International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Anthonymilford7

Mal Meninga column: Anthony Milford can learn from Michael Morgan

March 1, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
When JT went down, Morgan "Took over the show", and as a result the Cowboys barely made 8th and only did by sheer grit and a healthy dose of luck.

This is supposed to be inspirational to Milf?

Seriously? Why do so many people find it so hard to give the Cows credit for what they achieved last year?

When JT went down, Morgan "Took over the show", and as a result the Cowboys barely made 8th and only did by sheer grit and a healthy dose of luck.

This is supposed to be inspirational to Milf?

End of Round 26, 2017, and the dragqueens are leading the bulldogs by 6, with 10 minutes to go.

Everyone in NQ was switching off the tv and ruefully crossing off a forgetful season -- in which Morgan failed to even make the halves for QLD in game 3 -- despite Thurston being out of the game, and Milf not available.

Seriously? Why do so many people find it so hard to give the Cows credit for what they achieved last year?

because they've been carried by the refs ever since their 'we was robbed' whinging from 12, 13, 14..

But what did he say that was false?

They had one win in the last 6 rounds. They really were deadset average, in fact below average.

And yet made the GF despite not having JT for about half the season. You can certainly argue all the teams in the finals they played fell over at the last hurdle but I don't buy it. No one thought they would get there, no one. Everyone thought they were gone week 1...they weren't. Week 2, they're no chance. Oh, ok well that was lucky. Week 3, that's it it's been fun but we can all move on now, it isn't going to happen...oh, they're in the GF...wow. Blown away in the GF by the side that was three levels above everyone else...they shouldn't have been there, just got lucky, etc.

It is possible...but poor sides do not make Grand Finals under any circumstances, they did an amazing job to get there despite losing their two best players and having very little depth, what a wonderful achievement.

To put it in perspective, I wish the Broncos could be that 'lucky'.

And yet made the GF despite not having JT for about half the season. You can certainly argue all the teams in the finals they played fell over at the last hurdle but I don't buy it. No one thought they would get there, no one. Everyone thought they were gone week 1...they weren't. Week 2, they're no chance. Oh, ok well that was lucky. Week 3, that's it it's been fun but we can all move on now, it isn't going to happen...oh, they're in the GF...wow. Blown away in the GF by the side that was three levels above everyone else...they shouldn't have been there, just got lucky, etc.

It is possible...but poor sides do not make Grand Finals under any circumstances, they did an amazing job to get there despite losing their two best players and having very little depth, what a wonderful achievement.

Keep in mind, they had several players playing busted because they couldn't afford to lose anymore players. Their depth was stretched to it's limit.

They went up against 3 teams that were stronger than them in every way, and still found a way to beat them.

Personally I get annoyed by constantly having to hear spruiking from the media that cows will be unstoppable based solely on last year's finals series.... and it was only the finals series because they were pretty shit house in the regular season going 8W & 9L without Thurston, whilst having a pretty decent back up in TMM.

They will be good but last year's form has zero to do with how they'll play this year. JT will resume control of the team, Morgan will go back to the right edge, lolo will go back to playing 50mins in their middles rotation.

Personally I get annoyed by constantly having to hear spruiking from the media that cows will be unstoppable based solely on last year's finals series.... and it was only the finals series because they were pretty shit house in the regular season going 8W & 9L without Thurston, whilst having a pretty decent back up in TMM.

They will be good but last year's form has zero to do with how they'll play this year. JT will resume control of the team, Morgan will go back to the right edge, lolo will go back to playing 50mins in their middles rotation.

They are actually tweaking Morgan's role in the team so he can play both sides and take more control. He won't be going back to being only the runner playing second fiddle on the right edge.

We'll see more of Morgan, and more of what he did last year.

You can certainly argue all the teams in the finals they played fell over at the last hurdle but I don't buy it.

You don't buy a fact? Parra and Roosters played like arse. Credit to them for beating the Sharks though. We would have smashed them rd26 up in Townsville if it weren't for the refs keeping them in it.

They are actually tweaking Morgan's role in the team so he can play both sides and take more control. He won't be going back to being only the runner playing second fiddle on the right edge.

We'll see more of Morgan, and more of what he did last year.
We'll see but he was playing first receiver whilst JT was out and he won't be getting that. Also might be tough for him to find room on the left with JT and Coote also out there.

I laugh at some of the comments you guys come up with. Sure the cowboys didn't do so fantastic outright. Yet they made it to the grand final.....and....we didn't.

The point should be this: A fantastic player is able to know when the right times are needed, and a win is a win. Morgan and the cowboys managed both.

The 2011 Warriors would like a word

I laugh at some of the comments you guys come up with. Sure the cowboys didn't do so fantastic outright. Yet they made it to the grand final.....and....we didn't.

The point should be this: A fantastic player is able to know when the right times are needed, and a win is a win. Morgan and the cowboys managed both.

We both got pants by the storm, really don’t see how they did that much better than us. If we were on their side of the finals it would have been us getting pants in the GF.

Because people have re-watched the shit other teams produced against them on their "miracle run". There's a reason everyone was saying they Steven Bradbury'd their way to the GF and it wasn't because they played amazingly to earn it. Every team fell over on the way to the finish line

Active Now

• Reds2011
  • winslow_wong
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.