OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Comments about dropping him are as predictable as they are petty.

Massive loss for the club, I would have preferred to lose Staggs. I just hope it took an absolute monster deal plus the chance to play 1 for him to leave.
I love Herbie and it’s devastating he is leaving. In saying that, it may now be worth telling Mariner that he has a future long term at the club (and ensure he doesn’t leave). It’s probably wise to allow him some time in the 17 considering Herbie has now decided he doesn’t want to be here long term.
it’s a hard one..
If we somehow now lose Mariner (although not off contract) it could be a double blow.

My guess is Broncos have plans to move Cobbo to centre next season and this is them prioritizing Cobbo over Farnworth.

If that's the case, Farnworth had to go.

But maybe that restaurant meal wasn't succulent enough.

This isn't a culture thing

It's a money and/or positional thing

We have generally only lost players for stupid money who we wanted to keep. Hunt and Fifita are the two that spring to mind. Both were made offers they just couldnt refuse.

I love Herbie and it’s devastating he is leaving. In saying that, it may now be worth telling Mariner that he has a future long term at the club (and ensure he doesn’t leave). It’s probably wise to allow him some time in the 17 considering Herbie has now decided he doesn’t want to be here long term.
it’s a hard one..
If we somehow now lose Mariner (although not off contract) it could be a double blow.
If he isn't good enough to be in the top 17, he needs to earn it in ISC. Have we not learned about just giving into the demands of a young player? If Mariner can't wait 12 months for a crack, tough shit.

No need for hate at all.

Herbie re-signed 12 months ago for the fifth best offer- he gave the Broncos every chance to keep promises and value him.

Ask Petero where that gets you if you let clubs keep doing it.

Eventually the gap gets too much.

If he wanted to play fullback that badly despite the fact he has no idea how to pass or create opportunities, then this result is probably best for everyone. There was no chance the club were going to take a punt on him when Walsh was right there for the taking.

If he wanted to play fullback that badly despite the fact he has no idea how to pass or create opportunities, then this result is probably best for everyone. There was no chance the club were going to take a punt on him when Walsh was right there for the taking.

It's nothing to do with fullback, I have said that over and over again.

Comments about dropping him are as predictable as they are petty.

Massive loss for the club, I would have preferred to lose Staggs. I just hope it took an absolute monster deal plus the chance to play 1 for him to leave.
I think we stuffed up giving the big contract to Staggs, that should of went to Herbie, if he plays Fullback for the then it's pretty much out of our hands anyway, he has always said he wants to play fullback, once we signed Walsh that was never really going to happen.

Even though it would of been good had we atleast bothered to let him play there for a few games when we had the basket cases of Isaako and Niu.

It's nothing to do with fullback, I have said that over and over again.

Then what "promises" could he possibly be butthurt about? A bigger payday? That changes very little about the situation.

They have signed an off contract player who got a better offer than we wanted to give him. Exactly the same we did with Reynolds. He's the only good player we have lost to them, nobody could care less about the others who have gone there. People might have a point if they were ripping our squad or the other Queensland squads to pieces for their best players, but they havent. We will keep way more than we lose to them. Do agree though, this one hurts because he looks like he is a huge talent and ready to step up a level.

In reality, we will probably be looking at blokes from their place in the future. Now they have a pathway to the NRL, with their development system i reckon they are going to be producing a lot of good quality players a few years down the track. We would be mad to not consider them if they are off contract and available.

Don't forget, they are also responsible for us losing chicken sandwich kid too. He may turn out to be nothing but we still lost him because of The.

If he isn't good enough to be in the top 17, he needs to earn it in ISC. Have we not learned about just giving into the demands of a young player? If Mariner can't wait 12 months for a crack, tough shit.
Who said he isn’t good enough for the 17? I’d have no issues if we pick him.

Who said he isn’t good enough for the 17? I’d have no issues if we pick him.
Would you like me to say it for you? Picked on current ability, he isn't good enough for the 17. He could replace Cobbo, but not Herb.

They have signed an off contract player who got a better offer than we wanted to give him. Exactly the same we did with Reynolds. He's the only good player we have lost to them, nobody could care less about the others who have gone there. People might have a point if they were ripping our squad or the other Queensland squads to pieces for their best players, but they havent. We will keep way more than we lose to them. Do agree though, this one hurts because he looks like he is a huge talent and ready to step up a level.

In reality, we will probably be looking at blokes from their place in the future. Now they have a pathway to the NRL, with their development system i reckon they are going to be producing a lot of good quality players a few years down the track. We would be mad to not consider them if they are off contract and available.

When the Broncos have Te Kura, Ahearn, Smoothy, Walsh and Paix that have all played for the Dolphins it's a bit of carry on.

Don't forget, they are also responsible for us losing chicken sandwich kid too. He may turn out to be nothing but we still lost him because of The.

The more i look at that i think The Dolphins were a convienent smoke screen for the Doggies to get him over the line quietly with the link between Gus and Adamson.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • kman
  • leon.bott
  • Porthoz
  • Organix
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Manifesto
  • broncsgoat
  • bazza
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • cento
  • Tim K
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.