How many players will NSW drop?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Lost the game by the point, played well in periods and held the Maroons out when they weren't.

So how fickle will the selectors be?

I'm going with 4 new faces.

Bye Bye Hodkinson.

Lost the game by the point, played well in periods and held the Maroons out when they weren't.

So how fickle will the selectors be?

I'm going with 4 new faces.

Bye Bye Hodkinson.
Pierce errors at crucible times. Jennings cannot contain hodges

I'll go with 3. One of them being for an impact player off the bench.

Jackson, Pearce, Tupou.

Jackson won't be there. Fifita SHOULDN'T be there. Hodkinson could be gone too.

Depends on new faces too btw. Gallen will replace someone....likely Fatfita or Jackson. Tupou did nothing, neither did Hoppa. The obvious replacement for one is Borris.

I didn't think Jackson played to badly I don't think that many players would be dropped only 1 point separated the teams ffs. Pearce will cop a lot after the game but I didn't think he played badly, Hodkinson could possibly be dropped but you wouldn't want to shaft the team like what happened years ago.

Surely Tupou has to be a casualty.

He has delivered very little at Origin level and he cost NSW tonight when Chambers scored. Too much focus on Hodges and not the outside man. I thought Hodges was covered. Jennings was there and Dugan was there, as well.

He nearly stuffed up again not long after, only just managed to knock the ball dead.

Daley has said both halves will be there for Game Two plus Gallen will be back so it's all upside for Queensland, really.

No way will Hodgkinson be there next game. Tupou should be gone too, soft as.

1432732524205.jpg
10:43pm:
[h=2]Daley: Halves Will Be Retained[/h]New South Wales coach Laurie Daley has offered a cast-iron guarantee that halves Mitchell Pearce and Trent Hodkinson will be retained for Origin II.
Speaking after an 11-10 loss to Queensland, he said his halves, "really combined well. They will be there for game two."
Summing up the reasons for defear, he said "possession hurt us". He was asked about the failure to shoot for field goal when one was in the offing. "It's a difficult one ... in the heat of the battle, under fatigue."
Asked about the performance of his players overall, he said: "I thought they all went great
"We'll take plenty of positives from that. I'm really excited about this team. The thing I liked about our guys tonight is if they made an error they just played on.
"Our defence was great, we proved that."
Copy Link
From the SMH.

Daley is clearly delusional ! Nsw should have won or at least forced extra time. Right in front with three tackles available....total lack of game control. Tupou, gone but really I don't think there will be any others although one of the bench players may disappear for Gallen( total dependant on his fitness and if he gets enough game time)

Borris in for Tupou (but likely Hoppa) and Gallen in for someone. Barring injury of course.

Tupou and hoppa out for bmorris and mansour (if he gets thru next 2 weeks ok ). Fifita for Gallen. Jackson for Lewis. Jennings out, Dugan centre, Moylan fullback. Nsw lack creativity, Moylan gives them that.

From the SMH.

Enjoy handing the shield back you muppet.

Daley will probably name Hayne for Game 2 in hope he flies back to pull something out of his arse to win it for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Splinter
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Ejbroncos
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • thenry
  • Tmac
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Maroon4life
  • Behold
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.