"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the only quote in that article is from his manager saying he has fielded offers, still nothing about him wanting to leave.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If it's true he can **** off. No one is bigger than the club, they should all want what's best for the team.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
These rumours aren't going to go away until he either confirms or denies them personally. He doesn't seem interested in doing either though.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
These rumours aren't going to go away until he either confirms or denies them personally. He doesn't seem interested in doing either though.

The rumours are never going to go away while there are still people willing to believe anything they are told by 'unnamed sources'.

Hoffman has already said that he is happy at the Broncos and wants to play 100 games with us but that wasn't sufficient to scuttle these rumours earlier in the year ... what makes you think him coming out and saying that again will change anything?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Where's there's smoke there's fire.

This "story" just won't go away. Some of you expect us to believe that the media continue making this up about Hoffman

.......it's an extraordinary smear campaign if that's the case.

Questions remains....why?

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
There is a reason Gee says 'personally', his manager asked for a release this week.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
He should ring Beale and asking how leaving to play fullback at the Dragons worked out..

He doesn't have to spend the rest of his career on the wing, he could turn out to be a great centre.

Last edited:
Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Brisbane star Josh Hoffman drops a bombshell on the Broncos

JOSH Hoffman has dropped a bombshell on the Broncos, telling coach Anthony Griffin he is disillusioned and weighing up his future at the club.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Hoffman wants out of Brisbane, with the Kiwi Test star's management holding crisis talks with Broncos operations chief Andrew Gee on Monday.

Gee scuppered any prospect of an immediate release, pointing out Hoffman is contracted to the Broncos until the end of 2015.

But the stance is only likely to ignite tensions with Hoffman, who ironically was named Brisbane's best back at their awards night just a fortnight ago.

The meeting came three days after veteran Broncos centre Justin Hodges made a surprise public critique of Hoffman, saying he should not be Brisbane's fullback next season.

Hoffman is currently in England with New Zealand's World Cup squad and was ropeable at comments which threaten to erode his relationship with Hodges.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...l-on-the-broncos/story-fni3gv5x-1226746262137

He can piss off, so sick of players who think they are bigger than the club.

So Hodges just says what he is thinking & Hoffman can't handle it & may not be his friend any more.

Last edited:
Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
What a dickhead. Anyone with half a brain can tell he isn't cut out to be a modern day fullback. Has zero ball playing ability. I actually thought he would be happy to be a winger/centre but obviously he rates himself too highly for that.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Just putting it out there, but is Hoffman a victim of the fact that our halves suck? I mean, yeah, you could argue that Lockyer could make any fullback look good, but are we using Barba's ball-playing skills to counter-act that we still don't have a decent halves pairing?

A couple of examples. Warriors with Johnson & Maloney = Locke looks awesome. Maloney swapped for an old has-been = Locke looks way off & they chase the pom. Rooters - Pearce (yeah, ew) + Carney = Mini looks great. Pearce + Anasta = Mini looks too old. Pearce + Maloney = Mini is a premiership-winning fullback. Lockyer + Wallace = Hoffman is our best back. Wallace + Norman = Hoffman is useless. Wallace + Prince = Hoffman is the talk of the town.

The counter-argument is that if there's nothing you can do about your halves (yet, anyway) then if you can compensate at fullback it's a good strategy. But you have to feel sorry, at least a little, that Hoffman loses his spot because the club can't find a decent half.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Just putting it out there, but is Hoffman a victim of the fact that our halves suck? I mean, yeah, you could argue that Lockyer could make any fullback look good, but are we using Barba's ball-playing skills to counter-act that we still don't have a decent halves pairing?

A couple of examples. Warriors with Johnson & Maloney = Locke looks awesome. Maloney swapped for an old has-been = Locke looks way off & they chase the pom. Rooters - Pearce (yeah, ew) + Carney = Mini looks great. Pearce + Anasta = Mini looks too old. Pearce + Maloney = Mini is a premiership-winning fullback. Lockyer + Wallace = Hoffman is our best back. Wallace + Norman = Hoffman is useless. Wallace + Prince = Hoffman is the talk of the town.

The counter-argument is that if there's nothing you can do about your halves (yet, anyway) then if you can compensate at fullback it's a good strategy. But you have to feel sorry, at least a little, that Hoffman loses his spot because the club can't find a decent half.

Great post Morkel.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, I tend to agree, Morkel. This is definitely a symptom of our bungled halves non-strategy, or at least non-successful strategy. I raised this exact same argument somewhere else the other day.

I'm sure I got the idea from you then ;)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
More a case of thinking alike ;)

I just went over my posts and it must have been a comment I made on the Roar. Reviewing my posts here, it seems I agree with just about everything you say - brother from another mother hah!

Just found that post on the Roar that I was referring to:

symbolsoup said | October 18th 2013 @ 12:29pm | Report comment

It wasn’t hard to show up Norman, I can’t believe I actually feel sorry for the eels.

Hoffman is almost the perfect fullback, the problem is our halves. If we had decent play-making halves, we wouldn’t necessarily need a ball playing fullback. Hoff would be ideal, as long as he continued to work on his couple of shortcomings.

So in short, we have about 5 fullbacks and 1 half – broncos management need to give themselves an uppercut.

Well that's just scary.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
And another good fullback coming through the 20s
Yes Hoffmans ball playing ability is at least the equal of Mini probably better but I still think you are better with an extra ball player especially if he has the speed to split the line also. Imagine how dominant the Roosters would have been with another ball player at the back

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
The article in the CM is a load of shit. I weep for the future of journalism seriously, these guys seriously write unsubstantiated drivel.

They've quoted a conversation with Gee (which is obviously unsolicited "So Andrew what are your thoughts about Josh Hoffman") and extrapolated that to mean Hoffman has voiced his anger about the Barba signing.

True, Hoffy is our best player and one of the fan favourites.

But this team needs a creator, not a ball runner which is Hoffy's strength.

Hoffy will never get the service he needs to shine as a "support runner fullback" at the Broncos with our current halves prospects and play structure.

That's why Hodges was put back there in attack.

That's why we bought Barba.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

As usual, our thinking is the same. Quality post
[MENTION=1755]nopatience101[/MENTION] that's a shame.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.