How Broncos lured Isaako from Sharks

I don't think we've ever had a seriously good kicker since we came into the comp. They've all been around the 70 - 80% mark. It would be good to have a kicker like El Mazri, Halligan or Cleary.

You know El Masri's career percentage was 81.97% right?

Kahu's best was only 2% off and he has still improvement in him.

I can still remember my old man telling me as a kid to practice my goal kicking, because no matter how bad a player you are, if you never miss a kick you'll be an NRL player "just like Halligan".

Turns out I couldn't kick my way out of a wet paper bag.
I couldn’t kick either. Come to think of it, wasn’t too crash hot at tackling or running either.
But boy I was great at everything else...

EL Masri kicked 957 to Jordan kahu's 146.

El Masri kicked goals far longer that Kahu ... you can't compare El Masri's final number to that of Kahu at the start of his career

Kahu is already kicking better than what El Masri did at the same stage and he has more improvement in him.

We're fine in the goal kicking department.

Gee dealing with Banaghan, gutsy.

Bennett banned him for years after the Hodges affair. Wouldn't have anything to do with him. Then Banaghan was busted during the Warriors and managed Smith too until 2010.

I can still remember my old man telling me as a kid to practice my goal kicking, because no matter how bad a player you are, if you never miss a kick you'll be an NRL player "just like Halligan".

Turns out I couldn't kick my way out of a wet paper bag.

I fluked a beautiful sideline conversion for try outs, got made the kicker but from then on couldn't even get the ball off the ground

I couldn’t kick either. Come to think of it, wasn’t too crash hot at tackling or running either.
But boy I was great at everything else...

I had a junior soccer background and was pretty sprightly over the turf, so I could kick alright (in general play and place kicks) and I could pin my ears back and head for the corner, but that was about the extent of my league talents, much as I loved playing the game, but we’re being honest.

Distance running and cross-country was more my go. Still is really.

I’m training to go under 1:25hrs at this years Gold Coast half marathon.

he won't ... Kahu will get it back when he returns

I would say it's Isaako's to lose. If he's nailing them around the %80 or over mark when Kahu is fit then why take it off him? Unless he isn't in the 17 of course.

I had a junior soccer background and was pretty sprightly over the turf, so I could kick alright (in general play and place kicks) and I could pin my ears back and head for the corner, but that was about the extent of my league talents, much as I loved playing the game, but we’re being honest.

Not going to lie, I was just being stupid in a self deprecating way.
I’m by no means great at any sports, but also not a gumby.
Trouble is, it’s sometimes hard to convey that online. As such, I’m not sure if you’re doing the same or not - haha, sorry :biggrin:
If you’re being serious though, good luck with the half marathon!

I would say it's Isaako's to lose. If he's nailing them around the %80 or over mark when Kahu is fit then why take it off him? Unless he isn't in the 17 of course.

Kahu nails them at 80% too ...

Thing that always pissed me off about Ben Hunt is that I used to go up the local field and kick a footy around all the time. By the age of 10 or 11 I could land field goals from 15 metres out pretty much every time in my bare feet. Yeah I know bit of a difference at a packed Suncorp with off-side fuckers running at you but still, I've never even seen him land one.

Not going to lie, I was just being stupid in a self deprecating way.
I’m by no means great at any sports, but also not a gumby.
Trouble is, it’s sometimes hard to convey that online. As such, I’m not sure if you’re doing the same or not - haha, sorry :biggrin:
If you’re being serious though, good luck with the half marathon!

Yep, legit. I’ve gone that fast only once before in my life but I’m getting back to pretty good fitness so I hope I’ll be able to do it again.

Always been my goal to go under 80 minutes for a half, but at 41 that might be wishful thinking now...

Yep, legit. I’ve gone that fast only once before in my life but I’m getting back to pretty good fitness so I hope I’ll be able to do it again.

Always been my goal to go under 80 minutes for a half, but at 41 that might be wishful thinking now...
Good for you, I hope you get under 80!

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Mr Fourex
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Reds2011
  • Redfern_1980
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • porouian
  • johnny plath
  • jarro65
  • Waynesaurus
  • Alec
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.