"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Great attitude from Hoffy, and as i've maintained since we signed Barba, the articles suggesting Hoffman was unhappy and looking to leave to play fullback, yet contain ZERO quotes from Hoffman himself to back up these suggestions. Many people (including many people on here) seem to be believing everything written in these articles and then go on rants about Hoffman whinging about losing full back and saying he has a poor attitude.

The only quotes we do see from Hoffman say while he would be disappointed if he did lose the fullback position, he will see out his contract and work hard to try to win back fullback. and that he will play where needed next season.

FTR, Hoffman has every right to be disappointed about losing his favourite position, but he is a professional and will play where we need him in 2014.

I see ....so the moral of the story is, what's written in the paper is to be believed only when it strengthens an individual's personal opinion.

Got it......:top:

I see ....so the moral of the story is, what's written in the paper is to be believed only when it strengthens an individual's personal opinion.

Truthfully... Is that really what you got from that post?

you truly are an idiot if thats what you got from my post. :rolleyes:

what i said was the journalists in the "Hoffman is upset about Barba coming to the Broncos" articles made these claims without a single quote from him, his manager or any one the even appears close to him, to back up their story and many people have taken something that was likely written to sell newspapers as gospel and as if it came from Hoffmans mouth. and I guarantee you if he had said something even close to being along those lines, the journalists would have published the quote.

so since there was no quote i can only assume that he never mentioned anything to support the theory that he doesn't want Barba to play for the Broncos. him saying he would be disappointed to lose fullback is a far cry from him apparently not wanting Barba at the club.

and since you seem to believe EVERYTHING the papers print then you must believe that Peter Wallace is a star player (i read that in the papers this year) and that Lowrie, Vidot and Mills are GUN signings for the Broncos rather than just depth signings. :rolleyes:

You're using the new article (one you're in favour of) to damn an article written some time ago. (an article you weren't in favour of)

That's where your double standards lie.

You're using the new article (one you're in favour of) to damn an article written some time ago. (an article you weren't in favour of)

That's where your double standards lie.

no i'm using an article with QUOTES from the player to condemn an article that is pure speculation at best. if the article claiming he wasn't happy with Barba coming had quotes from Hoffman or someone close to him (like his manager) that would be a different story.

I personally don't believe everything i read in the papers. i find it especially hard to believe an article telling me how someone feels without anything to back up the article like a quote. to me it is just sloppy journalism at best.

Star is overused these days, according to the media anyone who is a permanent 1st grader is a star player.

Personally, and I think that is where Foordy is coming from, I will give much more cred to articles containing QUOTES from the player, than just articles containing guess work and speculation from a journo.

quotes or no quotes doesn't make much difference to an article. Articles without quotes are ridiculously unreliable and they only get things right because they speculate on everything and eventually hit a real story. But articles with quotes also don't mean much these days because every player gets so much media training and just speak in cliches ... which is why a really candid interview from Hodges is so rare and interesting to see. Even if Hoffman was really upset about not playing at fullback, I doubt he or his manager would be dumb enough to admit that to a journalist ...

but all the stuff about Hoffman being unhappy seems like a storm in a teacup to me. it is just article after article without any substance. but because the story gets repeated so often (usually just referencing the previous article written by the same people), it seems to gain credibility.

Honestly, I think people should just look at Hoffman's actions rather than what gets written in the papers: he is a homegrown Bronco and he has been with us since day 1. he worked his way up the organisation the hard way and has put in some great performances over the years. He was shit in 2012 and obviously struggled with the increased muscle that the training staff had him add ... but to his credit he admitted how poor he has been and has fought back and been one of our best players this year. And despite what was written in the papers (about not liking the wing), he played in every position Hook asked him to and gave 100%, regardless of whether he was in his favourite position, being shunted to the wing or being used as a stopgap in the centres. He is still contracted to us, hasn't been talking about moving and has expressed a desire to stay with the Broncos and play 100 games with us.

Personally, I love that and I'm proud to see Hoffman in a Broncos outfit. I think people should think about all of that a bit more before they jump on Hoffman's back the next time the Mole claims that Hoffman has cracked the shits about not being the #1 fullback at the club ...

Hoffman will be staying with the Broncos and at this stage is not looking to go anywhere. Broncos are confident at the end of his contract he will sign again as well. Don't believe everything you read.

You seem to be speaking with authoritah on things such as these and the young halves. Like the rest if us I'm hoping your info is correct.

Hoffman will be staying with the Broncos and at this stage is not looking to go anywhere. Broncos are confident at the end of his contract he will sign again as well. Don't believe everything you read.

Copy that. 10-4 rubber ducky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go : No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

JOSH Hoffman has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos, telling coach Anthony Griffin he is disillusioned and weighing up his future at the club.The Courier-Mail can reveal Hoffman wants out of Brisbane, with the Kiwi Test star's management holding crisis talks with Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee on Monday.
Gee scuppered any prospect of an immediate release, pointing out Hoffman is contracted to the Broncos until the end of 2015.
But the stance is only likely to ignite tensions with Hoffman, who ironically was named Brisbane's best back at their awards night just a fortnight ago.
The meeting came three days after veteran Broncos centre Justin Hodges made a surprise public critique of Hoffman, saying he should not be Brisbane's fullback next season.

Hoffman is currently in England with New Zealand's World Cup squad and was ropeable at comments which threaten to erode his relationship with Hodges.
The 25-year-old has found himself on uneasy terrain at Red Hill since August, when the club signed Ben Barba, who is set to be Brisbane's first-choice fullback in 2014.
Despite being the Kiwis' chief custodian, Hoffman was shunted to the Broncos wing last season to accommodate Corey Norman and only returned to fullback when Norman was dropped late in the year.
Hoffman ideally wants to be Brisbane's long-term fullback but with Barba on deck from next season, he is reluctant to spend the rest of his Broncos career on the wing.

Gee last night made it clear the Broncos would not be granting a release. "Over the last 12 months there has been a lot of innuendo about Josh Hoffman for a number of reasons," he said.
"The fact is Josh is signed to the club until the end of 2015.
"Josh has never indicated to us personally that he wants to leave. Everytime we have talked to him, he says he wants to stay here.
"Josh will be at this club until his contract runs out in 2015."
Hoffman is one of the club's most popular servants, winning the supporters' player-of-the-year gong at the Broncos' recent awards night.
But there has been growing tension. Last year, Hoffman was dropped by Griffin for being late to a weigh-in session.
The Mackay product was happy to accept the decision, but later felt aggrieved when a Broncos colleague escaped punishment for arriving late to a video session.
Hoffman's manager Paul Hogan has fielded inquiries from two NRL rivals but hopes his client can find a resolution with the Broncos.
"Josh feels he is one of the top fullbacks and he loves playing there," he said.
"In 2010, he won the Broncos' player of the year as a fullback.
"I've had some conversations with Andrew Gee and the fact is Josh is the New Zealand fullback, but where the Broncos choose to play him is their decision."
Last Friday, Hodges said Hoffman needed to work on his passing game to flourish at the back.
"Hoffy is a great player, but at the moment I don't think he is the right guy for fullback," he said.
"He's one of the best runners I have seen with the football, but he just has to work on his passing game. That's where I think he falls down.
"You look at guys like Greggy (Inglis) and Billy (Slater), all the great fullbacks we have in our game, they have those real fast hands.
"And Hoffy just hasn't learned that yet."

What a spoiled brat pissing and moaning when he doesn't get his own way. I'll be extremely mad if he chickens out and leaves.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Skathen
  • Alec
  • Culhwch
  • armchair
  • FACTHUNT
  • mitch222
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • heartly87
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.