'Help him or he'll end up six feet under': Roberts' amazing transformation

Great to hear he reconnected with his missus. Sounds like he really needs her. Last I heard she bailed on him and he was living here on his pat. I thought he had a second kid with another one - glad I’m wrong. Stable off field for dude like this will make him kill it on the field with that talent. Good luck to him tommrow.

It's one of the nicest stories ive read. As for Bennet only doing it for a star player: he didn't need to get Roberts. There were easier options like gagai etc he could have chased (and gotten).
He saw a good footballer, and someone lost to his demons, and took a brave gamble. Not because he's out to rescue every lost soul but because he saw both a footballer and a man who sought help.
Some people ask why he didn't pick up Carney or pierce. They weren't looking to change.
Most of the credit should go to Roberts though. He, made that decision to want to change. Bennet and the broncos gave him the tools.
I'm sure every footballer Bennet works with has that opportunity to seek help to change. They just need to want it. As for the others? He's a football coach, not a social worker.
Let's be thankful Bennet has found a way to help some, and perhaps question ourselves and others and willingness to reach out to those around us needing help, before judging his. From where I see it, he given his fair share.

Wonder if he’d stay if Bennett was punted for Bellamy. Know he has a contract for what the’re worth these days. Depends on the level of support of the players I suppose. Lovely story, puts things in perspective.

Great to hear he reconnected with his missus. Sounds like he really needs her. Last I heard she bailed on him and he was living here on his pat. I thought he had a second kid with another one - glad I’m wrong. Stable off field for dude like this will make him kill it on the field with that talent. Good luck to him tommrow.

Yeah me too. That was the last I heard too (his ex was down in Sydney with his kid) as that's what the situation was when he got done for hair-pulling in the pub or whatever.

It's obvious that he's not out of the woods, in fact, he never will be. It's just good that he finally has the support he needs, and most importantly, someone he can trust.

The Broncos deserve credit for keeping Roberts on the right path. But let's not pretend Wayne would give a toss about James if he wasn't an above average footy player. Let's keep some perspective here.

Absolute bullshit, and everyone knows it

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behold
  • lynx000
  • Manifesto
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.