OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

Honestly, I'm still waiting for Mariner to really impress me. Not writing him off by any stretch of the imagination, but realistically he's a long way off what Herbie gives us right now. I'm more than happy for him to develop in Cup while Herbie holds his spot in the top grade.

And even if we have Cobbo earmarked to slot into the centres at some stage, I'd rather give him another year on the wing to develop his maturity and work on his mental and physical capability to go a whole year in the NRL before switching inside in 2024. Then Mariner gets a wing spot, and we figure out what we're doing with Staggs in 2025 - if he hasn't already played his way out of the team.

Who says we didn't want to keep him? Not resigning him and not wanting to keep him are not the same thing.
That was a reply about keeping him this year and not releasing him early just because he’s signed with someone else.

Honestly, I'm still waiting for Mariner to really impress me. Not writing him off by any stretch of the imagination, but realistically he's a long way off what Herbie gives us right now. I'm more than happy for him to develop in Cup while Herbie holds his spot in the top grade.

And even if we have Cobbo earmarked to slot into the centres at some stage, I'd rather give him another year on the wing to develop his maturity and work on his mental and physical capability to go a whole year in the NRL before switching inside in 2024. Then Mariner gets a wing spot, and we figure out what we're doing with Staggs in 2025 - if he hasn't already played his way out of the team.

Did you see the trials? He was pretty impressive in both attack and defense.

I am not terribly upset with this to be honest. We all know you can't keep them all, we have options to replace him. The big thing the Broncos have to get right is having ready made replacements. It's not just our club, the Panthers are losing players as quickly as we are. The only club who seems to be able to sign and keep who the want is the Roosters and they in my opinion are a failure not winning more comps with that squad.

At this point in time I think the biggest priority is keeping Ben Ikin at the club long term and happy. He has the potential to have the biggest effect on the squad composition/talent pool.

Did you see the trials? He was pretty impressive in both attack and defense.

The two PSC games, yeah, and he certainly didn't do anything to disappoint me, but I will also admit I wasn't focussing on him in particular. Just at this stage I'd rather he get more games in ISC than NRL unless we absolutely needed him, and I think I'd probably rely on Pereira or Arthars if we needed a replacement at wing or centre in the short term. And I'd rather Herbie over anyone else we have in that centre spot for this year.

Meanwhile Sydney Rorters keep all their high profile, international stars while picking up smith from storm and poaching Dom Young from newcastle. What a joke this comp is.
They lost Cordner, Friend and Verrills. And even though bee sting is kook he is clearly a better coach then Walters will ever be.

They lost Cordner, Friend and Verrills. And even though bee sting is kook he is clearly a better coach then Walters will ever be.

You are right, losing Verrills would definitely cover B.Smith and Young's additions plus Crichton, Radley and Lodge extending. Cordner and Friend retired a while ago so I guess we can also count Ricketson and Fittler's money too.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.