Hodges charged with grade 1 grapple

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Faces 1 week suspension due to loading for past offences.

http://www.nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10 ... x?id=54123

Brisbane's Justin Hodges also faces a spell on the sidelines after he was charged with a grade one grapple tackle on Melbourne's Cameron Smith last Friday.

Hodges would ordinarily avoid a suspension with the low grade offence but due to his history and 33 carryover points he will miss one week unless he can successfully beat the charge.

Anthony Quinn escaped charge for his TWO raised forearms while running the ball back.

Dangerous precedent IMO. That was far more dangerous than any of the grapple incidents.

Coxy said:
Anthony Quinn escaped charge for his TWO raised forearms while running the ball back.

Dangerous precedent IMO. That was far more dangerous than any of the grapple incidents.

Agree, I was amazed he wasn't binned for that.

Well you can't get binned for foul play, only reported or sent off.

I didn't see the tackle whilst watching the game, and granted I wasn't paying that close attention to the TV, but did the commentators make mention of it at all?

The Quinn one? Yeah, Sam Thaiday was down for the count after it. Getting smacked in the head with a forearm would do that to you. After video review he was put on report.

There was another one later in the game but because there was no delay for treatment it wasn't reviewed or picked up.

Plus there was the rough up by Quinn on Folau where his swinging forearm made contact with Folau's head, but most of the damage done was with his knees in the back.

He's a prick that Quinn.

I didn't think there was much in it. His arm bounced up off the ball.

Ummm...what? Quinn was running WITH the ball, and it was the arm NOT holding the ball that smacked Sam in the head. You can't lead with your elbow or forearm, end of story. That's striking.

Coxy said:
Well you can't get binned for foul play, only reported or sent off.

I keep forgetting that.

NRL needs a new charge: "being Anthony Quinn".

Coxy said:
Ummm...what? Quinn was running WITH the ball, and it was the arm NOT holding the ball that smacked Sam in the head. You can't lead with your elbow or forearm, end of story. That's striking.
It was the grubbiest moment of our match. Quinn is a tool-bag.

Take 1 week Hodges and come back for round 4 firing on all cylinders.

Coxy said:

I must be thinking of something else then.

Coxy said:
The Quinn one? Yeah, Sam Thaiday was down for the count after it. Getting smacked in the head with a forearm would do that to you. After video review he was put on report.

There was another one later in the game but because there was no delay for treatment it wasn't reviewed or picked up.

Plus there was the rough up by Quinn on Folau where his swinging forearm made contact with Folau's head, but most of the damage done was with his knees in the back.

He's a prick that Quinn.
Nah, I saw that one. I mean the Hodges 'grapple'.

Oh, he had Cam Smith and sort of "Raked" at his head and the ball. It looked worse than it was. Brain snap IMO, a bit of payback for the one Smith did on Thaiday last year.

Did the commentators mention it? Seems strange if they didn't that he would be charged for something that went completely unnoticed.

Quinn is a pile of cow dirt I picked up on his knees in the back on Folau early on in the piece.. I heard certain clowns calling Folau soft and a diver for staying down...

Hodges is king of the brain snap it is a pity because he played really well on Friday night.

It didn't. It was penalised and reported IIRC.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Brotherdu
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.