How much is too much for Payne? The saga continues...

What is the maximum per year you would offer Haas?

• Total voters
He's the best prop in the game, no denying that.

However, props are probably the easiest spot in a team to fill. It's about which positions do you spend big in, I wouldn't have a prop near the top of that list.

It was really easy to replace Civo.

I get what you're saying but props rarely win you games of footy, the money should go to the players in the spine who can and will do that.

There have been several times where we haven't had the luxury of Payne out there and we've still managed to win.

I picked $1.1m but saying that it feels a bit like a toxic relationship...................Its like having a really hot high maintenance girlfriend with expensive taste, you sort of suspect that she just mostly likes you for your money.

She is kindof fun to have around and is smokin in the sack but she is also a bit of flirt with other guys despite denying it and there is always some other dude trying to pick her up.

You just can't trust her. Not to mention her crazy ass girlfriends in her ear telling her she can do better.

Despite having a gutful of the drama and all the red flags waving telling you to cut her loose................................. she is just so god damn hot.

For 1 million or around that, he will stay in Brisbane. Saves himself the expense of moving to Sydney, buying an overpriced house, all that shit that someone like Haas hasn't got the patience for after all the bullshit in his life.
Dude won't pay for a thing in Sydney if he joins the Roosters.

I reckon there’s a lot of pressure from his old man to help provide for his family (Payne’s siblings). Payne’s gonna want top dollar. As an Anglo I really struggle to get my head around this attitude, but to each their own.

I think we need to think to the future and think about our most important positions, our spine. We can afford to give a good contract for now, but Walsh, Mam and possibly Mozer are going to expect bigger money than they are on now for future contract renewals.

Give Payne what we can afford, don't blow our load over him.

He'll end up going to Union if he wants a boatload of money.

Eddie Jones will already have a meeting lined up.

Just remember, Reynolds has only got maybe one more season left in him - after that we either have to go to market for a halfback or develop one.

Offer him what we want to pay him at most say it's on the table until Nov 1 then pull the bid Nov 2 and look to ship him out early if he doesn't want to sign. Too much drama. Happy to lose him.

For 1 million or around that, he will stay in Brisbane. Saves himself the expense of moving to Sydney, buying an overpriced house, all that shit that someone like Haas hasn't got the patience for after all the bullshit in his life.
Yep that’s correct. Taking the same money to go to Sydney is actually a pay cut in real terms, and not a small one at that.

Does get topped up with ‘culcha’ payments if he’s going to the Roosters though, so he can always console himself with that.

Offer him what we want to pay him at most say it's on the table until Nov 1 then pull the bid Nov 2 and look to ship him out early if he doesn't want to sign. Too much drama. Happy to lose him.
Only an idiot would accept those terms. 🤦🏻‍♂️

He’s the most in demand forward in the game. He has literally all the leverage here and any objective person can see the sensible thing to do in his shoes is check out as many options as possible before making a decision.

If once all is said and done, ours is genuinely the best deal for him and his family, he’ll take it, and he’ll do so knowing he did the sensible thing and checked every option out first to make sure it was his best one, and he’ll be a more content player for it.

I imagine part of the decision is to see where the Broncos are at come November 1.

We were in a strong position last year and completely shit the bed. The same thing could happen this year. We're getting a few injuries and we're looking a bit shaky in games.

If we have a strong finish to the season and actually challenge for or better yet win the premiership, I think he'll stay. But if we shit the bed again, and it is possible it could happen again, I imagine that would be him gone.

If he's not motivated by money, he's motivated by the chance to win a premiership and IMO it would make sense for him to wait and see before deciding to stick with us. Despite our good season, we still are an unknown regarding whether or not we're going to be a genuine threat at the business end of the season.

I imagine part of the decision is to see where the Broncos are at come November 1.

We were in a strong position last year and completely shit the bed. The same thing could happen this year.

If we have a strong finish to the season and actually challenge for or better yet win the premiership, I think he'll stay. But if we shit the bed again, and it is possible it could happen again, I imagine that would be him gone.

If he's not motivated by money, he's motivated by the chance to win a premiership and IMO it would make sense for him to wait and see before deciding to stick with us. Despite our good season, we still are an unknown regarding whether or not we're going to be a genuine threat at the business end.

Yep him pulling the same shenanigans at the same time as last year is really screaming ‘I want to be a part of a successful team’.

He wants money and that’s it, or at least his team of decision makers do, there is nothing else to it.

I get what you're saying but props rarely win you games of footy, the money should go to the players in the spine who can and will do that.

There have been several times where we haven't had the luxury of Payne out there and we've still managed to win.

This is 90s Bennett thinking. Spine can't do anything without their forwards.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.