OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Yep, I'd say punt him to reserve grade now and call him up in the event of injuries.

The only bright side is Mariner now has he clear pathway into first grade but man, this sucks so much when you develop a kid and just as they reach the level, they leave.

But remember, The is not here to cannibalise the Broncos.

I'm not really sure about how I feel about him staying in the team now that he's signed for the dolphins. As much as I love him as a player, he has committed to the Phins now. I think I'd like to give mariner every chance to develop now and only use Herbie if injuries happen to our centres.
The Broncos won't do that though..

Should we continue to play him in 2023

Maybe more focus should go to Mariner or Arthurs.......?

Thats the decision we need to make. I personally wouldnt. He's a good player, works hard and has the right attitude. We should either let him go early ( it would be pretty pathetic to banish him to QLD cup, hate it when clubs do that, especially when he has never been any trouble here ) or just let him keep his spot if he deserves to.

Funny you blokes trot out the hate for a young player wanting some direction with an actual coach, not Walters the pretender, yet lauded Reynolds after ditching the club he played almost every inch of league for... the only difference being Herbie isn't busted.

The Dolphins will win their first premiership before the Broncos win their next.

Funny you blokes trot out the hate for a young player wanting some direction with an actual coach, not Walters the pretender, yet lauded Reynolds after ditching the club he played almost every inch of league for... the only difference being Herbie isn't busted.

The Dolphins will win their first premiership before the Broncos win their next.
How about you go swim with the marine life.

I was already on the hate train ... now I'm up the front shoveling coal into the f#####g boiler ... I'm not surprised at him leaving ... but to go to the Dumplings ffs!!! .... I reckon he'll stay there until the contract is done and he's made some dough, then he'll head back to the old dart ... just a feeling.

Yeah right mate, sure they will.🤣

W

Who touched you?

Comments about dropping him are as predictable as they are petty.

Massive loss for the club, I would have preferred to lose Staggs. I just hope it took an absolute monster deal plus the chance to play 1 for him to leave.

You should banish yourself from here gracefully.

Cant blame the Dolphins, he is a great signing for them and virtually every other club would have done the same thing.

We need to take a long hard look at the culture of this club and why it is we cant retain talent. Brown paper bags aside, there has to be a way players stay loyal and buy into what we are trying to achieve.

So gutted.

This isn't a culture thing

It's a money and/or positional thing

Yep, I'd say punt him to reserve grade now and call him up in the event of injuries.

The only bright side is Mariner now has he clear pathway into first grade but man, this sucks so much when you develop a kid and just as they reach the level, they leave.

But remember, The is not here to cannibalise the Broncos.

They have signed an off contract player who got a better offer than we wanted to give him. Exactly the same we did with Reynolds. He's the only good player we have lost to them, nobody could care less about the others who have gone there. People might have a point if they were ripping our squad or the other Queensland squads to pieces for their best players, but they havent. We will keep way more than we lose to them. Do agree though, this one hurts because he looks like he is a huge talent and ready to step up a level.

In reality, we will probably be looking at blokes from their place in the future. Now they have a pathway to the NRL, with their development system i reckon they are going to be producing a lot of good quality players a few years down the track. We would be mad to not consider them if they are off contract and available.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • Allo
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.