OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

let the hate train begin.

I'm disappointed but not overly - I figured we all knew something had to give and we couldn't keep them all. Let's hope Mariner lives up to his promise.

Cant blame the Dolphins, he is a great signing for them and virtually every other club would have done the same thing.

We need to take a long hard look at the culture of this club and why it is we cant retain talent. Brown paper bags aside, there has to be a way players stay loyal and buy into what we are trying to achieve.

So gutted.

Even though we're pretty flush for talent in the centres, I'm still gutted to be losing Herbie..
Fucking Dolphins....
Time to move Herbie to the wing and Cobbo to the centres,

I’m gutted to see this. I for one thought that he came all the way from England at a very young age to play for the Broncos but is ditching us to play for a new entrant. They surely aren’t going to win the premiership at all.
It must surely be one if
1. More money on the table
2. A promise(false) to play him @fullback 🤷‍♂️
3. Something he doesn’t like at Broncos.

Should we look to offload him right away & look towards Mariner?

This definitely hurts because it’s just yesterday we officially launched the season especially on the back of DD’s phenomenal speech.

Should we continue to play him in 2023

Maybe more focus should go to Mariner or Arthurs.......?
He's still a world class player... so I don't see the point in making our team worse because he's moving on next year.

Penrith didn't release Burton... Storm didn't release BSmith.

He's signed a contract for this year so we should look to utilise him... if his performances start dropping and Mariner's picks up in Qcup then the conversation can be had.

This is fucked. I assume the club were aware which is why there has been zero attempts to play him at fullback for the trials. **** the Dolphins but **** the Broncos for allowing another talented player who loves the club to leave.

Another example of us developing a player and just as he starts to pay dividends, he leaves. Forget having money put into up and coming players. Spend the extra cap on attracting established stars.

I don’t think it was ever going to end up any other way, he was always the odd man out in the roster.

All the best to him.

Question is do we continue to play him or run with Mariner on the wing and Cobbo at centre.

Is an early release or trade on the cards?

I thoroughly disagree with punting him because he's signed elsewhere. If he playing, is the best chance of winning a premiership, play him.

Notwithstanding, if the phins were willing to pay a transfer fee, do it. Free up a spot and we can sign both Sailor and Smoothy to top 30 deals.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rambstien
  • marw
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.