NEWS How the Broncos missed out on Hynes

The real miss out on hynes was when he came off contract in 2019. Boyd was on his way out, we had no stand out replacement and hynes was showing what he could do but there was limited interest in him.

A decent scout would have identified this then and picked him up for peanuts.

Hynes signed with the Storm half way through 2019. 2019 was his first year on the Coast- Really Falcons did the work for the Storm.

End of 2018 when he went from Mackay to Falcons would have been the go in hindsight. But really who thought he would be the player he is now at the Storm or Sharks? I thought very good ISC player.

The real miss out on hynes was when he came off contract in 2019. Boyd was on his way out, we had no stand out replacement and hynes was showing what he could do but there was limited interest in him.

A decent scout would have identified this then and picked him up for peanuts.

He was decent but nothing special in 2019 when the Storm signed him. At the time we had Issako who had been good at fullback at Souths and came off the back of his breakout season in the NRL. We probably had high hopes for him still being young but he never evolved. If Hynes didnt end up at the Storm, i dont think he is doing what he is now.

He was decent but nothing special in 2019 when the Storm signed him. At the time we had Issako who had been good at fullback at Souths and came off the back of his breakout season in the NRL. We probably had high hopes for him still being young but he never evolved. If Hynes didnt end up at the Storm, i dont think he is doing what he is now.

He was sensational for the Falcons in 2019. He had 21 try assists! The last performance before he got signed by the Storm- try, two line breaks, four try assists and 187m.

Grant had 21 assists too- 42 try assists from your 6 and 9- no wonder they lost two games and beat teams by 60 and 70.

So because we made stupid decisions around what we pay players previously we should continue to do so? Solid logic.
No, I think we should offer quality starting fullbacks / halves what they are actually worth in the NRL and $350k a year ain’t it…

But maybe that is just me…

Well me, and all the ones who are signing elsewhere for more, just like Nico, that is…

“We put forward to his agent an offer that was very close to what he was asking for. We didn’t low-ball him from that point of view. “We didn’t get to the negotiating table because he wanted to be closer to his family on the Central Coast.”
Non story. He's a surfer. Being able to hit the beach at 5am was always going to trump whatever Brisbane has. Remind me again what that is. Not a beach though.

He was sensational for the Falcons in 2019. He had 21 try assists! The last performance before he got signed by the Storm- try, two line breaks, four try assists and 187m.

Grant had 21 assists too- 42 try assists from your 6 and 9- no wonder they lost two games and beat teams by 60 and 70.

Am I missing something or did he only end up at the Falcons after he signed for the Storm?

Am I missing something or did he only end up at the Falcons after he signed for the Storm?
Signed to Falcons to give Melbourne a closer look, earned a development contract mid-year.

Signed to Falcons to give Melbourne a closer look, earned a development contract mid-year.

Ah. Thanks. I was mistaken. Just never really thought he stood out much before I watched him at the Falcons.

They do that well Melbourne. They seem to get players at their feeder clubs before committing to them.

Non story. He's a surfer. Being able to hit the beach at 5am was always going to trump whatever Brisbane has. Remind me again what that is. Not a beach though.
Alex Glenn had no problem hitting the beach whenever he so desired…

I guess he likes the cockroach life.
At my junior training the other night there were 6 people from the council with torches scouring the hill because there had been a reported Cane Toad sighting. Not joking.
They're on the march.

It’s just dawned on me that Cronulla also tried to sign Adam Reynolds but missed out. Where’s that news article before our game?
It’s in the bottom draw waiting for a five game losing streak

I'm not really bothered, if we signed him we wouldn't of got Arey, yeah we need a fullback but then we would be lacking in the halves which he most likely would of played anyway.

We got the better option and the amount Sharks paid for Hynes(I heard atleast 700k) they are both on Similar money too.

Did we "low ball"?

We probably did, if Cronulla paid more but also, Cronulla were desperate. The reason they went with Fitzgibbon in the first place was to attract some people to their club, if they went into this season with a new coach and no new playmakers after missing out on Reynolds, it would've been pretty bad for them.

Instead of saying we low balled, I am thinking Cronulla paid overs, obviously his form has meant that he has been worth every penny but it could've gone the other way too.

Did we "low ball"?

We probably did, if Cronulla paid more but also, Cronulla were desperate. The reason they went with Fitzgibbon in the first place was to attract some people to their club, if they went into this season with a new coach and no new playmakers after missing out on Reynolds, it would've been pretty bad for them.

Instead of saying we low balled, I am thinking Cronulla paid overs, obviously his form has meant that he has been worth every penny but it could've gone the other way too.
Agreed, but looking at his form down in Melbourne it was a very low risk if any.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • broncs30
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • kman
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.