Henry wants OUT!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Canberra coach Neil Henry wants a release to take up a five-year deal to return to North Queensland.

Henry is set to stun Raiders officials by asking for a release from the final year of his contract, knocking back a deal to extend his stay in the nation's capital.

Asked about the development, Cowboys CEO Peter Parr remained tight-lipped. "I haven't commented on the coaching position for a while and I don't have any intention to now, mate," Parr told The Sun-Herald yesterday.

"I'm not going to confirm, deny or comment on the coaching position."

It's expected Henry will ask Canberra chief executive Don Furner for a release today, if he hadn't already done so after last night's match against St George Illawarra.

Should the Raiders stand firm and deny Henry's request, it's understood the Cowboys will elevate deputy Ian Millward into the top job to replace the departing Graham Murray at the end of the season.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/i- ... 97308.html

I wonder how much truth there is to this story eusa_think

It was mentioned on the sunday roast saying henry was asking for a leave and would sign a 5 year contract very shortly..... I'm not sure about very shortly but i think its true.

mick! said:
Henry ---> Cowboys.

Bennett ---> Canberra???

Well it would be fitting for him to end his career where he started it. Well football Career anyway, I don't think Petrie police will take him back [icon_razz1

mick! said:
Henry ---> Cowboys.

Bennett ---> Canberra???

I hope so [icon_pray.

Canberra would be one of the very few NRL clubs I could bare to watch Bennett coach. And then when Cyril Connell retires (though I am beginning to wonder if that will ever happen [icon_lol1. ) he can come back to the Broncos and be our talent scout icon_thumbs_u

I would love to see him there but I think the only place hes going is St George, but who knows (he would get shit from the media everyday there if they didn't play well).

I think the Broncos should sign Henry, that would be great to see :grin:

schmix said:
mick! said:
Henry ---> Cowboys.

Bennett ---> Canberra???

I hope so [icon_pray.

Canberra would be one of the very few NRL clubs I could bare to watch Bennett coach. And then when Cyril Connell retires (though I am beginning to wonder if that will ever happen [icon_lol1. ) he can come back to the Broncos and be our talent scout icon_thumbs_u

Exactly what I'm hoping.
I like Canberra they are my 3rd favourite team.
Wouldn't mind Panthers
anyone really excepty Dragons or Dogs.

Also hope he goes back to Brisbane and is the talent scout
Maybe he can come and watch Locky play some games down here while he is down here.
And take him back to Brisbane with him..haha (dreaming)

I honestly don't mind where WB goes. Given us such great service and rival clubs are just rival clubs... regardless of who is there.

While I really hate the culture and pretty much everything about the Dogs and Dragons, I think WB would be the perfect man to do the job in restoring a bit of pride and clean culture there, which would be great for the game in general.

I just heard on the news that Henry is going to go to North QLD... Fat Head Weidler said it, so I'm not sure how much there there is..

Yep, being a Canberra fan I'm hoping to dear god that WB comes back and finishes what he started.

I hope the Cowboys don't sign him now that way he can come to the Broncos next year [icon_razz1

Was said they can take him to court but it would be hopeless to have a coach that doesnt want to be there.Then it comes out he had a get out clause anyhow. :shock:

Costigan is trying to get out and go the the Titans who are wanting him.(who dont they want? [icon_wink )Carney could have signed a very big deal elsewhere but was reportedly told by Henry to stay cos he was going nowhere.

All very shady on Henrys part IMO.

The Rock said:
Will the Canberra Raiders die soon?

The only thing that has kept this team together of the past 5 years is the fact that they've always had a good coach and 2-3 quality players who lift the whole team.

What is going to happen if they get a nuffy of a coach and no a team with a bunch of no names? They'll be certainties for the spoon every year. Canberra is not the most attractive place for any player wanting to move.

The Furner family will just find more people to make up the numbers. They currently have chairman, general manager and coach.

The Rock said:
What is going to happen if they get a nuffy of a coach and no a team with a bunch of no names? They'll be certainties for the spoon every year. Canberra is not the most attractive place for any player wanting to move.

I reckon Penrith will give them a run for their money. Their coach is living on a knife's edge, they have no halves, and next year it gets even worse as Luke Lewis, Luke Rooney, Frank Pritchard, Tony Puletua and Luke Priddis are all said to be leaving.

Gotta feel for the fans of both Penrith and Canberra, there's simply nothing to look forward to.

The Rock said:
schmix said:
[quote="The Rock":3pz5ozxl]What is going to happen if they get a nuffy of a coach and no a team with a bunch of no names? They'll be certainties for the spoon every year. Canberra is not the most attractive place for any player wanting to move.

I reckon Penrith will give them a run for their money. Their coach is living on a knife's edge, they have no halves, and next year it gets even worse as Luke Lewis, Luke Rooney, Frank Pritchard, Tony Puletua and Luke Priddis are all said to be leaving.

Gotta feel for the fans of both Penrith and Canberra, there's simply nothing to look forward to.

Penrith are in much better shape though IMO.

Penrith are always going to be a more attractive club to go to and Penrith never have trouble producing good juniors. I've watched all of the under 20's Penrith games this season I tell ya, some of those guys are simply sensational.

Canberra on the other hand - Who wants to live in Canberra? They have the odd good player here and there coming through the ranks but that's about it.[/quote:3pz5ozxl]

Penrith just need to get a coach who can turn their quality juniors into quality first graders

John Lang to the rescue!....Oh wait.... :twisted:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.