Hodges charged with grade 1 grapple

Emma said:
Did the commentators mention it? Seems strange if they didn't that he would be charged for something that went completely unnoticed.
Oh man they went on and on about how he'd be in trouble for that etc etc :roll:

Quinn is a grub, the forearm maybe should have been charged, but you aren't exactly going to let yourslef get smashed. As for the swinging arm on Folau there was nothing in that, off the shoulder, Folau milked it. There was probably less in that one then the one Sandow did on Kenny-Dowall last week.

Je$ter said:
As for the swinging arm on Folau there was nothing in that, off the shoulder, Folau milked it.

Agree on this one Jester, though he certainly had intent just not the execution.

Personally would rather Hodgo not play against the Warriors anyway, so week off will be okay for mine. Rest up that shoulder some more.

Watching the game live and on fox, I missed the grapple tackle both times. Was it bad?

Hodges is a tool, I don't know what the solution is because suspensions seem to be no deterrent to him - think of last year. The club needs to do something about his continual idiocy on the field.

I didn't see the Hodges grapple at the game but just saw it on the news, not a LOT in it, but I think a week is fair enough as they are making a big push to completely get it out of the game. But I do hope they stick with the precedent they set.

I hope they DON'T stick with the precedent set in letting Quinn off completely without even a charge - as Coxy said, they are really playing with fire allowing players to lift their non-ball-carrying arm in the tackle like that - no different to the lifting of the knees that they cracked down on a couple of years ago IMO

I dunno what to say about Hodges... haha I can't help but to laugh- this kid has issues.

hodges tackle was dirty he deserves what he gets, how do you sit out pre season because of mental issuses and come back with more mental issues

hodges tackle was dirty he deserves what he gets, how do you sit out pre season because of mental issuses and come back with more mental issues

I think he just needs to cop it this time around and get on with getting himself back on track. We definitely need him vs the Dragons because they always lift for us and Wayne would want to get one up on us for sure!

Jeza23 said:
I think he just needs to cop it this time around and get on with getting himself back on track.

I swear I've said the exact same thing about 10 times now.

Unfortunately I've since realised that some people were just born with the dickhead gene. He got two of them.

But Rocky it was so DUMB. Obviously it looked a lot worse than it really was, but it was so blatant.

It wouldn't have hurt Smith at all, but he came out of it saying WTF??? And so did I.

It's called Hodges flexitime, one week on, one week off.

Just had Ivan on the radio about it. He doesn't sound happy, but it takes up too much time and energy fighting this sort of stuff, so they are happy to just cop it on the chin.

i think hes lucky with his record to only get 1 week

2 weeks in and hodges already suspended again for something completely stupid and avoidable. don't know when this bloke will ever learn.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  • Broncs1459
  • RogerAbrah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.