NEWS How Milf can solve Broncos' biggest issue

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I hate Gallen more than the Cowboys but the error he made in the last minute before they went to extra time was bullshit. He had players all over him and wasn't given a chance to play the ball with 30 seconds to go in front of the sticks. Chances are Maloney kicks the field goal and the 8th place Cowboys tumble out of the Finals in week 1. They are handed opportunity after opportunity because their coach is a sook.

Just because they played in the grand final doesn't mean anyone has to admit they played well to get there because that would be wrong. They were lucky. Also Martin was better than Morgan for 70 minutes of every single game in the finals. They're lucky they had Taumalolo though. He definitely carried them. But wasn't there a shoulder charge that he should have been done for?

Just watched the highlights again and disagree with that. Think he either dropped it cold or was trying to milk but the penalty the Cows got to even it up with a few minutes to go was a load of shit. Dropped ball all day.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
So whether you have to play the most dominant team in the comp in the prelim finals is ‘irrelevant’ as to whether or not you make the grand final eh?

Lol. That will do me...

Absolutely not - because the first 26 rounds give you a chance to place yourself up the ladder. We weren't good enough in the semis last year - they were. What are you arguing for, i do not see your point.

If you want to win the grand final you still have to beat the "top team" at some point right.............

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Just watched the highlights again and disagree with that. Think he either dropped it cold or was trying to milk but the penalty the Cows got to even it up with a few minutes to go was a load of shit. Dropped ball all day.
That's fair. But I don't think he should have to stand up with Taumalolo and Bolton both on top and under him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Verdict- I wish we could play the Roosters in the finals every year

you realize that we played the Roosters in last years finals and LOST to them ... right?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Cows may well have got lucky, I don't think anyone would argue they didn't to be honest. That said, good sides make their own luck and despite not being the best side in the 8 (I don't think anyone could, would or should argue that they were), they hung in, hung in and hung in and fought when every man, woman and dog outside of the side thought they were gone for all money and just making up the numbers.

They were the side that stayed composed while the others 'fell down around them'. Standing up in those key moments are what make the better sides stand out and they did that better than anyone in that finals series last year. No one was going to beat the Storm, we all know that, so I don't think anyone can claim the Cows did better than the Broncs because they both got smashed by them, just one week apart. The Cows did do something the Broncs couldn't though and that is score points.

In any case, this is not about which side was better, this is about not giving credit to a side that did an amazing job to reach a GF despite having massive injuries and a guy in the 7 jersey playing like a genuine halfback when not many thought he actually could. Many thought he was just an average centre, others thought maybe a good fullback. Many thought he shouldn't have been a utility in origin. There was also a suggestion he was 'just a glorified park footballer.'

Was Morgan SOLELY responsible for the Cows making the GF? Definitely not. Was he a big part of it though? Absolutely. Did he surprise everyone by actually being a quality halfback? Stunningly so. Therefore, is he a good example for Milf and Kodi? Let me answer by asking another question, how on earth isn't he?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Absolutely not - because the first 26 rounds give you a chance to place yourself up the ladder. We weren't good enough in the semis last year - they were. What are you arguing for, i do not see your point.

If you want to win the grand final you still have to beat the "top team" at some point right.............

They were only ‘good enough’ because they played teams that shit the bed in the finals, unlike us. If they had our draw, if they had managed to finish 3rd instead of 8th, they would have run into the storm just like we did and that would have been that for the ‘good enough’ Cowboys...

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
The Cows may well have got lucky, I don't think anyone would argue they didn't to be honest. That said, good sides make their own luck and despite not being the best side in the 8 (I don't think anyone could, would or should argue that they were), they hung in, hung in and hung in and fought when every man, woman and dog outside of the side thought they were gone for all money and just making up the numbers.

They were the side that stayed composed while the others 'fell down around them'. Standing up in those key moments are what make the better sides stand out and they did that better than anyone in that finals series last year. No one was going to beat the Storm, we all know that, so I don't think anyone can claim the Cows did better than the Broncs because they both got smashed by them, just one week apart. The Cows did do something the Broncs couldn't though and that is score points.

In any case, this is not about which side was better, this is about not giving credit to a side that did an amazing job to reach a GF despite having massive injuries and a guy in the 7 jersey playing like a genuine halfback when not many thought he actually could. Many thought he was just an average centre, others thought maybe a good fullback. Many thought he shouldn't have been a utility in origin. There was also a suggestion he was 'just a glorified park footballer.'

Was Morgan SOLELY responsible for the Cows making the GF? Definitely not. Was he a big part of it though? Absolutely. Did he surprise everyone by actually being a quality halfback? Stunningly so. Therefore, is he a good example for Milf and Kodi? Let me answer by asking another question, how on earth isn't he?

I don't want to be seen as not giving them credit, yes they made the GF but it does need to be put in perspective. It was 3 weeks of good football from them after a few months of deadset mediocrity. 2 of those teams imo completely shat the bed. St. George beats Bulldogs like they should have and it's not even a conversation. And it's not like the Bulldogs beating the Dragons was a case of the Cows making their own luck.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

But the Cowboys didn't win the grand final did they. They simply made it one week further than us by not having to play the Storm until one week after us.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
milford_weights.jpg

Whoa...

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
They were a better side than what they were in Round 26. They got better, we went downhill.

How sloppy and disorganized we were against the Roosters, Panthers and Storm. They would have been a nightmare for us.
Sorry, but your hypotheticals are trumped by what happened just 1 or 2 weeks before. Round 26, when we beat them with an ease not reflected on the score, still says no.

I truly admire the Cowboys grit in that period, and said as much. They fought tooth and nail and took advantage of their opposition's weakness and implosions, but like the Storm showed in the GF and we did in round 26, without Thurston and Scott, the Cowboys were far from the second best team in the competition.

This doesn't mean that Morgan didn't do an admirable job in JT's absence, although calling him a halfback is also far off the mark.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
you realize that we played the Roosters in last years finals and LOST to them ... right?
Sorry, in the qualifying final every year.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
For 110 years "Nobody remembers 2nd place" has been a common saying in rugby league circles. Unless of course it's the Cowboys on a Broncos forum. I don't get it. They didn't even win anything.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
A serious question about Morgan's play is are you happy for him to be QLD's halfback now that JT and Cronk are gone???

I sure as shit am not... but the experts seem to believe it is a given based almost solely on getting the cows to the GF

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I hate Gallen more than the Cowboys but the error he made in the last minute before they went to extra time was bullshit. He had players all over him and wasn't given a chance to play the ball with 30 seconds to go in front of the sticks.

Hehe heee...I remember that. It was one of the more enjoyable moments of the finals. A perfect way for the c**t to finish the year. :biggrin:

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
There is a piece on the NRL website where MIlf and Boydy talk about the loss of the 2015 GF. You can still feel how raw the loss is for them both, but what I found real pleasing was the fact they can both now discuss the heartache. This suggest to me that they have both finally reconciled the loss and have finally fought and killed the demons in their head. To me that means only one thing- a ball tearing season from them both. This is the first time I have felt confident too since 2015. Bring it!!!

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Fatboy
  • Scorchie
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • KickHaas
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • peter09
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.