OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Can you elaborate?
It would be all the bullshit about him wanting to play fullback but **** me, did he think we signed Walsh last year (before he resigned mind you) to not play him at fullback?

Typical Herbie, never passes. Should have known if he got a good offer from elsewhere he wouldn't pass on it.

I'm devastated, I love Herbie and wanted him to stay, but so be it. That's the business side of the sport. I still think this is a ripple of the decision to give Staggs a big contract, but what's done is done and can't be changed. Let's hope that turns out to be a better deal this year than it was last year.

I can't understand anyone who wants to ditch Herbie this year. I don't doubt he will still put in everything he has every game. He's one of the best centres in the game, and we'd be fools to bench him or let him go, unless letting him go benefitted us in a huge way. And no, we don't want Milf back, thanks very much for asking, Wayne.

It's nothing to do with fullback, I have said that over and over again.
Herbie re-signed 12 months ago for the fifth best offer- he gave the Broncos every chance to keep promises and value him.

If it isn’t the position, what are the promises made & we didn’t value him? If you can, please elaborate.

It would be all the bullshit about him wanting to play fullback but **** me, did he think we signed Walsh last year (before he resigned mind you) to not play him at fullback?

TBF, I'm pretty sure we re-signed Herbie before signing Walsh

I love Herbie as much, if not more than anyone else on the forum.

But IF Mariner is ready for regular NRL footy (at least on the wing) then I would seriously consider giving him that spot (with Cobbo taking centre)

Even though it would be best for us in 2023 to keep (and start) Herbie.

Herbie stuck with us at a time when it made more sense to walk away. So for that reason (assuming Mariner is ready for full time NRL) I would make a deal with the Phins for a transfer fee in exchange for an early release. I would put one clause in that release though, saying that Herbie is not permitted to play against us in 2023
I don’t understand that thinking at all, if we are best with Herbie playing why would we not want to keep him?

Typical Herbie, never passes. Should have known if he got a good offer from elsewhere he wouldn't pass on it.

I'm devastated, I love Herbie and wanted him to stay, but so be it. That's the business side of the sport. I still think this is a ripple of the decision to give Staggs a big contract, but what's done is done and can't be changed. Let's hope that turns out to be a better deal this year than it was last year.

I can't understand anyone who wants to ditch Herbie this year. I don't doubt he will still put in everything he has every game. He's one of the best centres in the game, and we'd be fools to bench him or let him go, unless letting him go benefitted us in a huge way. And no, we don't want Milf back, thanks very much for asking, Wayne.

That made me chuckle, not going to lie!

We should still be playing Herbie, but I wouldn't be against Swapping his position with Cobbo, both will then be on their preferred side, and surely Cobbo will be our left Centre when he goes anyway.

Depends on how we want to use him. If we would rather develop others then it makes sense to just let him go now and clear a bit of cap space. If we are happy enough to use him then no way should we let him go.

Seems quite common now for players to sign a one year deal with the Salary cap situation. Look at Nanai for example. Maybe Herbie thought fullback was an option when he signed, and then Walsh came instead. Maybe he just wanted to see if there would be better deals around for 24. Lots of reasons for these 1 year deals.
We have developed Herbie for years too, if we can get another year out of him why wouldn’t we.

So next year, The truly will be a Brisbane side just as the NRL wanted:

Wallace (Broncos)
Farnworth (Broncos)
Lee (Broncos)
Niu (Broncos)
Isaako (Broncos)
O'Sullivan (Broncos)
Graham (Broncos)
K.Nikorima (Broncos)
Milford (Broncos)
Bennett (Broncos)
Buck wearing a Dolphins costume (Broncos)
@Wolfie (Broncos)
@Mr Fourex (Broncos)
Brisbane itself (Broncos)

We have developed Herbie for years too, if we can get another year out of him why wouldn’t we.

Sometimes you get a club that want to develop players who are going to be here and prioritise them. As i said, i dont see an issue with just letting Herbie see the year out, but it does happen sometimes that for whatever reason a club wont do it. I dont think we will do it though, we will keep him here.

So next year, The truly will be a Brisbane side just as the NRL wanted:

Wallace (Broncos)
Farnworth (Broncos)
Lee (Broncos)
Niu (Broncos)
Isaako (Broncos)
O'Sullivan (Broncos)
Graham (Broncos)
K.Nikorima (Broncos)
Milford (Broncos)
Bennett (Broncos)
Buck wearing a Dolphins costume (Broncos)
@Wolfie (Broncos)
@Mr Fourex (Broncos)
Brisbane itself (Broncos)

Yeah, too bad they're all washed up or shithouse.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.