"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

If the Dogs offer him both a better deal and the number one spot, he is as good as gone.

There's no question they'd offer him more money ... that's what the Bulldogs do.

They are after a fullback too so i can see where he'd be tempted to go.

Some idiot on the Roar reckons he's a done deal for Souths at centre. Tell him he's dreamin'.

Thats the most idiotic thing I have heard. Was that bunniesman? That guys a sped, you heard it here first

Has anyone seen any actual proof that Hoffman is unhappy? It's just hearsay. He's already said he doesn't care where he plays.

Adam Lucious loses any credibility he has (not that he had much) when he claims that the acquisition of mills and Vidot would mean he can't make the side. The wing is hoffmans if he wants it.

I'm surprised that everyone is happy to see this article. I'm a huge critic when it comes to Hoffman and don't think he should be in the number 1 jersey. But to see this said through the media rather than in private, i think it's poor form from Hodges.

You really think he wouldn't have talked to him about it before this article came out?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be funny if Hoffman leaves, takes all these words to heart, works on his passing instincts (and support play for good measure) and becomes an excellent modern fullback?

You really think he wouldn't have talked to him about it before this article came out?

Probably, but what I'm saying is, leave it out of the media. Don't talk about the shortcomings of your team mates in the press.

Wouldn't it be funny if Hoffman leaves, takes all these words to heart, works on his passing instincts (and support play for good measure) and becomes an excellent modern fullback?

No, not really.

Pretty sure I didn't. Just mentioning it, as you have again.

I was giving context to the other rubbish claims of him going to dogs/anywhere else.

The definition of credence is very different to what I said.

CCR Baby!

Has anyone seen any actual proof that Hoffman is unhappy? It's just hearsay. He's already said he doesn't care where he plays.

There have been all these articles and reports of Hoffman being unhappy about Barba (a good mate of his BTW) signing with us, yet i have not read or seen a direct quote from Hoffman confirming this or saying he wants to leave for the opportunity to play full back.

The only quote from him that i have read said that he is contracted for two more years and he intends to see out the contract before making a decision on his future.

Honestly I don't think so. Of all the people in the team, it would be easiest for him to hear that from Hodges. The fact that he's advocating the same strategy of switching fullbacks for different field positions is a plus for Hodges, and shows that Hoffman really only needs that passing game in order to be considered a viable fullback. Hoffman himself knows exactly what he needs to do - if he can't, then he really can't complain, as it's obviously in the Broncos' fullback job description.
Agree, although I think he also needs to learn to time himself better in sweeping moves, as he often gets tackled just as he receives the ball. I don't think he has it in him to be honest, but I hope he proves me wrong!

I really can't see Barba and Hoffman swapping roles during any games.

Unlike when Hodges took over when in attack, Barba is more than enough of a playmaker to handle the duties himself .... so thereby leaving Hoffman on the wing.

Just my 2 cents .....
Obviously, the idea is to use Hoffman for defensive duties as fullback and Barba as the offensive fullback...

Agree, although I think he also needs to learn to time himself better in sweeping moves, as he often gets tackled just as he receives the ball. I don't think he has it in him to be honest, but I hope he proves me wrong!

Obviously, the idea is to use Hoffman for defensive duties as fullback and Barba as the offensive fullback...
I don't like the idea of Barba at wing defusing bombs.

Bar Hodgo, Hoffman is our best back. Kids got heart.

It would be devastating to lose him. I would go so far as to say I'd rather not sign Barba if I knew it would lead to Hoffman leaving.

Going into 2014, I predict we'll see him at right centre. I'd rather that than Kahu at this stage.

He likes the idea of playing fullback and bobbing up whenever he wants but that's not all there is to the job.

He could be score 25+ tries if Barba is firing down the left side.

Yes it would be, it's easier to defuse with some backup at fullback than to face guys like Daniel Tupou one on one on the wing.

Barba's strength is his broken field play, have him at fullback returning the ball, and then Hoffman out of dummy half the next play.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • something
  • Financeguy
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • blacknwhite
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Brotherdu
  • Tim K
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.