Hodges -v- Henjak

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I don't think he has been ordinary. People see it that way because he's not playing at the same high standards he set for himself in 2006.

Nah. His performances in terms of footy have been fine. People are over the constant brain explosions! I think he spent at least a third of the year suspended in 2008, and when he returned he was still niggling and looking to push the envelope. He really just needs to calm down.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
Steve said:
Will give Justin the benefit of the doubt but really his last 2 seasons have been dead set ordinary. What's happened to him since his unbelievable 2006 season? There have been simply too many on field brain explosions and horrible decision making. He needs to get back to his best this season. Hopefully he's managed to sort out his personal issues and comes back fresh. I keep thinking back to that stunning run against Canterbury in the semi-final which set up Tate in the corner. I hope that wasn't the last time we see him in full flight.

Berrigan. [icon_razz1

I agree though, after 2006 he just never seemed to deliver in the big matches. He seems to choke almost as much as Matt Orford.

bah I thought I was wrong but thought I'd try it anyway. Super try that one.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
I really think this is a non issue & it doesn't help anyone having a shot at him. Hodges only saw a 3rd of last year because of suspensions and injuries, even when he was on the paddock he was still very dangerous. He is one of the very few players in the NRL who is capable of breaking the line anytime he gets the ball. He can do things that others just can't. 05-07 form has been his best and its only natural that he will have a couple of down moments like any player after setting such a high standard for himself 3 years straight. 2008 was that rough patch for Justin & we could see he wasn't himself, for what reasons we won't know, but thats entirely personal & I think he should be given benefit of the doubt & not be criticised because of 1 up & down year where he didnt perform as consistently as the previous 3. We can carry on about the sh*t in his game, but Justin has always had that aggression in him, thats the way he plays. A couple of spear tackles (1 very bad) and a half arsed up yours gesture to the ref in 2008 along with injury not letting him play and now he needs to pull his head in? Let him play his way, im sure he knows not to let the aggression get the better of him in 2009.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I'm with you Beale...I don't even think his tackle on Riddell was that bad, he was just getting one up on the Eels after Haynes brain snap and even though it looked bad, he was doing it for the team.

I bet there is no other centre in the competition that a half or five-eight wants on a kick chase than Hodges, because of the way he can get to the fullback/winger and trap him in goal. No-one is better at that than Hodgo!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, has the Mole ever been right about anything? He's an absolute tosser that lives behind a stupid alias and does nothing but make damaging rumours of absolutely no substance. He's a **** of the highest order, whoever he is.

I'm as harsh on Hodges as anyone, but this is a joke that he's had his relationship with Henjak questioned like this.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Isn't he the wanker from Channel 9? I thought they introduced him on the Footy Show one night as the mole.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Danny Weidler...he's a mole. A cancerous one.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I dunno Russo, I'd say he's at best 50% correct and perhaps less than that.

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
I don't think you should confuse Hodges playing ability with his brain explosions. Sure he missed some games in the last couple years but the ones he did play he was always class. He's one of the rare centers that genuinly set up their own try's. THeres only a couple others I can say regularly do that, i.e. falou, Gaznier (not no more mind you!) are a couple. Most centres just try to push out wide and dump the ball onto their winger to try to work the majic. I still rate him as one of the best centres in the world.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Not so sure all the games he played he was "class". Quite a lot of MIA from what I saw.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
But I think that's the point Assassin - he may be class but he has to actually be playing to be class and people are just sick of his stupid on-field behaviour leading to penalties and suspensions - we'd all just prefer to watch him play to the best of his ability.

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008
Justin appears to have natural athletic ability but very little useable grey matter.
A dumb guy who can play football.
In many ways, that is a dangerous combination.
The media reports suggest there are many like him.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I don't believe the story.

It did say 6 weeks, not 6 months.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.