How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters
I’m doubtful of that. I’d say it’ll be on par, sure. But you look at those two clubs and their position, they’re where we were 3yrs ago. Payne apparently wants a premiership, not happening at either of those clubs in the next 3-5yrs.
Add cost of living in Syd + the fact he’ll be away from family, I cannot see why either club would look a better option then Brisbane.
I’d say it’s a management ploy to up his $ from Brisbane. Payne and his management know we cannot afford to lose him

I don't think the premiership thing is real or at least not what his management, friendship group and family overlords will let be real. This is and always has been about money.

Can't oblige the bloke for wanting to make the most he can while he can. He's a work horse, we'll win premierships with or without him.

Reece Walsh is the guy we can't live without.
I disagree we lack and punch and space without him and patty.

Can't begrudge a 23 year old who is elite wanting to test the market we probably do the same.
Look just because you're the boss it doesn't mean you're above answering the question at hand.

Edit: Give yourself a raise, nice one.

I'm pulling the offer and chasing Tino, **** this clown and his manager and their season sabotaging timing.
He is not a Bronco.

I actively don't want him in the club anymore even if he was willing to stay for unders.

Twice now this dipshit and his manager have held the season hostage with their announcements.

Hate him more than Turncoates now.
And what do you think Tino is doing??? He's doing exactly the same to the Titans.

At this point I would just be letting him leave, every year it's the same thing. I'm just over it now. We need a no Nassar and/or SBW rule.

If we don't get Tino, then we are also waiting to 2024 for a signing. The only one really of note that at this stage that will be available and can provide some semblance of what Payne does is Mo. I'd have an offer for him ready to go if we don't get Tino.

1.2 over 3 years. Anything longer, the price comes down.

With him developing more attacking flare he is so valuable with the minutes he pumps out.

And what do you think Tino is doing??? He's doing exactly the same to the Titans.
Not even remotely close.

Titans are not in the top 8.
This is not the second time Tino has done this while they were finally finding some form.
Tino didn't win a spoon with the club.
Tino isnt after club record setting money.
Tino hasnt already requested a release in the middle of a season we are doing well in after doing terribly for years.
Tino has not had repeated run ins with the law and been supported time and again by the club.
What has Tino done that has made his own fans boo him?
Tino had a clause to break contract with the sacking of Holbrook, so he is a free agent right now, Haas is not.

How the **** are they even remotely similar?

Money not a motivator but Payne wants to know his truth worth.

Uhh, so what is it?

I'd bet that if you were in that industry, you would test the market, see what others were willing to pay, if for no other reason than to find out your market value.

Strongly doubt he's going to leave SEQ with his family situation.

Not even remotely close.

Titans are not in the top 8.
This is not the second time Tino has done this while they were finally finding some form.
Tino didn't win a spoon with the club.
Tino isnt after club record setting money.
Tino hasnt already requested a release in the middle of a season we are doing well in after doing terribly for years.
Tino has not had repeated run ins with the law and been supported time and again by the club.
What has Tino done that has made his own fans boo him?
Tino had a clause to break contract with the sacking of Holbrook, so he is a free agent right now, Haas is not.

How the **** are they even remotely similar?

it is extremely close.

The Titans may not be in the top 8 ... but they are still in the hunt for finals.
Tino still has a couple of years to run on his contract, but he's manager is using a technicality to see if they can get more money at another club (or force the Titans to pay more to keep him).

and this time round Payne is actually doing the right thing. he hasn't demanded a release from his contract and has decided he has let the club know their plans so they're not waiting for the next for months without knowing. they can start formulating contingency plans.

Active Now

• Santa
  • thenry
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Dee
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • bert_lifts
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.