OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Sometimes you get a club that want to develop players who are going to be here and prioritise them. As i said, i dont see an issue with just letting Herbie see the year out, but it does happen sometimes that for whatever reason a club wont do it. I dont think we will do it though, we will keep him here.
Yeah, but I think with that attitude you will forever be developing and never winning.

I’m gutted to see this. I for one thought that he came all the way from England at a very young age to play for the Broncos but is ditching us to play for a new entrant. They surely aren’t going to win the premiership at all.
It must surely be one if
1. More money on the table
2. A promise(false) to play him @fullback 🤷‍♂️
3. Something he doesn’t like at Broncos.

Should we look to offload him right away & look towards Mariner?

This definitely hurts because it’s just yesterday we officially launched the season especially on the back of DD’s phenomenal speech.
Coached by Wayne or coached by Walters

Herbie is a professional who received a good offer. It happens. I say let him finish his contract and as long as he is playing well and we are in the running for the finals to keep him in the team. Whether it means he goes to wing to get Cobbo in the centres or whatever. It happens! If he starts slacking off then yeah replace him but I am sure he will want to win. He is a competitor.
The ongoing argument in here has been to overlook his deficiencies at centre, be they due to selfishness or lack of skills, and give him time to develop there. That argument is now void. He should be moved back to where he has the complete skillset already - the wing - and all development needs to cease forthwith.

That development needs to go into Cobbo and Mariner.

Don't forget, they are also responsible for us losing chicken sandwich kid too. He may turn out to be nothing but we still lost him because of The.
Don't think you can blame Redcliffe for Oloserpoo disappearing.........

The kid's a bit of a fuckwit........and so is his manager

Broncs management themselves played their part too.

I am a big herbie fan, so I am disappointed. I would have preferred to lose staggs as opposed to herbie as I think herbie is a better rounded player. But such is life.

I would keep herbie this year and as long as we are pushing for a deep finals tilt. If the season is a bust and we are not challenging, then I would look at moving cobbo or mariner there to look towards 2024.

I mean this one is pretty clear. We lose him or Flegler. Its an easy choice to make given we have such depth with Marina, Arthurs, Hoeter, Cobbo etc that can play centre. We dont have many props of Fleglers ability and there arent many in the NRL. Devastated to lose herbie, hes been a great clubman for the bashings, i'm sure he has been given a significant contract upgrade. Good on him.

I mean this one is pretty clear. We lose him or Flegler. Its an easy choice to make given we have such depth with Marina, Arthurs, Hoeter, Cobbo etc that can play centre. We dont have many props of Fleglers ability and there arent many in the NRL. Devastated to lose herbie, hes been a great clubman for the bashings, i'm sure he has been given a significant contract upgrade. Good on him.
It's fine logic, but you just know manly are going to do something insane like offer Fleger 900k and the plan will be ruined

For all those people calling for Farnworth to be dropped are kidding themselves surely. We spent the entire offseason training with Farnworth at centre. No way are we going to punt him before round 1. It would be reckless. Now if we get close to the trade deadline and we are languishing there might be a chance of a player swap or to move him to the wing and play Cobbo at centre. But until then, I'd be going all-in with our top 17 for as long as possible.

The ongoing argument in here has been to overlook his deficiencies at centre, be they due to selfishness or lack of skills, and give him time to develop there. That argument is now void. He should be moved back to where he has the complete skillset already - the wing - and all development needs to cease forthwith.

That development needs to go into Cobbo and Mariner.

^THIS^

It's fine logic, but you just know manly are going to do something insane like offer Fleger 900k and the plan will be ruined

Flegler is already on more money than he is worth.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.