sort of call about Dearden to be honest. I support you that we need somebody with some experience and game management skills to partner Dearden in the halves (anyone but Boyd please) and someone like Blake Green would be perfect in my view.

Far, far, far too premature to be making that sort of call about Dearden to be honest. I support you that we need somebody with some experience and game management skills to partner Dearden in the halves (anyone but Boyd please) and someone like Blake Green would be perfect in my view.
I'm not convinced where Dearden stands in first grade to be honest, he seemed solid in his limited time there but I wouldn't say he put a strong case forward for certainty. That said I'd give him a crack alongside O'Sullivan, we need to get Boyd out of the halves for next season for sure(ideally he retires but we can't just count on that).

Look, it’s time to make the call! Milford must go! The broncos have always had decent forward packs but have failed dismally in the halves. McCullogh is a great defender but need more from dummy half! It’s time to give him the chop too. He is way too one dimensional. I was very hopeful of the young broncs really shaking up the top 8 but you can’t do it with these “set in there ways” players. The Broncs are losing fans because of the lack of decision making that is only fair on this young team especially forward pack who are busting their guts! I’ve held on and held on hopeful of someone making the decision over the last few seasons but becoming really despondent as a inaugural bronco fan!

If Milford was this clubs biggest problem, we would be a lot better off

When was the last time we saw Boyd's move? You know, our only move.
Since Milf went to FB we hardly do it.
We never do anything to isolate a defender around the ruck or with an attacking structure inside 20.
It's coaching, or IMO over coaching.
We look confused all the time so we keep it as basic as we can.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.