Hodges Facing Suspension

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
BRONCOS centre Justin Hodges faces another two weeks on the sidelines after being charged with "derogatory" behaviour towards an NRL match official.
Hodges, who returned only two weeks ago from a six-week suspension for a dangerous throw, will miss this week's away clash with the Warriors unless he successfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

The fiery Test centre smiled as he gestured to his eyes when talking to referee Tony Archer during Sunday's 34-6 win over the Canberra Raiders at Suncorp Stadium.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24125654-10389,00.html

Anyone here listernt to DMX at all "Here We go Again"

he must have some slight injury and wants a rest without looking week

What an absolute tool. I didn't notice that incident but people have commented on it. Unbelievable.

He could argue it wasn't directed at the ref.

Can they prove he was.

He was smiling at the time. [icon_lol1.

Hodges is going to be on the sidelines for a few weeks.

It doesn't deserve 2 weeks!

I have seen players from other teams actually pull on the ref's jersey recently!! This is utter crap. If he doesn't get off this it will be yet another joke.

Yes, he did the gesture, it was clear on TV, but so what? Players argue with the ref all the time, why suddenly is a gesture so offensive?

rnabokov said:
He doesn't play for a NSW Club.

I was wondering how long it would take one of you paranoid fellas to come out of your caves.

7 minutes...

You're slipping.

Hodgo is a clown he needs to pull his head in. What he did only deserves a fine if anythin IMO.

If he stuck his finger up at the ref, then fair enough, but reading the article it appears as though the charge was brought about by him pointing to his eyes. What he did was no different to what a lot of players do each weekend and I've never seen any of them charged. Surely when a players yells 'f##k off' in the refs general direction after he awards a penalty should be considered way more derogatory and that happens nearly each and every time a penalty is awarded!

Didn't Andrew Johns get in trouble for abusing the ref and then get off the first time? and it was a way worse offence, I think the 2nd time he copped it ....but the first time.....?????

The fact that it's even made it into an article is a joke.

Absolutely nothing in it.

he pointed to his eyes and then to the touchies and then clapped in the direction of the touchie.... he can argue he was congratulating the touchie for picking up the forward pass... if that warrants 2weeks the games become a farce, especcially when you see stuff like Talaupapa charging at Tongue off the ball while cronulla are in possesion and tongue is forced from the field with rib cartlage damage and subsequently misses a couple of weeks and Talaupapa isnt even cited....??? Our game is run by idiots and its hard to choose between who is worse, annsley who is responsible for this crap or maccalum who comes out in the papers and says theres no rule in the nrl stopping other nrl clubs talking to hunt 16months before he comes off contract and saying bruno is wrong? how can we have any faith in them when they dont even know the rules when its their job....?

Yet, if you say to the refs face, "You're off your head" twice, they think it's funny and make it into a t-shirt.

Absolutely ridiculous, I couldn't believe it when I read it. Archer has always been bad for the broncs though...

On the other hand, Hodges probably needs to pull his head in a bit. To do something like that with his reputation and this close to the finals... well, I bet WB isn't impressed.

Sorry, but Hodges is starting to get alot of this shit into his game again.. Sure, you can niggle and throw a few words at the opposition but he's starting to become a grub again IMO. If he was in a Roosters jersey still you'd all see it.

Agreed mal. Not surprised by this and hope it's (another) wake up call to him to cut the crap.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • jd87
  • Fatboy
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.