"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
Im happy for old mate to leave tbh, either that or he needs to grow a pair. Players of today are so precious.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
As usual, our thinking is the same. Quality post
@nopatience101 that's a shame.

Would you like to meet our latest clone?

More a case of thinking alike ;)

I just went over my posts and it must have been a comment I made on the Roar. Reviewing my posts here, it seems I agree with just about everything you say - brother from another mother hah!

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
When did Justin Hodges become so mature and such a leader? Great to see.
As an outsider I see it completely differently, very immature and poor leadership from Hodges. This should've been done responsibly, professionally and in a caring manner, ie behind closed doors not through the press, very poor form IMO

Russell Coight

Russell Coight

QCup Player
Jul 10, 2013
As an outsider I see it completely differently, very immature and poor leadership from Hodges. This should've been done responsibly, professionally and in a caring manner, ie behind closed doors not through the press, very poor form IMO

Whose to say it wasn't done behind closed doors also? and in a last ditch attempt to get his attention he spoke with the media? I dislike your input more then i dislike the raiders.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Agreed, that stuff needs to stay out of the media and stay in the dressing sheds.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

Although I would normally agree with what you said, in this instance I'm glad Hodges did what he did. Somebody needed to be brutally honest with Hoffman and who better than Hodges as I'm sure he is well respected amongst the younger players.

FWIW, I appreciate your outsider input on these forums, your opinion is obviously biased and from memory you started here as a troll but I think you've come around and you now add something worthwhile to the discussion.

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
Cheers mate.

That sort of airing dirty laundry though is the sort of thing that could cost respect and trust amongst team mates though, they wouldn't know if he'll say something like that about them next, best kept for the sheds IMO

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
maybe the club can get its $300k transfer/compensation fee back from the dogs :)

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Cheers mate.

That sort of airing dirty laundry though is the sort of thing that could cost respect and trust amongst team mates though, they wouldn't know if he'll say something like that about them next, best kept for the sheds IMO

Agreed......

Hodges should be keeping his mouth shut to the media.

I felt the same about that bullshit with him wanting to put his hand up to play 5/8.

Puhleeasse.....:rolleyes:

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
still there is no quotes from hoffman and his in the UK for the WC. i am of the belief this is just media beat up.

as for hodges saying it publicly.. i feel like people are overreacting. he just said that hoffy doesnt have the passing game and well we did sign the dally m player of the year in 2012 to be fullbakc

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I keep hearing the theme song for Pinky and the Brain, with brain saying, "We're going to take over the world!".

We are already waaaay in to that plan, don't you worry.

Grimmiq

Grimmiq

NYC Player
Apr 3, 2013
My issue with Hoffman, is that everything he does well at fullback, he can do the exact same thing from the wing. He's good at running lines, he runs hard and his kick returns are good..but he has no ball-playing and rarely runs in support (I don't recall ever seeing him anywhere near Parker with any of his offloads at fullback).

If he wants to go, I say let him, an extra 300k we can put towards Milford or DCE. Reed,Hodges,Copley,Vidot,Oates,Mills,Yow Yeh,Byrnes and Drew should be able to cover centre/wing next year, sure it'd be nice to have him there, but not if he doesn't want to be.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
He's ripe for the picking from the Cowboys or Bulldogs.

Barba shouldn't be a walk up start.

But I can't see Barba playing QCup AND Hook also keeping his job.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, Hodges is even less suited for 5/8th then Hoffman is for fullback, lol.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Meninga is right though .... we shouldn't weaken a position to 'try' and strengthen another.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
still there is no quotes from hoffman and his in the UK for the WC. i am of the belief this is just media beat up.

For what reason are they continuing to single out Hoffman?

Surely there's a Canberra player out there up to no good and would be more deserving of such public persecution.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
For what reason are they continuing to single out Hoffman?

Surely there's a Canberra player out there up to no good and would be more deserving of such public persecution.

Because there's reactions and curiosity. If a Raiders player was doing something there wouldn't be a reaction like this.

Unread

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.