Hodges -v- Henjak

cameo

BRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Jeez, I hope this is a beat-up. From "The Mole" column in RLW today:

"Controversial centre Justin Hodges hasn’t been a happy camper at the Broncos over the summer.
Apart from his six-month sabbatical to sort out some personal issues, Hodges is not a fan of new
coach Ivan Henjak’s tough approach to discipline. Stand by for a showdown in the near future."

To be blunt, Hodges needs to harden the fack up, cop Henjak's 'disciplined' regime', and focus on footy.

Probably just BS, trying to make something of Hodges' absence recently. I'll take it with a pinch of salt

Ivan: No toilet sex with strangers!
Justin: I HATE YOU! WHERE'S WAYNE

Scotty said:
Probably just BS, trying to make something of Hodges' absence recently. I'll take it with a pinch of salt

Yep. 'The Mole' is hardly ever correct from what i can gather.

If there was anything in it, we'd have heard from a more reliable source by now IMO.

I thought they were good mates? One game last year they were joking around after a try when Henjak was a trainer and one of the commentators commented on what good mates they were. :S

ningnangnong said:
Scotty said:

Yep. 'The Mole' is hardly ever correct from what i can gather.

If there was anything in it, we'd have heard from a more reliable source by now IMO.

I beg to differ nnn the mole is usually on the money, though on saying that if he is saying 6 months (wasn't it 6 weeks) it could be a beat-up, though Justin does need to pull his head in and play football and stop the partying. No doubt for mine his ongoing injury problems are a result of his not looking after his body ie. partying to hard to often, not rehabing properly after games etc.

I'd love to see Justin back to his best but, on saying that he certainly has never been up in my top 10 current players ever so would rather what is best for the team and cutting him if that is the decision.

Hodges needs to pull his head in fullstop, IMO. Hopefully not a lot in this, but fair dinkum - who would be a coach? You could deadset count the number of NRL players who act like adults on one hand.

Wasn't Hodges happy to be back to training and excited about this year? thats what i have heard. he talked to the team everyday by phone when he was away.

Like most people do in everyday work life I'm sure they have their good days and bad days... sure they would clash bad some days but others I recon they'd be right on par. Only takes one bad day for the mole to run a story like this, may not mean things are necesarilly that bad. From what I've seen of both their personalities I recon they definetly would clash at times.

I actually saw Hodges on the news at training the other day and he was joking, smiling, laughing...I mentioned that it was the first time in a while I'd seen footage of him looking that happy at training so I'm taking this with a large grain of salt.

Emma said:
I actually saw Hodges on the news at training the other day and he was joking, smiling, laughing...I mentioned that it was the first time in a while I'd seen footage of him looking that happy at training so I'm taking this with a large grain of salt.
I agree Emma. I saw him at the fan day and he was a lot more sociable than a couple of others. Incidentally, I also had a chat with Henjak who came across very approachable and happy to talk to the fans, have his picture taken with the kids, etc.

Will give Justin the benefit of the doubt but really his last 2 seasons have been dead set ordinary. What's happened to him since his unbelievable 2006 season? There have been simply too many on field brain explosions and horrible decision making. He needs to get back to his best this season. Hopefully he's managed to sort out his personal issues and comes back fresh. I keep thinking back to that stunning run against Canterbury in the semi-final which set up Tate in the corner. I hope that wasn't the last time we see him in full flight.

Steve said:
Will give Justin the benefit of the doubt but really his last 2 seasons have been dead set ordinary. What's happened to him since his unbelievable 2006 season? There have been simply too many on field brain explosions and horrible decision making. He needs to get back to his best this season. Hopefully he's managed to sort out his personal issues and comes back fresh. I keep thinking back to that stunning run against Canterbury in the semi-final which set up Tate in the corner. I hope that wasn't the last time we see him in full flight.

Berrigan. [icon_razz1

I agree though, after 2006 he just never seemed to deliver in the big matches. He seems to choke almost as much as Matt Orford.

I don't think he has been ordinary. People see it that way because he's not playing at the same high standards he set for himself in 2006.

I'd still have Hodges over a number of other players in the competition. He is class.

Steve said:
he was one of our stand outs in 2007 when he was on the paddock...didn't you remember Hodges v King at Melbourne? He pwned everyone got motm on a losing side. Last year he let us down, but 05,06,07 he was quality.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.